Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!

Reply #8625 Posted: August 16, 2011, 11:14:12 am

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Quote from: Obble;1411185

Quote from: winter;1411186
OMGCUTE

It's three times as cute with 3 of them in a row :D

Reply #8626 Posted: August 16, 2011, 11:17:41 am

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Anaraith

• Addicted
  • Anaraith has no influence.
Quote from: RetardoBot;1411120
Biking home in a blizzard is hard enough, but to have some fucking stupid, arrogant dumb bitch cut me off at a busy intersection only to force me into a gutter just puts my life at risk. Then getting around the corner only to have some dipshit-fucknut throw a snowball at me from a car is fucking mind boggling. Honestly, who fucking throws a snowball at someone on a bike in the middle of a snow storm.

Was walking home in the snow and some cunt threw a snowball at my girlfriend from my car, I laughed when they slid into a ditch and fucked their wheels.

Reply #8627 Posted: August 16, 2011, 11:47:45 am
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :

Pokemon arent real but they should be.

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: winter;1411186
OMGCUTE

Yep, spinabifida, brachicephalic disease, skin conditions, heart problems breathing problems etc etc....yeah damn cute.

Reply #8628 Posted: August 16, 2011, 12:16:43 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1411213
Yep, spinabifida, brachicephalic disease, skin conditions, heart problems breathing problems etc etc....yeah damn cute.

:(

Reply #8629 Posted: August 16, 2011, 12:32:13 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.

Dogs cause all of those?

I guess I better stop eating them then.

Reply #8630 Posted: August 16, 2011, 12:32:38 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Hori88;1411222
Dogs cause all of those?

I guess I better stop eating them then.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5902[/ATTACH]

Reply #8631 Posted: August 16, 2011, 12:52:12 pm

Obble

Don't really care what your medical problems are, go away :p

breeders should be shot for inbreeding, causes far too many problems for their 'perfection' fucking people.

grumble grumble grumble
Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:59:29 pm by Obble

Reply #8632 Posted: August 16, 2011, 12:56:24 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
We should just GE our dogs, and get perfect shiny coats and no diseases. It'd be the humane thing to do.

Reply #8633 Posted: August 16, 2011, 01:00:36 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
Fuck me! It's gotta be the dead head chemistry. Blotter got right on top o' me. Got me seeing E-mother-fuckin-T!

Reply #8634 Posted: August 16, 2011, 03:20:43 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.

Reply #8635 Posted: August 16, 2011, 03:47:15 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Speaking of applying for jobs.

Today is the last day of my 90 day "contract trial". I use speech marks because technically it's not a trial, I am acting as a sole trader and invoicing work at the end of every week.

Sick of it to be honest. Hopefully the "boss" is happy to put me on the pay roll.

Reply #8636 Posted: August 16, 2011, 04:11:07 pm

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
cat turned up!

snow must've melted enough with the rain to let her out of wherever she's been holed up since Sunday night.
that damn animal can't have many lives left!

:joyous:

Reply #8637 Posted: August 16, 2011, 07:39:51 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: Spork;1410721
:( Sorry to hear about your Cat Wooman. Maybe she just hid somewhere warm-ish and doesn't want to come out yet.

Maybe I should start bringing out some predictions about natural disasters next.

Reply #8638 Posted: August 16, 2011, 07:49:44 pm

Obble

You had a 50/50 chance Spork, go stab yourself with mandarins. :D

Reply #8639 Posted: August 16, 2011, 07:51:19 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Quote from: Spork;1411484
Maybe I should start bringing out some predictions about natural disasters next.

The MoonSpork!

Reply #8640 Posted: August 16, 2011, 08:21:19 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Growler;1411099
round 3 coming now, still more to come :onthego:

*looks at post time*

12 hours ago and barely a tickle since.
Stop scaring it off G-man!
Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 09:07:27 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #8641 Posted: August 16, 2011, 08:53:46 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Anaraith;1411200
Was walking home in the snow and some cunt threw a snowball at my girlfriend from my car, I laughed when they slid into a ditch and fucked their wheels.

Why would you laugh about someone crashing your car?
That's some lame friends you got there. Why'd you even give them your keys?

Quote from: Hori88;1411350
Fuck me! It's gotta be the dead head chemistry. Blotter got right on top o' me. Got me seeing E-mother-fuckin-T!

God damn, shit the bed.

Reply #8642 Posted: August 16, 2011, 09:00:40 pm

Offline desertergreg

• Devoted Member
  • desertergreg has no influence.
Ah the Scaring of G-man. good film.

I am glad the cat turned up. tis a good omen if ever there be one.

i will decree today is a good day. well it is for me and cats anyway. well at least one cat.

you know what i mean.

Reply #8643 Posted: August 16, 2011, 09:01:08 pm
Quote from: Nostargate;1363344
I roofled once, it was a party.....i was young and naive.....................................

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1411503
*looks at post time*

12 hours ago and barely a tickle since.
Stop scaring it of G-man!

Did you not see the masses of snow from 9:30 onwards? didnt really settle thou was too warm.

Reply #8644 Posted: August 16, 2011, 09:07:48 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Pyromanik

I saw it. Was more of the tickle I referred to.
So disappointed with the amount of storm that kept me awake all night last night to wake up and fine only about as much snow as there was yesterday.

I did quite a large internal FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Reply #8645 Posted: August 16, 2011, 09:08:50 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #8646 Posted: August 16, 2011, 09:18:00 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline camy205

• Addicted
  • camy205 barely matters.camy205 barely matters.
It snowed like crazy for about half an hour now it's just raining. Gonna wake up to a green backyard.... :(

Reply #8647 Posted: August 16, 2011, 09:19:23 pm
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1484182
GetSome Thread - Generic Timeline:

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Someone calls someone a retard
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
 - What is this thread about?

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
I have a lot of nice rain. If it snows here, beers on me for the rest of the night.

Reply #8648 Posted: August 16, 2011, 10:06:04 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: RetardoBot;1411378
Speaking of applying for jobs.

Today is the last day of my 90 day "contract trial". I use speech marks because technically it's not a trial, I am acting as a sole trader and invoicing work at the end of every week.

Sick of it to be honest. Hopefully the "boss" is happy to put me on the pay roll.

Too bad for him it doesn't matter what the fuck he calls you, you're an employee.*
And should you wish (need), you could argue that in a court, and he'd probably lose.

Unfortunately though that new law has him covered so long as there's less than... 10? (20?) employed by the company, he still gets his 3 months no questions asked dismissal.
But as soon as you turn up for work tomorrow he's fucked.

PS. Motherfucker likely technically owes you leave attributed to the hours you've already worked. To which I gather there's a fair bit of overtime.

Although it's not a really major issue now, you need to be aware of this incase the situation doesn't change (for the better) tomorrow (or after you've reminded him that he needs to give you a proper contract and he continues with the status quo).

*What matters is the relationship.
http://www.dol.govt.nz/workplace/knowledgebase/item/1328
http://nztax.net/individuals/employee-or-contractor/

Contractor or Employee?
Was the intention to be a self-employed contractor or an employee? employee
Is there any written agreement or correspondence that shows your intention? yes
Who makes the tax payments to the Inland Revenue Department? you
Who provides the equipment? your boss
Who controls how and when the work is done? your boss
Who has the power to hire other people to do the work? your boss

I could also add to that (under assumption)
do you work soley for your boss yes
are you allowed to take other work no
do you invoice on hours, or per job contracts? hours
did you set your pay rate (or have reasonable influence in setting it through negotiation) no
Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 11:17:22 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #8649 Posted: August 16, 2011, 10:36:59 pm