Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: Obble;1412150
Smoking so cool.

It's not so much the smoking, it's just cool to spend time somewhere where there aren't so many laws for every little bastard thing.
You can do whatever the hell you want in Peru and nobody bats an eyelid. Liberating tbh.

NZ has a bit of that charm with not so many permits for fishing and you can still take a 4wd on the beach. It's rapidly being taken by the conservative old douches that love putting signs up everywhere. NO WALKING ON THE DUNES, NO PARKING, NO CAMPING.

Go to NSW, you can't even go to the beach and catch a flathead without a $35 permit and $8 to park at the beach (for 4 hours). You guys gotta pray NZ doesn't go that way.

Reply #8725 Posted: August 18, 2011, 11:36:13 am

Obble

oh fo sho champ, Muriwai is a classic example of the derps taking over, mainly because idiots don't drive to the conditions (derp ill do 100km/h on a soft sand beach and die).

In unrelated news.

ROGER WATERS AND TAYLOR SWIFT NEXT YEAR, OMG. :cheerful:

Reply #8726 Posted: August 18, 2011, 11:39:37 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Agree with Bob.

Most of the rules put in place for that sort of thing can be attributed to the fuck-banks in this country who don't exercise sensible behaviour. The only way to get the idiots to stop is to impose restrictions which in turn ruins it for everyone else.

Reply #8727 Posted: August 18, 2011, 11:42:50 am

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: Obble;1412162

That's a threesome I'd be a part of proudly

Reply #8728 Posted: August 18, 2011, 11:52:12 am

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: RetardoBot;1412163
Agree with Bob.

Most of the rules put in place for that sort of thing can be attributed to the fuck-banks in this country who don't exercise sensible behaviour. The only way to get the idiots to stop is to impose restrictions which in turn ruins it for everyone else.

Yeah. There's always going to be one idiot screw it up.
Then the little conservative grannies with their nanna pants jump up and down and get permits and restrictions and signs put everywhere so nobody can ever have any fun again.

Reply #8729 Posted: August 18, 2011, 12:03:43 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
^douche.

Nothing wrong with conservation. It's the fuckheads that don't understand this, and that abuse our fisheries that are to blame, not the grannies; but then it's be charitable to say that not everyone is as enlightened....

Reply #8730 Posted: August 18, 2011, 12:33:17 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline zolteg

• Devoted Member
  • zolteg has no influence.
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1412186
^douche.

Nothing wrong with conservation. It's the fuckheads that don't understand this, and that abuse our fisheries that are to blame, not the grannies; but then it's be charitable to say that not everyone is as enlightened....

Bro, he said conservative as in Tory, not conservative as in Green.  He's complaining about idiots killing themselves on beaches, resulting in a kneejerk reaction from the old women who run the country....

Speaking of green, I worked out this morning the only viable candidate to get my Electorate vote this year is a green.  Kinda surprises me.

Reply #8731 Posted: August 18, 2011, 12:48:53 pm

Offline Emrico1

^douche.

Bahahahaha

I'm all for conservation, just the conservative right that wants you to have a permit to do anything.

They would take your beer and smokes and have you working at megamart for fuck all before you knew it.

What I am getting at, is that I'm tired of people wanting to control every public space with permits and signs. It's nice that in NZ you can camp, have a fire, go fishing and catch some shellfish. It should be a natural part of coastal life. We've been doing it for thousands of years.
Where I come from, you can do none of the above and it's these old bags who don't actually use the beach bar walking their dogs, who seem to implement all this.

Especially being a surfer, I protect the coast and often see more damage caused from the numpties putting up fences and planting non native grasses to control the natural movement of the dunes.
They plant marram grass http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammophila_(Poaceae) everywhere and put up fences, even in the national parks. Dickheads.

Reply #8732 Posted: August 18, 2011, 01:02:17 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Obble;1412162

OMG i CAN'T DECIDE ON WHICH TO GO TO!

Reply #8733 Posted: August 18, 2011, 01:06:55 pm

Obble

Quote from: Spacemonkey;1412199
OMG i CAN'T DECIDE ON WHICH TO GO TO!

I AM GOING TO BOTH

18/8/11 The day Grim derped so hard.
Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 01:17:15 pm by Obble

Reply #8734 Posted: August 18, 2011, 01:12:48 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: Emrico1;1412194
Bahahahaha

I'm all for conservation, just the conservative right that wants you to have a permit to do anything.

They would take your beer and smokes and have you working at megamart for fuck all before you knew it.

What I am getting at, is that I'm tired of people wanting to control every public space with permits and signs. It's nice that in NZ you can camp, have a fire, go fishing and catch some shellfish. It should be a natural part of coastal life. We've been doing it for thousands of years.
Where I come from, you can do none of the above and it's these old bags who don't actually use the beach bar walking their dogs, who seem to implement all this.

Especially being a surfer, I protect the coast and often see more damage caused from the numpties putting up fences and planting non native grasses to control the natural movement of the dunes.
They plant marram grass http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammophila_(Poaceae) everywhere and put up fences, even in the national parks. Dickheads.
\

It's not the Tories that push for regulation and permits etc, that's the left.

The Tories privatise everything

Reply #8735 Posted: August 18, 2011, 01:46:39 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Emrico1;1412194

What wankers!

They should be planting Spinifex instead!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinifex_%28genus%29

Reply #8736 Posted: August 18, 2011, 01:46:50 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Emrico1

Quote from: Pyromanik;1412214
What wankers!

They should be planting Spinifex instead!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinifex_(genus)

Much better. I think they plant that here (marram grass in Aus).

But,

They shouldn't be planting anything if you ask me especially in places where there is no need to protect property.
Planting to retain natural ecosystem is pretty damn Derp. Just leave it alone.

Reply #8737 Posted: August 18, 2011, 02:33:25 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
^douche.

lol, you're a big silly.

Reply #8738 Posted: August 18, 2011, 07:14:53 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Emrico1;1412234
Much better. I think they plant that here (marram grass in Aus).

But,

They shouldn't be planting anything if you ask me especially in places where there is no need to protect property.
Planting to retain natural ecosystem is pretty damn Derp. Just leave it alone.

They're planting to prevent introduced pest plants from taking over the dunes (and making our natives endangered).
Also, I see no issue in saving natural ecosystems. I'd rather have folks keeping off the dunes than no beach at all.

Saving an ecosystem that's barely touched by man on the other hand... You're not saving shit. You're trying to BUILD something that's not supposed to be there. Which is what I gather you mean.

Not caring and not caring is why we pay retarded amounts for barely-a-meal crayfish.
Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 10:25:20 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #8739 Posted: August 18, 2011, 10:22:57 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Emrico1

Quote from: Pyromanik;1412457
They're planting to prevent introduced pest plants from taking over the dunes (and making our natives endangered).

Sometimes, but more often than not they are just planting to stop the sand moving. Mostly to protect property.

But you think about it, sand moves, always has, the place where sand is exposed is a constant movement with the wind. If you prevent movement in one place, the place that the sand travels to no longer gets it, changing the natural flow and causing erosion in other ways.

They clog up the dunes then wonder WHERE THE FUCK derp THE BEACH WENT? OH THAT'S RIGHT, WE STOPPED THE FUCKING SAND MOVING.
Quick! Put up a sign, nobody go on the dunes so we keep the bea.... OH SHIT.

Ok fair enough protect people's property but leave the national parks and unpopulated beaches the fuck alone.
You have to spend as much time at the beach as I do to see what these idiots don't seem to understand.

Reply #8740 Posted: August 18, 2011, 11:29:57 pm

Offline Emrico1

Anyway, it's not like what I think matters or has any baring on what happens.

Reply #8741 Posted: August 18, 2011, 11:51:06 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
So.. the whole 'Scrolls' debacle.. Mojang has challenged Bethesda at 2 rounds of 3v3 Quake 3 Arena for the naming rights
hahahahah..

http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/18/minecraft-creator-challenges-bethesda-to-deathmatch-for-the-word/

Reply #8742 Posted: August 19, 2011, 10:56:36 am

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Emrico1;1412493
Anyway, it's not like what I think matters or has any baring on what happens.

ditto.

Reply #8743 Posted: August 19, 2011, 11:49:12 am

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
24 years old as of next Saturday .. :( I'm getting old!

Reply #8744 Posted: August 19, 2011, 05:21:54 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
Pffft, not even a quarter century....embrace it, it just gets better....

Reply #8745 Posted: August 19, 2011, 06:23:32 pm

Obble

Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1412808
Pffft, not even a quarter century....embrace it, it just gets better....

The way the world's going, I DON'T THINK SO, TIM.

Tin foil hats for all.:very_drunk:

Reply #8746 Posted: August 19, 2011, 08:23:13 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted

Reply #8747 Posted: August 19, 2011, 08:25:39 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
Oh fuck man, I love Gil...
"you must spread etc...."

Pig and Whistle seems a deserved gold medal, Belgium Tempest is just as enjoyable, Rock Hopper to come, professional discretion included....
Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 08:50:10 pm by Ngati_Grim

Reply #8748 Posted: August 19, 2011, 08:47:50 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
Quote from: Obble;1412203

18/8/11 The day Grim derped so hard.

I've derped harder, tbh...I'm sure Em can take it, he's had a bigger pounding from a wave, no doubt.

Quote from: matt88nz;1412348
lol, you're a big silly.

Of course I am. I don't deny it.  
I have no qualms with this comment, and love the fact I'm Human in this incarnation....

0.o

...beats being any other fucking animal we abuse for our selfish means. ;)

Reply #8749 Posted: August 19, 2011, 09:32:54 pm