Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1415667
Will also eat the paint on the car though. Be careful, apply sparingly. Wax car afterwards as you've probably also taken a layer or two of clear coat with it.

It shouldn't.

You can put wax and grease remover on before a clear coat on a freshly sprayed car. I have done it myself many times.
After the paint goes on, you wet and dry the shine off and get it nice and flat, you need to clean the paint and a rag with prepsol then a tack cloth is just the thing.
Acrylic or two pack paint is not solvent in prepsol.

Maybe you are thinking of thinners.
Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 10:05:07 pm by Emrico1

Reply #8925 Posted: August 28, 2011, 10:00:33 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
was water based (i think), IPA took it off in like 20 minutes, then gave it a turtle wax. Was bumper to bumper on passengers side, some little cunt walking past holding the can. Was a real thick coat thou with the cunt being so close.

15 of the 20 mins was getting it out of door handles etc.

Good as gold now, just a cunty thing to have to deal with.

Reply #8926 Posted: August 28, 2011, 10:23:44 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
^I reckon.
Years ago I drove all the way from Tasmania to Brisbane and back over six weeks sleeping in my old coverted hiace. I parked up roadside all over the place and didn't have a hassle.

The day I get home, some fudgepackers tag wasssupp all over the side of my van.

5 minutes and a prepsol rag and it was gone.

I only discovered this prepsol / enamel spray thing because you use black enamel to trace spray putty or primer (on cars), sometimes there are pits with need spot filler.
You don't want the spot filler to trap the enamel. In cleaning the surface with prepsol, I noticed all the enamel gets dissolved but leaves everything else fine, including old paint.

It's also very handy for cleaning surfboards so I always have a stash...

Reply #8927 Posted: August 28, 2011, 10:31:03 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.

Reply #8928 Posted: August 28, 2011, 10:47:09 pm

Offline Emrico1

Quote from: Hori88;1415702
It's good sniff too.

Hehe, forget redbull, prepsol gives you wings.

Reply #8929 Posted: August 29, 2011, 11:46:10 am

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Emrico1;1415694
^I reckon.
Years ago I drove all the way from Tasmania to Brisbane and back over six weeks sleeping in my old coverted hiace.

Lies.

Reply #8930 Posted: August 29, 2011, 12:10:49 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1415779
Lies.

Unless you converted your Hiace into a boat.

Reply #8931 Posted: August 29, 2011, 12:11:25 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
You misunderstood.

Him and his van where on a covert mission.

Reply #8932 Posted: August 29, 2011, 12:11:56 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted

Reply #8933 Posted: August 29, 2011, 12:14:29 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Hah, I had to check to see how 'coveted' was spelled, realized there's no 'r' so changed my post to better fit.

Reply #8934 Posted: August 29, 2011, 12:31:51 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
ATTENTION

We have received copyright complaint(s) regarding material that you posted, as follows:

from Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation about What song is this? HIMYM S5Ep13 Jenkins 4:30 - spork60
    Video ID: -NhihC2cayg

Please note: Repeat incidents of copyright infringement will result in the deletion of your account and all videos that you have uploaded. Please delete any videos for which you do not own the necessary rights and refrain from uploading infringing videos.

If you are unsure what this means, it is very important for you to visit our Copyright Tips guide.

If one of your postings has been misidentified as infringing, you may submit a counter-notification. Information about this process is in our Help Centre.

Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material was disabled due to mistake or misidentification may be liable for damages.

For your reference, a copy of this message has been sent to you via email and can also be located in your Account Warnings page.

Reply #8935 Posted: August 29, 2011, 01:11:36 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

Reply #8936 Posted: August 29, 2011, 01:25:12 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...

Reply #8937 Posted: August 29, 2011, 02:30:20 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: Spork;1415796
ATTENTION
   ...from Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation 'Give us more money division'

What song was it? lol.

Reply #8938 Posted: August 29, 2011, 02:43:12 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
I uploaded a short clip from How I met your mother in an attempt to find a song.. Which as it turns out, was written specifically for the show.

When I clicked 'I accept' or what ever it then took me to some page with a video on it explaining copyright, and I had to answer four multiple choice questions (very easy ones).
Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 02:54:05 pm by Spork

Reply #8939 Posted: August 29, 2011, 02:50:33 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Woo, I haven't forgotten I owe you & Bitchi booze, will be with you very soon. Peach scnapps and Baileys wasn't it ;)

Reply #8940 Posted: August 29, 2011, 06:42:45 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!

Reply #8941 Posted: August 29, 2011, 07:32:17 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Emrico1

Quote from: RetardoBot;1415781
You misunderstood.

Him and his van where on a covert mission.

It was a cnvrt02 undercover cousin sexing mobile.

Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1415779
Lies.
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1415780
Unless you converted your Hiace into a boat.

There was a ferry involved, I met a girl on the boat and drove that also.

Reply #8942 Posted: August 29, 2011, 07:38:25 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Emrico1;1416000
It was a cnvrt02 undercover cousin sexing mobile.

There was a ferry involved, I met a girl on the boat and drove that also.

The ferry? Or was it a motorboat?

Reply #8943 Posted: August 29, 2011, 09:30:11 pm

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
Quote from: Growler;1415985
Woo, I haven't forgotten I owe you & Bitchi booze, will be with you very soon. Peach scnapps and Baileys wasn't it ;)

you are welcome to visit when you are no longer germy. well, no more germy than usual. but that flu thing u had can gtfo, I sooooo don't want that lurgy!!!

alcohol would be awesome... might have to sink a few on Sunday :very_drunk:

Reply #8944 Posted: August 29, 2011, 10:42:07 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: Emrico1;1416000
There was a ferry involved
It's only gay if you push back.

Reply #8945 Posted: August 29, 2011, 11:41:37 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Emrico1

Today, I am officially old.

Mate's kid is pretty handy with electronics, so I say 'I bet he'd be able to program the VCR'
Kid says interested. What is VCR?

Reply #8946 Posted: August 30, 2011, 11:47:43 am

Offline camy205

• Addicted
  • camy205 barely matters.camy205 barely matters.
Wow that makes me feel old. And i'm only 18.... lol

Anyone know when the next service pack for windows nt 4.0 comes out?

Reply #8947 Posted: August 30, 2011, 12:02:33 pm
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1484182
GetSome Thread - Generic Timeline:

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Someone calls someone a retard
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
 - What is this thread about?

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Emrico1;1416160
Today, I am officially old.

Mate's kid is pretty handy with electronics, so I say 'I bet he'd be able to program the VCR'
Kid says interested. What is VCR?

There was a TV show...or a movie...or something, that watched kids interact with technology of yesteryear. They gave a 10yr old a Walkman. Kid didn't know what the fuck to do.

I think that I was very fortunate being born in the 80s. However, I am saddened when I realise I wont be around when man reaches its peak in technology.

Reply #8948 Posted: August 30, 2011, 12:12:58 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.

Reply #8949 Posted: August 30, 2011, 12:25:18 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>