Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!

Reply #9175 Posted: September 12, 2011, 10:37:47 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #9176 Posted: September 12, 2011, 10:38:53 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Obble

Quote from: winter;1420685
Auckland is cold and miserable, that is all.

Not even cold, harden up. :p

I prefer the weather we had on Friday though :C

Reply #9177 Posted: September 12, 2011, 10:50:08 am

Codex

Lol I'd rather move to Invercargill than move to Auckland

Reply #9178 Posted: September 12, 2011, 11:11:27 am

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Codex;1420632
Enjoy the gift jonty?

num num num

Reply #9179 Posted: September 12, 2011, 11:13:37 am
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Codex;1420705
Lol I'd rather move to Invercargill than move to Auckland
Too right. I think everyone that doesn't already live in Auckland would rather cut off their testies/ovaries and sacrifice their future children than move to Auckland.

Reply #9180 Posted: September 12, 2011, 11:15:51 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Obble

I live so far west of Auckland, that im not even in Auckland, people are people where i live. :D

I can understand Codex's fear of Auckland though, it would be scary living in a multicultural city that has a cbd.

Reply #9181 Posted: September 12, 2011, 11:23:11 am

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: Obble;1420713
I live so far west of Auckland, that im not even in Auckland, people are people where i live. :D

Dick :P
Town is all good to live in - 5min walk to work, close to the domain.. close to everything :D

Reply #9182 Posted: September 12, 2011, 11:28:15 am

Codex

I heard they were going to install Futurama styled suicide booths in Auckland CBD then they realized that they would be in overuse from people forced to live there. True story.

Reply #9183 Posted: September 12, 2011, 12:22:32 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
Quote from: Codex;1420740
I heard they were going to install Futurama styled suicide booths in Auckland CBD then they realized that they would be in overuse from people forced to live there. True story.

:< not true!

In other news, I want a green glowing cat! http://www.stuff.co.nz/science/5607911/Green-glowing-cats-provide-Aids-hope
Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 12:45:41 pm by winter

Reply #9184 Posted: September 12, 2011, 12:38:58 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: winter;1420750
:< not true!

In other news, I want a green glowing cat! http://www.stuff.co.nz/science/5607911/Green-glowing-cats-provide-Aids-hope

Showed my work mate.

First comment:

"They should do that with murderers and stuff so you can see them coming in the dark..."

Reply #9185 Posted: September 12, 2011, 01:35:23 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
I would happily give up medical advancements made due to ( non- human) animal testing. too many of us fat bastards/preening gym-bunnies around anyway.

http://www.earthlings.com/

We're sick as a species.

Watch the trailer, at the very least.

Piss on your bacon, motherfuckers!

Reply #9186 Posted: September 12, 2011, 01:36:32 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
no, you piss on the skin, not on the meat. That's how the leather is made :>

Reply #9187 Posted: September 12, 2011, 01:40:54 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Its just natural selection. We humans are naturally the best, so all other species except the ones we farm for delicious foods, will die out.

Reply #9188 Posted: September 12, 2011, 01:41:06 pm

Obble

Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1420765
I would happily give up medical advancements made due to ( non- human) animal testing. too many of us fat bastards/preening gym-bunnies around anyway.

http://www.earthlings.com/

We're sick as a species.

I agree.

Reply #9189 Posted: September 12, 2011, 01:45:56 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Had the same thought.
Kinda sick really.
How is a green cat supposed to hunt?

Reply #9190 Posted: September 12, 2011, 01:49:02 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: mycoolcar;1420770
Its just natural selection. We humans are naturally the best, so all other species except the ones we farm for delicious foods, will die out.

You didn't watch it, aye! It's unnatural and unnecessary for us to sustain ourselves with meat these days in our comfortable little first world bubbles. skinned alive, inhumane treatment and cetera. Watch it and be stirred. It's important for as many people as possible to watch it.
We certainly aren't naturally the best, given the short length of time we've been around. We're certainly the most brutal and 'big for our boots'.

Oh, in other news....
...nope, nothing. :(

Reply #9191 Posted: September 12, 2011, 01:50:54 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1420776
How is a green cat supposed to hunt?

This:

+

This:

I like eating meat, I'm an omnivore and enjoy the taste, however, I don't like seeing an animal suffer unduly.

Reply #9192 Posted: September 12, 2011, 01:53:02 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Oh yes, I am tasty indeed.

She can attest to that.

Reply #9193 Posted: September 12, 2011, 01:53:57 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
Quote from: Pyromanik;1420764
Showed my work mate.

First comment:

"They should do that with murderers and stuff so you can see them coming in the dark..."

good idea! I want a glowing horse and I'll take it to the clubs and stuff and be like.. a medieval raver.

Reply #9194 Posted: September 12, 2011, 02:04:36 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
Quote from: Pitchey;1420778
I don't like seeing an animal suffer unduly.

...or duly?

Reply #9195 Posted: September 12, 2011, 02:23:39 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1420777
You didn't watch it, aye! It's unnatural and unnecessary for us to sustain ourselves with meat these days in our comfortable little first world bubbles. skinned alive, inhumane treatment and cetera. Watch it and be stirred. It's important for as many people as possible to watch it.
We certainly aren't naturally the best, given the short length of time we've been around. We're certainly the most brutal and 'big for our boots'.

Oh, in other news....
...nope, nothing. :(

I watched it. Largely unmoved sorry. I've never really anthropomorphised animals. I make my own decisions about eating meat that's been treated with a minimum of cruelty by only buying and eating free range meat, but I have no issues with others making different decisions.

Personally I'd prefer it if everyone who eats meat has to kill what they eat at least once, but I only think that because when I've had to slaughter sheep, euthanise lambs, or cull rabbits and wild cats, I found distasteful and unpleasant, so  I prefer to see suffering kept to a practical minimum. Again, that's my view and I have no issue with people who don't share it.

Oh and we are far from the most brutal. Watching a cat spend 5 minutes with a bird its caught puts paid to that one. Nature is brutal and unforgiving. Most animals in the wild die in terror and misery without any human intervention.

Reply #9196 Posted: September 12, 2011, 02:23:51 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline deanox

• Just settled in
  • deanox has no influence.

Reply #9197 Posted: September 12, 2011, 02:30:09 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1420777
You didn't watch it, aye!

u mad bro?

Also, it's perfectly natural for humans to 'sustain' ourselves with meat.

I can't think of anything MORE natural to be honest.

Reply #9198 Posted: September 12, 2011, 02:32:37 pm

Obble

Quote from: RetardoBot;1420797
u mad bro?

Also, it's perfectly natural for humans to 'sustain' ourselves with meat.

I can't think of anything MORE natural to be honest.

Masturbating.

Reply #9199 Posted: September 12, 2011, 02:37:53 pm