Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: Hori88;1420848
I was only given 'abstract' drawing skills.
I.e. no drawing skills at all.

better than mine, I'll draw it too watch..

)_gjn

see, you're better than me at drawing.

Reply #9225 Posted: September 12, 2011, 04:48:24 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Dr Woomanchu;1420817
Yep. You choose not to. I choose to take responsibility for any suffering an animal undergoes when it dies so I can eat it, and others choose not to care.

Yep.

I realise I'm idealistic and acerbic and opinionated in this regard (lol). I realise you guys know this too.

It's a bit of a clash of (sub)cultures and I know that I can't change that.

Thanks for the platform to at least (badly) voice my opinion.

0.o

Reply #9226 Posted: September 12, 2011, 06:05:24 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Pitchey;1420819
Post makes no sense.

You don't like to see them unduly suffer. What about seeing them duly suffer?

Reply #9227 Posted: September 12, 2011, 06:06:34 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
Quote from: RetardoBot;1420822
it'll more than likely end up with him calling me an ignorant c*** in a rep comment again.

hahahaha Probably.

Monkey say, monkey do.

Reply #9228 Posted: September 12, 2011, 06:11:19 pm

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
Quote from: Codex;1420818
Done bitchi.

tyvm :cat:

Quote from: Growler;1420826
All done bitchi, even the extra credit!

tyvm ... bonus bacon for this man :encouragement:

Reply #9229 Posted: September 12, 2011, 07:26:23 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted

Reply #9230 Posted: September 12, 2011, 08:00:24 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1420880
You don't like to see them unduly suffer. What about seeing them duly suffer?

Ahhh, I see, you've engaged Troll Mode.

OK then, what don't you "understand" about my post then?

Reply #9231 Posted: September 12, 2011, 08:36:02 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
Oh no, I understood it, it was just the semantics which I thought could be clearer.

Also lol "engaged".

:)

Reply #9232 Posted: September 12, 2011, 08:38:07 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pitchey;1420953
Ahhh, I see, you've engaged Troll Mode.

OK then, what don't you "understand" about my post then?

He's in perma-troll mode. There's no off switch.

Reply #9233 Posted: September 12, 2011, 08:42:03 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
....or is there?

If a troll means what he says, is he still a troll?

Arse!

Reply #9234 Posted: September 12, 2011, 08:47:38 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Quote from: RetardoBot;1420957

Grammar Nazi too.

Reply #9235 Posted: September 12, 2011, 08:53:46 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
Quote from: Pitchey;1420965
Grammar Nazi too.

http://www.miislita.com/fractals/grammar-semantics-fractals.html

"Like semantics, indeed not to be distinguished from semantics, grammatical organization as a fractal phenomenon is a shifting yet stable structuring device that generates word constructions but is also the essence of the meaning. That the neurological arrangement of the brain is also fractal in nature is no coincidence. In this regard it is impossible to separate the dancer from the dance: to see grammar as an abstraction removed from meaning." - Charles Henry, Rice University.

but it's (sic) also the essence of the meaning

but is also the essence of the meaning

but is also the essence for (sic) the meaning
Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 09:01:34 pm by Ngati_Grim

Reply #9236 Posted: September 12, 2011, 08:56:33 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted

Reply #9237 Posted: September 12, 2011, 09:18:42 pm

Offline zolteg

• Devoted Member
  • zolteg has no influence.
Quote from: Dr Woomanchu;1420792
Oh and we are far from the most brutal. Watching a cat spend 5 minutes with a bird its caught puts paid to that one. Nature is brutal and unforgiving. Most animals in the wild die in terror and misery without any human intervention.

Like penguins.  Especially penguins.

Reply #9238 Posted: September 12, 2011, 09:28:35 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
Quote from: Pitchey;1420977
Thus, proving my point, thanks.

Its impotent, it really is.

Reply #9239 Posted: September 12, 2011, 09:30:25 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Quote from: zolteg;1420985
Like penguins.  Especially penguins.

He may have died horribly and in terror, but at least he died free, instead of spending a long life in captivity, gawked at by people while being hand fed nutritious food and receiving regular medical treatment.

Reply #9240 Posted: September 12, 2011, 09:33:20 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
hahaha there's surely a difference between raw animal instinct and human trappings...and your scenario doesn't include the horrible death that meat production for our consumption ensures...breeding trust and compliance only to betray it at the end.

Reply #9241 Posted: September 12, 2011, 09:37:43 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted

Reply #9242 Posted: September 12, 2011, 09:39:09 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: RetardoBot;1420836
Happy Feet was such a boring movie.

BUt that picture is from Madagascar (2?).

Reply #9243 Posted: September 12, 2011, 10:14:31 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: Growler;1420807
Ima shit on your tofu!
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.................................

Reply #9244 Posted: September 12, 2011, 11:05:17 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Obble

Quote from: RetardoBot;1420957

Grim's not trolling, he just says what he believes, if anything, everyone else here is the troll, except for me, i don't troll.

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/738/1315814620655.jpg
Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Reply #9245 Posted: September 12, 2011, 11:52:48 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
That is one motherfuck'n serious cat.
I wonder if it glows orange.

You know... like a mood ring.

Reply #9246 Posted: September 13, 2011, 12:04:19 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1420992
hahaha there's surely a difference between raw animal instinct and human trappings...and your scenario doesn't include the horrible death that meat production for our consumption ensures...breeding trust and compliance only to betray it at the end.

You left out the detail that the vast majority of those animals wouldn't have had any existence at all if they hadn't been bred to be eaten. I agree with you about battery chickens, where they live a life of nothing but misery just so KFC is cheap, which is why I don't buy that, and try and only eat free range or barn raised poultry products, but most cows and sheep live several very contented and well cared for years, before a few hours of stress at the end of their lives.  The scales are far from completely tilted one way.

I think there is a great deal of merit in the concept that the best way to protect an endangered species is to farm it

I have been to NZ freezing works and abbatoirs as I was raised on a farm. I am sure traveling in a stock truck is far from fun for them, but any claims that  a captive bolt gun to the head is anything other than a very quick and painless death is BS ( I am not at all a fan of "cultural" killings like halal and the jewish equivalent that can cause suffering that just doesn't need to happen).  I've watched a cow die from them many times, and they go from alive to dead instantly. They collapse so instantly it would be funny if death wasn't involved.
Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 02:52:45 am by Dr Woomanchu

Reply #9247 Posted: September 13, 2011, 02:43:31 am

Offline Dr Woomanchu

Quote from: Pyromanik;1421004
BUt that picture is from Madagascar (2?).

Whooooooosh

Reply #9248 Posted: September 13, 2011, 02:43:57 am

Obble

MURDER

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2443/1315653905061.gif
Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Reply #9249 Posted: September 13, 2011, 10:33:32 am