Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: winter;1422416
That much is very true, I often wonder why I have/pay for sky when I browse the channels and there's nothing fucking on or it's repeat repeat repeat.

and then I remember how shit Anal-ogue TV is and the reception is rubbish EVEN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CITY not to mention I'd have to shell out for a set-top box! FFFU

I like books :)

Reply #9325 Posted: September 16, 2011, 11:32:20 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I don't.

Making books supports the illegal logging trade in which small Cambodian children are used in order to keep the labour viable in said trade.

Reply #9326 Posted: September 16, 2011, 11:59:11 am

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
ahahaha, making movies supports the Hollywood Paedophile industry....we're all fucked.

http://scoop.today.com/_news/2011/08/11/7348578-corey-feldman-says-pedophilia-is-hollywoods-biggest-problem

You don't like books because you're can't read very well, you said so yourself somewhere in some thread some time ago.

Reply #9327 Posted: September 16, 2011, 12:21:33 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
fuck I get so sick of sexual interest in post pubescent children being called pedophilia, unless that lad hadn't reached puberty at 14 which is uncommon.

Pedophilia is the sexual interest in pre pubescent children, not post pubescent youths under the age of consent.  If someone has sex with a 14 or 15 year old, that's against our cultural mores and breaking the law but it is not pedophilia by any stretch of the imagination.

Reply #9328 Posted: September 16, 2011, 12:27:36 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1422460
You don't like books because you're can't read very well, you said so yourself somewhere in some thread some time ago.

I said I can't read books because of an eye problem.

Irony.

Reply #9329 Posted: September 16, 2011, 12:35:28 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: RetardoBot;1422450
I don't.

Making books supports the illegal logging trade in which small Cambodian children are used in order to keep the labour viable in said trade.

Kindle???

I'm kinda considering getting one, flatmate has one and he loves it (esp since it now supports open source formats and .pdfs)

Reply #9330 Posted: September 16, 2011, 12:37:24 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Dr Woomanchu;1422466
fuck I get so sick of sexual interest in post pubescent children being called pedophilia, unless that lad hadn't reached puberty at 14 which is uncommon.

Pedophilia is the sexual interest in pre pubescent children, not post pubescent youths under the age of consent.  If someone has sex with a 14 or 15 year old, that's against our cultural mores and breaking the law but it is not pedophilia by any stretch of the imagination.
Agree and disagree.

post·pu·bes·cent adj.
Occurring after puberty.

You are assuming that a 14 or 15 year old has already been through puberty. Which is highly unlikely considering most don't reach pubescent maturity until 17/18, meaning post pubescent would imply they are after the legal age of 16. Yes I accept there are some cases that this does not apply, but your wording should be revised as it is incorrect.

Reply #9331 Posted: September 16, 2011, 12:37:55 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Speakman;1422472
Kindle???

I'm kinda considering getting one, flatmate has one and he loves it (esp since it now supports open source formats and .pdfs)

Dad ordered me an Asus Transformer a couple of days ago. DSE had them for $499, so I'm going to have a crack at getting some eBooks on that.

Reply #9332 Posted: September 16, 2011, 12:44:10 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Correction taken. That said, pubescent would also fall outside pedophilia. The pedophiles interest is in children with no sexual development.

Reply #9333 Posted: September 16, 2011, 12:49:55 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: Dr Woomanchu;1422466

Pedophilia is the sexual interest in pre pubescent children, not post pubescent youths under the age of consent. If someone has sex with a 14 or 15 year old, that's against our cultural mores and breaking the law but it is not pedophilia by any stretch of the imagination.
Needless to say, i disagreee - well it depends on who the "someone" is. If it's two 14-15yo's "experimenting" and they are both consenting, then that's probably ok. Even if one was up to 18 or so (i use this number purely because it's the age at which we are able to vote) then that's probably alright.

Our laws are really designed (i believe) to stop the predatory and exploitative taking advantage of those who are still young enough to be impressionable and likely to "go along with" something that they don't fully understand, or are able to thing through the consequences of.

Reply #9334 Posted: September 16, 2011, 01:17:23 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.

Reply #9335 Posted: September 16, 2011, 01:18:02 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Im still in woos closet..... please stop making me rub the lotion on the skin!!

Reply #9336 Posted: September 16, 2011, 02:06:42 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Dr Woomanchu

Quote from: TofuEater;1422498
Needless to say, i disagreee - well it depends on who the "someone" is. If it's two 14-15yo's "experimenting" and they are both consenting, then that's probably ok. Even if one was up to 18 or so (i use this number purely because it's the age at which we are able to vote) then that's probably alright.

Our laws are really designed (i believe) to stop the predatory and exploitative taking advantage of those who are still young enough to be impressionable and likely to "go along with" something that they don't fully understand, or are able to thing through the consequences of.

I am not arguing against sexual relations with sexually mature children being considered wrong. I am arguing against the constant misuse of the word pedophilia.

Being sexually attracted to prepubescent children is an illness. It is not an illness to see a 14 year old girl with well developed breasts and to be aware of her sexually. She is perfectly capable of breeding in a physical sense, and our evolutionary path would be pretty short if that didn't generate a response. However we are thinking beings able to make a moral choice that to act on that sexual recognition is wrong, so we don't act. People who do act on those urges are  quite rightly villified and punished.

I personally think the distinction is important.

Reply #9337 Posted: September 16, 2011, 02:16:09 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

God dammit.

I need to take a steamy shit but can't leave the studio.

Reply #9338 Posted: September 16, 2011, 02:22:58 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

Reply #9339 Posted: September 16, 2011, 02:27:10 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

You offer a compelling alternative good Dr.

However, no.

Reply #9340 Posted: September 16, 2011, 02:29:06 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

but it will be warm and satisfying for at least 10 seconds

Reply #9341 Posted: September 16, 2011, 02:33:21 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

10 seconds of hot shit is not a good enough reason to shit my pants.

Reply #9342 Posted: September 16, 2011, 02:35:55 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Just Douche up the loo and take no responsibilty

Reply #9343 Posted: September 16, 2011, 02:47:43 pm

Obble

One time i had to hold on for 3hours, with a sore tummy, then i got home, biggest OMG SO HAPPY FACE.JPG ever.

Reply #9344 Posted: September 16, 2011, 03:17:43 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

So jelly right now.

Only a couple of hours to go.

Reply #9345 Posted: September 16, 2011, 03:18:52 pm

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.

Reply #9346 Posted: September 16, 2011, 03:24:02 pm
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.

Reply #9347 Posted: September 16, 2011, 03:37:27 pm
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
When you sit on the lav, make sure you have a good seal on the top. Try to maintain minimal release of gas when wiping then stay sitting anf flush. Quickly close lid on standup.

Douche problem solved :victorious:

Reply #9348 Posted: September 16, 2011, 03:48:30 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

It's more that I am looking after the studio today. I can't take a whopping great big dump because the phone rings every 10 minutes and there's usually a client I have to attend to at the front desk.

The Mrs. brought me BK for lunch as well (god bless her soul) so I am going to be ripe by the time work ends.

And to make matters worse...I'm biking home.

Biking when you are prairie dogging it is fucking hellish.

Reply #9349 Posted: September 16, 2011, 04:00:56 pm