Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Codex

@Emriconman: You can use a firefox add on to check what assets websites are pulling in, I used this to get a song from a website that was importing and playing it through a swf that held the mp3 separately. Was awesome

Reply #1350 Posted: October 13, 2010, 12:06:03 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Yeah, I'm using Firebug, but can't seem to find anything.

I'm scared the link to the image is buried in some silly .php file.

EDIT: Firebug only reports activity on the .SWF being pulled in, not on any further activity that the SWF itself is conducting.
EDIT: It's also one of those shitty Zoomify SWFs.

Reply #1351 Posted: October 13, 2010, 12:10:14 pm

Codex

I wasn't using firebug

Can't remember what I was using now -_-

Reply #1352 Posted: October 13, 2010, 12:16:01 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Codex;1320424
I wasn't using firebug

Can't remember what I was using now -_-

You are a firebug, Alex.

Reply #1353 Posted: October 13, 2010, 12:17:42 pm

Codex

Hey, fuck you guy :)

Man i'm getting a lot of silly calls today -_-

Reply #1354 Posted: October 13, 2010, 12:18:20 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: Codex;1320418
@Emriconman: You can use a firefox add on to check what assets websites are pulling in, I used this to get a song from a website that was importing and playing it through a swf that held the mp3 separately. Was awesome

Oh shit yeah, true.

Flash is a slippery bugger. To be honest, linking images or any other content outside the .fla file is so much harder than including it. I have done it before and it's not at all straight forward (actionscript and xml files) I'd say the image was placed in to the movie, then deleted from the library or moved on the HD, meaning it is impossible for you to trace what that image is or was. Sorry.

But I have only just finished my coffee so I could be up for an troll attack for being incorrect.

// zoomify does use xml and actionscript afaik, but it also chopps the image into tiles and includes them I think? Shitballs

Reply #1355 Posted: October 13, 2010, 12:19:06 pm

Offline Hav0k

• Just settled in
  • Hav0k is looked down upon.

Reply #1356 Posted: October 13, 2010, 02:52:00 pm
\'There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but the view is always the same\'

Codex

Extracting assets and information pulled for compiled flash files/swf's

Reply #1357 Posted: October 13, 2010, 02:57:27 pm

Offline desertergreg

• Devoted Member
  • desertergreg has no influence.
doooooooooooogs!

whose elses wed was a shitter?

hands up, c'mon.

beers is a definite possibility.

Reply #1358 Posted: October 13, 2010, 06:30:37 pm
Quote from: Nostargate;1363344
I roofled once, it was a party.....i was young and naive.....................................

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

My day was a little lacklustre. I was all spiffy with my suit but didn't end up leaving the office all day so no one was able to behave all shocked.

Reply #1359 Posted: October 13, 2010, 06:32:14 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: RetardoBot;1320212
Everyone hates me :(

I've been telling you that for years, but you never believed me.

Reply #1360 Posted: October 13, 2010, 06:46:39 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Zarkov;1320658
Quote from: RetardoBot;1320212
Everyone hates me :(

I've been telling you that for years, but you never believed me.

I think the days are getting to long for you, old man.

Reply #1361 Posted: October 13, 2010, 06:47:31 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!

Reply #1362 Posted: October 13, 2010, 06:50:57 pm

Offline Nostargate

• Addicted
  • Nostargate barely matters.Nostargate barely matters.
Quote from: Zarkov;1320665
You're right.

Early night for me.

Just a quick patrol of your territory, spray the odd lamppost/tree/unconscious drunk, then back in time to curl up on the rug after shitting in Flash's slipper :)

Reply #1363 Posted: October 13, 2010, 06:59:15 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Nostargate;1320672
shitting in Flash's slipper :)

Isn't that usually your job?

Reply #1364 Posted: October 13, 2010, 07:18:34 pm

Offline Nostargate

• Addicted

Reply #1365 Posted: October 13, 2010, 07:28:12 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.

Reply #1366 Posted: October 13, 2010, 07:35:43 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Wow, what the fuck happened? I go away for a couple of days and come back to locked threads and bannings......

Reply #1367 Posted: October 13, 2010, 07:43:55 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Spork;1320688
I may have been promoted today. Not quite sure.

Nice.

What is unsure promotion?

Reply #1368 Posted: October 13, 2010, 07:49:52 pm

Codex

Reply #1369 Posted: October 13, 2010, 07:51:28 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Well, the state manager came up to me and said that there has been a change in the roster, and that I will be getting an increase in pay soon, and that I will also be in charge on certain days (she did not say it, however I believe one of those days to be Sundays (FML), then I thanked her and she walked away).

So yes. Pay rise, possibly becoming a manager (I have been trained to do a lot more things over the last week) and possibly working Sundays.

Blargh but Yargh.

Reply #1370 Posted: October 13, 2010, 07:53:27 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: TofuEater;1320696
Wow, what the fuck happened? I go away for a couple of days and come back to locked threads and bannings......

Yea no idea.

Reply #1371 Posted: October 13, 2010, 07:54:03 pm

Offline Nostargate

• Addicted

Sounds like duty manager, shoulda bent her over the counter to celebrate tbh.

Reply #1372 Posted: October 13, 2010, 07:55:03 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Nostargate;1320709

Sounds like duty manager, shoulda bent her over the counter to celebrate tbh.

Yea, if this company was run better, I am sure I would be duty manager. However I do not believe that to be the case for now. I would explain what I mean, however I believe that the Chinese Government are watching my every move.

:spy:

Reply #1373 Posted: October 13, 2010, 07:58:43 pm

Offline Nostargate

• Addicted

Reply #1374 Posted: October 13, 2010, 08:01:27 pm