Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Reply #2600 Posted: November 17, 2010, 07:48:16 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Reply #2601 Posted: November 17, 2010, 08:01:30 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
14 hour shift done.

LIKE A BOSS.

Time to crack open a bottle of beer and line up some shots.

Reply #2602 Posted: November 17, 2010, 08:15:38 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1332664
Quote from: Zarkov;1332596
Quote from: RetardoBot;1332462
I love plane flights. Especially 13hr plane flights.

o-0

I'd have to concur with this statement.
I love a good flight.
Lazing around, watching movies and getting fed WHILE in route to somewhere new and exciting. What could be better?

Teleporting.

Reply #2603 Posted: November 17, 2010, 08:30:50 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: Zarkov;1332687

o-0

I love a good flight.
Lazing around, watching movies and getting fed WHILE in route to somewhere new and exciting. What could be better?

Teleporting.

It's not about the destination, it's about the journey?

Quote from: Pyromanik;1332684
Oh gee, my cuz bout to be on tv bro!

OMG, a family agrees to let a film crew in at an emotional time, and they can't even get the fucking name right in the credits. GG.

Reply #2604 Posted: November 17, 2010, 08:45:00 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

o-0

I love a good flight.

Pyro just reached into my head and read my mind. This. Exactly this.

Quote from: Codex;1332668
nvm rii no levy on lump payments for redundancy

Yeah, found that out on the IRD website today. I think I got it all sorted as well. I did what you told me, came up with a figure and was confused because someone at work was telling me different. I rang up, talked to what sounded like the worlds hottest IRD chick and got the exact same figure.

Looks like I am going to have a safe amount of money to go to The States with.

Reply #2605 Posted: November 17, 2010, 08:57:39 pm

Offline Pyromanik

I'm good like that.
Too bad I can't take the lid off my beer before trying to drink it.
OMG, I put it down the wrong throat, coughed, and now it's all over the floor in a foamy spray :/
Must be time for bed.

Reply #2606 Posted: November 17, 2010, 09:59:07 pm

Offline desertergreg

• Devoted Member
  • desertergreg has no influence.

Reply #2607 Posted: November 17, 2010, 11:04:06 pm
Quote from: Nostargate;1363344
I roofled once, it was a party.....i was young and naive.....................................

Offline Goldo

• Goldo has no influence.
Quote from: RetardoBot;1332482
We have some in one of our local stores.

Want me to courier you some, Growler me old pirate?

WHICH ONE I DEMAND TO KNOW

I SHALL TEAR PALMY APART

Reply #2608 Posted: November 18, 2010, 02:21:13 am

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Pyromanik;1332697

It's not about the destination, it's about the journey?

John Mitchell?

Reply #2609 Posted: November 18, 2010, 06:55:32 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #2610 Posted: November 18, 2010, 07:27:38 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.

Reply #2611 Posted: November 18, 2010, 08:07:17 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Pretty sure we do. I have purchased it a few times from the New World on Broadway.

Reply #2612 Posted: November 18, 2010, 09:00:57 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
sexy good times as a reward!

In other news, job #1 for the world cup confirmed, huge huge job with a global audience to see it! 2 more to go!

Reply #2613 Posted: November 18, 2010, 09:42:26 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Well done G! That's fantastic.

Have you seen this guy's work? He's worked for Magnum! ...oh, and he's my cousin and living in NZ (Lytellton) now.

http://www.simonclarkphotography.com/#/home/

He could be a useful contact?

Also, have you tried Merivale Fresh Choice? They may have what you want, need, and love!

Reply #2614 Posted: November 18, 2010, 10:21:52 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Hav0k

• Just settled in
  • Hav0k is looked down upon.

Reply #2615 Posted: November 18, 2010, 10:26:13 am
\'There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but the view is always the same\'

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Nice,

The first and only time I want to get in touch with my union and the useless car salesman like shitstains ignore my requests.

Reply #2616 Posted: November 18, 2010, 10:59:46 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Seeing as there has been much love for zombies as of late, I thought I would spam this again:

[video]80MQSIaPwfY[/video]

My film debut as a zombie.

Reply #2617 Posted: November 18, 2010, 11:17:56 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Tripple post ftw.

Jesus, I thought I had it bad with being made redundant. Work is doing a second round of job-layoffs because they found the first round to be insufficient. I just got off the phone with someone who is being laid-off in the second round. New jobs are being made that she can apply for, but they wont tell her where the job is and what it is doing, just that it is roughly the same as she is doing now. If she applies for the job and gets it, they then tell her where it is and what she will be doing. If she turns it down after being told this, she no longer qualifies for redundancy.

That, and the campus I work on has been sold to another large group.

Reply #2618 Posted: November 18, 2010, 11:47:24 am

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
God that makes me angry. Employment law and contract terms are not worth the paper they are printed on.

I feel very sorry for your friend.

Reply #2619 Posted: November 18, 2010, 12:18:41 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.

Reply #2620 Posted: November 18, 2010, 01:24:05 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
^oh lol.
I bet he fantasised that who story after some lady nearly got collected by a bus.

Reply #2621 Posted: November 18, 2010, 01:28:08 pm

Offline Growler

Reply #2622 Posted: November 18, 2010, 01:31:41 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline vedds

• Devoted Member
  • vedds has no influence.
Rii - Unions have done thier dash in NZ, theyre no longer what they were originally formed for & have become nothing more than training wheels for self interested wannabe left-leaning political hopefuls.

Citizens Advice is probably a better source of info on rights/responsibilitys than an onion.

OTherwise spend a few hundie on a chat with a decent employment lawyer, who will give you a pragmatic factual overview of your situation. If you strike a union/activist on a crusade you may be fed a biased view of the actual potential outcomes or used for political capital rather than an outcome in your best interest - for further reference see the hobbit fiasco...

Reply #2623 Posted: November 18, 2010, 05:31:53 pm

Offline Goldo

• Goldo has no influence.
Quote from: Hori;1332685
14 hour shift done.

LIKE A BOSS.

Time to crack open a bottle of beer and line up some shots.

I like the way you think good sir.

Reply #2624 Posted: November 18, 2010, 06:12:51 pm