Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline desertergreg

• Devoted Member
  • desertergreg has no influence.
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1340225
Not yet greg. Still forty four minutes to go.

nup i finished it. i did.

fuck i feel good today too all things considered.

Reply #3450 Posted: December 11, 2010, 10:06:45 am
Quote from: Nostargate;1363344
I roofled once, it was a party.....i was young and naive.....................................

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Well blokes. I'm off to pack. I catch a plane outta here tomorrow at 5pm to Auckland then it's a hop skip and a jump to San Francisco. I hope you all stay safe and enjoy your break.

Snoogens.

Reply #3451 Posted: December 11, 2010, 03:04:59 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!

Reply #3452 Posted: December 11, 2010, 03:11:05 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!

Reply #3453 Posted: December 11, 2010, 03:19:58 pm

Offline solman

• Devoted Member
  • solman has no influence.

Reply #3454 Posted: December 11, 2010, 06:35:03 pm

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!

Reply #3455 Posted: December 11, 2010, 06:45:01 pm

lol @ console hate

Codex

glhf rii

I expect many epic tales involving many experimental things of fun and shit

Reply #3456 Posted: December 11, 2010, 08:02:01 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
And stories about the occasional run-in with some of those spastic kind of Americans who are beyond hope.

Have fun bro!

Reply #3457 Posted: December 11, 2010, 10:08:39 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
My bro just came back from NY, said it was absolutely hilarious.

Reply #3458 Posted: December 11, 2010, 10:09:13 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Today I tried the world famous Hungry Wok in Hornby Hub.

Was actually really good.

Reply #3459 Posted: December 11, 2010, 10:09:43 pm

Offline ChineseKiwi

• Addicted
  • ChineseKiwi has no influence.
Quote from: Pyromanik;1340394
Today I tried the world famous Hungry Wok in Hornby Hub.

Was actually really good.

The one inside or along the outside by the Drinkstation? If the one inside = fail. Honestly, non-bias, it's crap.

Reply #3460 Posted: December 11, 2010, 10:32:53 pm

Codex

All of the hungry woks are changing to self serve (As they get much more business if self serve in available) thank god

Reply #3461 Posted: December 11, 2010, 10:38:13 pm

Offline ChineseKiwi

• Addicted
Quote from: Codex;1340401
All of the hungry woks are changing to self serve (As they get much more business if self serve in available) thank god

Self serve as a business model (particuarly in a mall setting) is unsustainable and tbh unfair on both the business and customer (can elaborate). really. Honestly, they dunno crap.

Reply #3462 Posted: December 11, 2010, 10:40:15 pm

Codex

Was speaking to the owner about why he thinks this way, he said simply even though it costs more per meal and they make less per meal, there are a far higher amount of meals sold which brings the gross profit up far higher then that of a non-self serve branch

Reply #3463 Posted: December 11, 2010, 10:44:34 pm

Offline ChineseKiwi

• Addicted
Quote from: Codex;1340405
Was speaking to the owner about why he thinks this way, he said simply even though it costs more per meal and they make less per meal, there are a far higher amount of meals sold which brings the gross profit up far higher then that of a non-self serve branch

hahaha. Honestly, they are running slim margins eh. I can't elaborate for potential confidentiality reasons but really, he's an idiotic business person. Some real facepalm things they have done.

Reply #3464 Posted: December 11, 2010, 10:47:53 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
If someone is just below clinically depressed, but won't help themselves, and will not accept help from anyone else, and gets extremely angry if you suggest they do anything for themselves, how in the hell can you help them? Really frustrating, this person is a danger to themselves, and does not talk anything but jibberish, and they are a huge part of my life, however no doctors or whom ever will diagnose him with anything, but he obviously has problems far worse than anyone should.

Reply #3465 Posted: December 11, 2010, 11:10:24 pm

Codex

You can't help people that don't want to be helped, simple as that really.

Reply #3466 Posted: December 11, 2010, 11:20:22 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
I don't believe it is his fault/choice that he does not want to be helped.

Reply #3467 Posted: December 11, 2010, 11:23:14 pm

Obble

Reply #3468 Posted: December 12, 2010, 01:32:04 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
rt7ggcjhkvh;pi is what i say to you sir bobby frank

Reply #3469 Posted: December 12, 2010, 01:37:48 am

Codex

Quote from: Spork;1340411
Irrelevant really. At the end of the day as brutal as it may sound if he doesn't want to be helped then there isn't a damn thing you an do really

Reply #3470 Posted: December 12, 2010, 01:59:13 am

Offline ChineseKiwi

• Addicted
Quote from: Codex;1340427
Quote from: Spork;1340411
Irrelevant really. At the end of the day as brutal as it may sound if he doesn't want to be helped then there isn't a damn thing you an do really

called an intervention. Contact a counsellor about it and see if it's the right step to take. Why won't docs refer him?

Reply #3471 Posted: December 12, 2010, 08:43:57 am

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: Spork;1340408
If someone is just below clinically depressed, but won't help themselves, and will not accept help from anyone else, and gets extremely angry if you suggest they do anything for themselves, how in the hell can you help them? Really frustrating, this person is a danger to themselves, and does not talk anything but jibberish, and they are a huge part of my life, however no doctors or whom ever will diagnose him with anything, but he obviously has problems far worse than anyone should.

Best thing you can do is try to be their friend. Give them time and try to help solve some of the lesser problems they have.
It's pretty hard to be depressed when there is someone who is trying to help, passively and generously.
Show genuine interest and just, pal up if you can.
It's so hard because miserable people are bad company, just man up and ignore the bullshit.

About all you can do man.

Reply #3472 Posted: December 12, 2010, 09:56:35 am

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: ChineseKiwi;1340403

Self serve as a business model (particuarly in a mall setting) is unsustainable and tbh unfair on both the business and customer (can elaborate). really. Honestly, they dunno crap.

Dammit, I knew I was going to try the wrong one.
Oh well.

I still thought it was pretty good. Remeber I'm white.
Guess I can't wait to try the REAL world famous hornby hub hungry wok then!

Reply #3473 Posted: December 12, 2010, 10:32:26 am

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Quote from: ChineseKiwi;1340403

Do explain? I would think self serve cuts the margins down on number of staff needed to be employed, and speeds up orders in busy times.

Reply #3474 Posted: December 12, 2010, 10:58:34 am