Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Obble

Quote from: winter;1410676
Snow reported in parts of Auckland - probably bullshit, tryin' to get my hopes up.

Retards confusing hail with snow, goddamn jafas. :D

Reply #8575 Posted: August 15, 2011, 11:32:23 am

Offline Plasma

• Addicted
  • Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.

Reply #8576 Posted: August 15, 2011, 11:35:40 am

Offline 5loth

• Addicted
  • 5loth has no influence.

Reply #8577 Posted: August 15, 2011, 11:41:22 am
sila.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I wish that 'weather forecasters' would actually look at the bloody sky when they come up with their shitty predictions.

Saturday had today, tomorrow and Wednesday forecasted with snow. I could tell that there was not going to be a drop of snow by looking at the sky on Saturday.

Derp Service updates their forecast 5 minutes ago from snow to sleet showers.

Fucking morons.

/somad

Reply #8578 Posted: August 15, 2011, 11:47:55 am

Obble

Reply #8579 Posted: August 15, 2011, 11:48:40 am

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.

Reply #8580 Posted: August 15, 2011, 12:17:08 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.

Reply #8581 Posted: August 15, 2011, 12:24:51 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: Obble;1410680
Retards confusing hail with snow, goddamn jafas. :D

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/snow-reaches-auckland-winter-blast-bites-4351436 ? although.. it is TVNZ news.

Reply #8582 Posted: August 15, 2011, 12:36:30 pm

Obble

Quote from: winter;1410698
http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/snow-reaches-auckland-winter-blast-bites-4351436 ? although.. it is TVNZ news.

Looks like rain with some photoshop :D

What annoys me though is, all this 'once in a life time crap' next winter it will be 'once in a life time' EVERY GODDAMN YEAR.

And its sunny at my place, tin foil hat time.
Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 01:06:31 pm by Obble

Reply #8583 Posted: August 15, 2011, 12:58:09 pm

Offline 5tacK

• Addicted
  • 5tacK has no influence.
About an hour ago there was some sleet in Eden Terrace/Mount Eden, very light rain mixed with snow flakes.

Nothing to grab the camera for, but not usual for Auckland.

Reply #8584 Posted: August 15, 2011, 01:06:34 pm
[INDENT]
[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Click here to join our MAV Riding Platoon
[/INDENT]
[INDENT]

[/INDENT]

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1410669
We've kept our (3) cats in today due to the risk of snow dumps from roofs, trees etc. Nurse has heard of cats being killed by big snow collapses, so ours are basking in the luxury of a heated bedroom.

Unfortunately I think this storm has killed our elderly cat. She disappeared outside last night and we couldn't find her, which is very, very unusual, and she didn't show up for breakfast, which is unheard of, so I think she's got herself frozen :(

Reply #8585 Posted: August 15, 2011, 01:56:27 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

Reply #8586 Posted: August 15, 2011, 01:57:28 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: Dr Woomanchu;1410718
Unfortunately I think this storm has killed our elderly cat. She disappeared outside last night and we couldn't find her, which is very, very unusual, and she didn't show up for breakfast, which is unheard of, so I think she's got herself frozen :(

:( :(

Reply #8587 Posted: August 15, 2011, 01:57:36 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
:( Sorry to hear about your Cat Wooman. Maybe she just hid somewhere warm-ish and doesn't want to come out yet.

Reply #8588 Posted: August 15, 2011, 02:00:50 pm

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: 5tacK;1410704
About an hour ago there was some sleet in Eden Terrace/Mount Eden, very light rain mixed with snow flakes.

Nothing to grab the camera for, but not usual for Auckland.

we just had a nice dump at work on new north road, ive never seen snow so i bolted down 3 flights of stairs to run around like a crazy lady outside :)

Reply #8589 Posted: August 15, 2011, 02:21:20 pm

Offline camy205

• Addicted
  • camy205 barely matters.camy205 barely matters.
Our cat likes to disappear for days on end when stuff like this happens. Don't jump to conclusion yet mate, she might still be there. :s

In petone atm. Keeps changing from snow to rain every couple of minutes, so the snow isn't settling just yet. We are at sea level though. My hometown got a nice new dumping though, should be interesting to see how white my backyard is tomorrow :D waking up to see snow on my lawn is a first for me (and half the country lol).

Everyone is as exited as an 8 year old boy today

Quote from: RetardoBot;1410684
I wish that 'weather forecasters' would actually look at the bloody sky when they come up with their shitty predictions.

Saturday had today, tomorrow and Wednesday forecasted with snow. I could tell that there was not going to be a drop of snow by looking at the sky on Saturday.

Derp Service updates their forecast 5 minutes ago from snow to sleet showers.

Fucking morons.

/somad

Media is f*cking me off getting me to excited.

Two snow days in wellington in one winter is a good sign of global warming isn't it?

Reply #8590 Posted: August 15, 2011, 02:26:37 pm
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1484182
GetSome Thread - Generic Timeline:

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Someone calls someone a retard
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
 - What is this thread about?

Obble

Quote from: camy205;1410732
Two snow days in wellington in one winter is a good sign of global warming isn't it?

Yes, more volatile weather conditions is a good sign, son. :D

Reply #8591 Posted: August 15, 2011, 02:27:57 pm

Offline camy205

• Addicted
  • camy205 barely matters.camy205 barely matters.

Reply #8592 Posted: August 15, 2011, 02:30:24 pm
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1484182
GetSome Thread - Generic Timeline:

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Someone calls someone a retard
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
 - What is this thread about?

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
She is pretty old and skinny. We weren't expecting her to last much longer anyway. I don;t hold out much hope. At least apparently there's worse ways to go than freezing to death

Reply #8593 Posted: August 15, 2011, 02:55:09 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.

Reply #8594 Posted: August 15, 2011, 03:14:33 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Codex

Lol well the abs is my car work. Someone reversed out in front of me on blen road, hit brakes and managed to play slip n slide out of the way. I shall not be going out again till it all clears up rofl

I'm sorry to hear about the cat woo, I hope she turns up :<

Reply #8595 Posted: August 15, 2011, 06:57:51 pm

Offline desertergreg

• Devoted Member
  • desertergreg has no influence.
Certainly cold enough to freeze a small cup of water in ak. I suspect frosts is the best we can manage.

I too am sorry for the feline. May she be curled up by a cozy fire in the great cattery in the sky.

Reply #8596 Posted: August 15, 2011, 07:30:41 pm
Quote from: Nostargate;1363344
I roofled once, it was a party.....i was young and naive.....................................

Obble

No matter how bad it gets, you'll never be stupid enough to stab yourself with a mandarin, unless you're spork. :D

Reply #8597 Posted: August 15, 2011, 07:58:53 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1410688
I LOVE DEREK AND CLIVE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWpRcRCUKsY

It give me the 'orn it does.

Reply #8598 Posted: August 15, 2011, 08:30:23 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
here you go pyro and mr duck.

In the 27 hours from 9pm Monday to midnight Tuesday, expect a further 50  to 80cm of snow to accumulate above 300m and 20 to 35cm at lower  levels. The bulk of the snow is likely to fall Tuesday morning to  afternoon.

so be careful people, roads gonna be a mess.

Yet again, if you need wheels, holla holla

Reply #8599 Posted: August 15, 2011, 08:35:33 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!