Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Better work stories!

"Hi I have a Honda part number, can you look it up?"
This isn't uncommon, sometimes people get them off the internets and end up buying shit for other markets which don't fit on NZ bikes, many laughs when they complain.
"yeah sure, gimme a sec to dial up the parts listings....ok fire away"
"four four nine three six."
"...."
"...."
"four four nine three six? any other numbers there chief?"
"no, just four four nine three six"
"that's not a honda part number...or not all of it..."
"YES IT IS, IT SO IS, IT'S STAMPED ON THIS "
*rolls eyes*

also:

"Hi I have a 1952 James, would you have seat covers for these in stock?"

also:

"Hi I have a Honda Odyssey, do you have wing mirrors for these in stock?"
"We're a Motorcycle dealer"
"Oh, it's just that I see a lot of cars outside your store and assumed you we're cars too"
There's 4 Toyotas, a ford and my mx5.
"Yes, the staff drive to work"
it also says 'HONDA MOTORCYCLES' in big bold letters on top of the building, on the fence beside the building, and on the sign by the road....

I honestly think we could print "FUCK YOU CUNT" in big ostentatious dealership style lettering on the building and no one would notice for at least 4 years.

Reply #14925 Posted: November 15, 2012, 08:23:51 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Kinda like going to a callout and seeing smoke alarms fitted but with the covers hanging down loose, or just the mounting ring screwed into the ceiling.

"I'm pleased to see you have a smoke alarm, but where's the battery?"

"Oh, it was beeping all the time so I took it out."

"When was that?"

"Oh, I dunno, a few months ago?"

Winner.

Reply #14926 Posted: November 15, 2012, 09:19:59 pm

Codex

Yeah I test to make sure ours is going every month or so, had a house fire when I was younger and almost go stuck in it, aircon blew up in my room and the windows were barred (This was in Barbados)

Reply #14927 Posted: November 15, 2012, 10:50:29 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pitchey;1508981
Kinda like going to a callout and seeing smoke alarms fitted but with the covers hanging down loose, or just the mounting ring screwed into the ceiling.

"I'm pleased to see you have a smoke alarm, but where's the battery?"

"Oh, it was beeping all the time so I took it out."

"When was that?"

"Oh, I dunno, a few months ago?"

Winner.

What area you stationed at, Pitchey?

My boss' husband is this region's 'station manager'. He also appeared on The Block and on one of the TV adverts.

Reply #14928 Posted: November 15, 2012, 10:54:34 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
That'd be Mitchell Brown? I'm in Wellington area.

Reply #14929 Posted: November 15, 2012, 11:35:41 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pitchey;1508996
I'm in Wellington area.

Doesn't the wind and the rain just put the fires out for you?

Reply #14930 Posted: November 15, 2012, 11:38:07 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Obble

Quote from: Spork;1508947
Well I'm all the way over in little old Adelaide and don't get disconnected, so it must be. Flawless logic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Reply #14931 Posted: November 16, 2012, 12:07:35 am

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
Quote from: Pyromanik;1508998
Doesn't the wind and the rain just put the fires out for you?

Ha! Naw, the wind just fans the flames!

Reply #14932 Posted: November 16, 2012, 02:05:02 am

Obble

Reply #14933 Posted: November 16, 2012, 09:19:23 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pitchey;1508996
That'd be Mitchell Brown? I'm in Wellington area.

Yep :D Mitch. Funny bloke.

Also, have much to do with Craig Pearce? He's a designer for the Wellington HQ, went to college with him.

Reply #14934 Posted: November 16, 2012, 09:43:56 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pitchey;1509006
Ha! Naw, the wind just fans the flames!

Turn it up to level 7 so the flames can't keep up.

Reply #14935 Posted: November 16, 2012, 09:58:38 am

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
I've watched enough TV to know that fire is faster than Cully and Tana.

Reply #14936 Posted: November 16, 2012, 10:34:30 am
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
Quote from: Obble;1509024
You fan my flames, Pitchey.

Disturbing..... yet curiously arousing....

Reply #14937 Posted: November 16, 2012, 01:27:04 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: mattnz;1509029
I've watched enough TV to know that fire is faster than Cully and Tana.

wut?

Reply #14938 Posted: November 16, 2012, 03:12:13 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Reply #14939 Posted: November 16, 2012, 03:39:59 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Retardobot;1509070
Not even the All Blacks are immune to fire.

The NZ swimming team is.

Reply #14940 Posted: November 16, 2012, 06:17:35 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1509085
The NZ swimming team is.
big enough fire would boil their water?

Reply #14941 Posted: November 16, 2012, 06:54:15 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1509089
big enough fire would boil their water?

Enough water would put out the fire.

Reply #14942 Posted: November 16, 2012, 07:08:53 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Just caught my computer 50 seconds off restarting for update. Not today, mon ami...

Reply #14943 Posted: November 18, 2012, 07:05:11 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...

Reply #14944 Posted: November 19, 2012, 11:00:37 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Reply #14945 Posted: November 19, 2012, 11:09:42 am

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: Retardobot;1509240
some nigga stick his dick in ma sippy cup

Oh dear, that's not good.. Not good at all.

Reply #14946 Posted: November 19, 2012, 11:17:25 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Minimal sleep in the weekend makes Rii a something something.

Reply #14947 Posted: November 19, 2012, 11:32:08 am

Codex

Reply #14948 Posted: November 19, 2012, 12:01:57 pm

Offline Aloysius

• Just settled in
  • Aloysius has no influence.

Reply #14949 Posted: November 19, 2012, 12:08:05 pm