Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Codex

Epic dude xD

Only reason we're not going to it is since fibre is so close o-o

Reply #15750 Posted: January 10, 2013, 05:58:19 am

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

Reply #15751 Posted: January 10, 2013, 09:02:33 am
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Codex

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu after fixing the fuck up of this raid 1 the ace payroll data is all derped and need to restore an old backup -_-

Then get whined at because the backup is really old even though I told them how to do it weekly and showed them

Reply #15752 Posted: January 10, 2013, 10:21:33 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Codex;1514080
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu after fixing the fuck up of this raid 1 the ace payroll data is all derped and need to restore an old backup -_-

Then get whined at because the backup is really old even though I told them how to do it weekly and showed them

I know your Pain - Lawl

Reply #15753 Posted: January 10, 2013, 01:35:50 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Speakman.....  Your ping is a bit high tho...  Shit for gaming.

I get 5 ms ping and 30mb down from rangoon

Reply #15754 Posted: January 10, 2013, 01:51:57 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!

Reply #15755 Posted: January 10, 2013, 01:52:58 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: winter;1514091
MY PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS.

But it's shit for gaming.

Reply #15756 Posted: January 10, 2013, 01:54:03 pm

Codex

Quote from: winter;1514091
MY PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS.

Still with slingshot? That's a shame

trollolololllooooolllllooodle

Reply #15757 Posted: January 10, 2013, 02:06:59 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1514092
But it's shit for gaming.

My Penis is awesome for Gaming

My wife gets a 1337 KDR with it

Reply #15758 Posted: January 10, 2013, 02:18:29 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: Codex;1514093
Still with slingshot? That's a shame

trollolololllooooolllllooodle

Yeh, unlimited broadband I don't have to pay for and I don't even work there (work for CallPlus, the business side of shit) anymore.. oh the shame.

Quote from: The Demon Lord;1514094

Kid ..dick.. ramming?

Reply #15759 Posted: January 10, 2013, 02:20:35 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

Short round times though.

Reply #15760 Posted: January 10, 2013, 02:33:32 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!

1337 is pretty low, you should see a doctor about that. It should be in the millions.

Reply #15761 Posted: January 10, 2013, 02:36:27 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: Retardobot;1514096
Short round times though.

But the map rotation is pretty good....

Reply #15762 Posted: January 10, 2013, 03:06:19 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Xsannz;1514090
Speakman.....  Your ping is a bit high tho...  Shit for gaming.

I get 5 ms ping and 30mb down from rangoon

that was in the first 5 minutes of the connection, takes a couple of weeks to train to the line and get the best service (if you are a scrub, anyway).

My actual ping to the snap core is 12-15, and that will change further still

Reply #15763 Posted: January 10, 2013, 03:55:15 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1514100
But the map rotation is pretty good....

Better get checked, you may just be an idiot.

Reply #15764 Posted: January 10, 2013, 08:14:21 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DECISIONS!

Apparently I have to enrol by today, I have to pick one of these 5 options:

(a) SENG 201 Software Engineering 1
(b) COSC 363 Computer Graphics
(c) COSC 364 Internet Technology and Engineering
(d) COSC 368 Humans and Computers
(e) ENEL 370 Electronics 1

SENG201 feels like I'm going backwards as it's a level down, but I'd love to do SENG301 which is a year long project making an android app, but I don't have the prereq's

COSC364 will be shit and I don't want to do it cause cosc264 was a rotting cunt of a paper, even though the content is quite interesting and relevant but the lecturer and the paper structure is rubbish.

COSC363 is apparently easy for engineers cause the first 50% of the paper is just vector geometry (which we've been doing for 3 years and the cosc kiddies haven't seen much/any of) and the 2nd half shouldn't be too bad considering I'm good at code and have a background in 3d animation. however I have no intention of ever doing graphicy stuff again (if I did I'd just use maya or max)

COSC368 sounds interesting, it's about UI design, lots of stats, which I'm not bad at, but I've never used a UI library before, but it might be handy when I come to writing my various android app ideas, however I feel it's quite related to COSC363 above, like you need to do both to get the full appreciation.

ENEL370 focuses a bit on transistors (which is what your computer is) but then wanders off into a bit of power engineering.

Note: I'm computer engineering, so finding these choices somewhat frustrating, also I'm not oddball.

Reply #15765 Posted: January 10, 2013, 09:51:16 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Speakman

start a new thread like oddball bro, thats how you make real education choices

Reply #15766 Posted: January 10, 2013, 10:04:20 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Speakman;1514136
start a new thread like oddball bro, thats how you make real education choices

That guys has bastardised asking for genuine educational advice on here.....fuck knows what he'll do if he ever manages to get a girlfriend....

Reply #15767 Posted: January 10, 2013, 10:08:34 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!

Reply #15768 Posted: January 10, 2013, 10:25:55 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Nevermind, I applied for cosc363 it's a prereq for 2 papers next year, whereas 368 isn't a prereq for anything, one of the papers next year is HCI anyway.

Reply #15769 Posted: January 10, 2013, 10:27:26 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
I would of done the electronics paper. But its all too late now.

Reply #15770 Posted: January 10, 2013, 10:36:38 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Better than what I would have done.

I would have turned 360 degrees and wanked my way home.

Reply #15771 Posted: January 10, 2013, 11:00:11 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: winter;1514095
Kid ..dick.. ramming?

kunt diving repeditively?
Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 11:21:11 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #15772 Posted: January 10, 2013, 11:13:53 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: Retardobot;1514146
Better than what I would have done.

I would have turned 360 degrees and wanked my way home.

ah.....how many degrees?

Quote from: toofast;1514144
I would of done the electronics paper. But its all too late now.

yeah I did a paper on transistors already, I wouldnt mind doing on one brushless DC and stepper motors etc, the electrical guys get to :(

and it's not actually too late, I just had to have enrolment in, I can still change papers probably up to 2 weeks into the semester lol

Reply #15773 Posted: January 10, 2013, 11:15:01 pm

Offline Speakman

Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1514143
Nevermind, I applied for cosc363 it's a prereq for 2 papers next year, whereas 368 isn't a prereq for anything, one of the papers next year is HCI anyway.

Was actually gonna suggest if you didn't get a legit response to check pre-reqs for future papers, so good call

Reply #15774 Posted: January 10, 2013, 11:16:11 pm