Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: mattnz;1524475
Yeah, I've tried, but sites look dodgy, don't work etc.

I just want a Nexus 4 without paying NZ prices :<

You just want to buy something? Would a VPN work fine?

Reply #17725 Posted: May 01, 2013, 12:16:38 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
TunnelBear.com

I used it to try and buy my Nexus 4.

I say try, because I could, but I messed up and had different addresses all across my Google Wallet. You have to use the same US shipping address for shipping info, billing info and your personal address otherwise Google cancels the order thinking it's fraud.

Also, Google should be releasing a 32GB model this month sometime.

Reply #17726 Posted: May 01, 2013, 12:19:08 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Retardobot;1524477
TunnelBear.com

I used it to try and buy my Nexus 4.

I say try, because I could, but I messed up and had different addresses all across my Google Wallet. You have to use the same US shipping address for shipping info, billing info and your personal address otherwise Google cancels the order thinking it's fraud.

Also, Google should be releasing a 32GB model this month sometime.

What is with the bear?

Reply #17727 Posted: May 01, 2013, 12:21:50 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I dunno, gimmicky marketing hook like most apps.

Reply #17728 Posted: May 01, 2013, 12:25:50 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
I can set you up a temporary account on my nix VPS (in LA).

If you know how to use SOCKS tunnels, then you have a secure proxy via USA.

PM a username and a password if you want an account, and I'll give you the deets.
Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 02:00:15 pm by Xenolightning

Reply #17729 Posted: May 01, 2013, 01:54:30 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.

Reply #17730 Posted: May 01, 2013, 02:38:52 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: mattnz;1524467
Hey buds, anyone know of a good US proxy that won't thief my credit card details?

Demon's Completely legit Proxy service - with anti-theif CC security.

PM me your CC number and I will setup your account....

Reply #17731 Posted: May 01, 2013, 02:46:58 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Been doing a lot of work for a client recently.

Client wants to meet and have coffee and give me a tour of their workplace.

Client doesn't have their own design team.

Interdasting.

Reply #17732 Posted: May 01, 2013, 02:52:37 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!

Reply #17733 Posted: May 01, 2013, 02:58:20 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Reply #17734 Posted: May 01, 2013, 03:04:08 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Retardobot;1524503
Been doing a lot of work for a client recently.

Client wants to meet and have coffee and give me a tour of their workplace.

Client doesn't have their own design team.

Interdasting.

Be careful - if you become their design team and they have never had an inhouse team before - they might not have a clue how to use a design team. Have you had experiance implementing a team before and coming up with internal policies etc?

It can be a pain in the arse

Reply #17735 Posted: May 01, 2013, 03:21:32 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

:\

Thanks DL but I'm capable of assessing the situation.

I've been working with them for the past 3 months so I know how they operate. I've been project managing all their requests they've had done with my workplace.

It's just rampant speculation from me at this stage.

Reply #17736 Posted: May 01, 2013, 03:27:17 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: Retardobot;1524509
:\

Thanks DL but I'm capable of assessing the situation.

I've been working with them for the past 3 months so I know how they operate. I've been project managing all their requests they've had done with my workplace.

It's just rampant speculation from me at this stage.

No slight intended on your skills/abilities - more that there is a world of difference between handling a project for a customer as an external party and handling a project internally - especially if they don't have internal procedures/polices/processes in place

Reply #17737 Posted: May 01, 2013, 03:32:15 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Pyromanik;1524430
click on tiwa's name, click on latest posts, ??? profit.

I didn't profit from this exercise. :(

Reply #17738 Posted: May 01, 2013, 06:20:43 pm

Obble

Reply #17739 Posted: May 01, 2013, 06:33:03 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Pretty sure it happened soon under one of his revive posts.

Reply #17740 Posted: May 01, 2013, 06:58:45 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Obble

Reply #17741 Posted: May 01, 2013, 07:01:32 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Reply #17742 Posted: May 01, 2013, 07:02:30 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1524548
POST MERIDIAN.

WRONG.

Phase Margin.

Reply #17743 Posted: May 01, 2013, 07:25:08 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Pyromanik

Pfft. Everyone know the afternoon phase comes after the noon margin.

Reply #17744 Posted: May 01, 2013, 07:31:39 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!

Reply #17745 Posted: May 01, 2013, 07:48:12 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Boss wants me to house-sit her place next Friday. She lives out in the middle of nowhere and has said I can use her car for the weekend.

:>

Reply #17746 Posted: May 01, 2013, 08:12:17 pm

Obble

Reply #17747 Posted: May 01, 2013, 08:18:51 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Reply #17748 Posted: May 01, 2013, 10:03:56 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
we should start an online petition to get tiwa back

Reply #17749 Posted: May 02, 2013, 08:40:08 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K