Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
I finished Metro: Last Light.

GOTY. And the year before.

Reply #18050 Posted: June 05, 2013, 07:44:49 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
What batman game was it that everyone raved on for a while about, there are two with pretty well identical names, who does that? >.>

Assylum or City?

Reply #18051 Posted: June 05, 2013, 09:16:37 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
What batman game was it that everyone raved on for a while about, there are two with pretty well identical names, who does that? >.>

Assylum or City?

Reply #18052 Posted: June 05, 2013, 09:17:30 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spork;1526476

Assylum or City?
Asylum.

Quote from: Spork;1526477

Assylum or City?
City.

Reply #18053 Posted: June 05, 2013, 09:28:11 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

Reply #18054 Posted: June 05, 2013, 10:34:23 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Quote from: toofast;1526441
Oh stuff. Why you troll so hard.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff-nation/assignments/welcome-to-new-zealand/8752469/Immigration-The-worst-decision-I-ever-made

tl;dr
20yo with a 5yo+ child moves from aussie to nz, to be with a man she met on the internet (and had known for 15weeks), and ends up in palmy. Tries to get on the dole and fails. Blames NZ.

lolz, can't believe that got past the mods. The stereotypes, the comic timing in the reveals, combined with the relatively good grammar are pretty good indicators.

The funniest part is that not one of the commenters (that I saw) called it out, although that might have been moderation again.

Reply #18055 Posted: June 05, 2013, 11:37:39 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Codex

All of the white knights in those comments

Wowie

Reply #18056 Posted: June 06, 2013, 06:12:04 am

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Quote from: mattnz;1526485
lolz, can't believe that got past the mods. The stereotypes, the comic timing in the reveals, combined with the relatively good grammar are pretty good indicators.

The funniest part is that not one of the commenters (that I saw) called it out, although that might have been moderation again.

I believe stuff either generate this (and many other troll articles) inhouse, or let it go through. In the past 2-3 months, I have seen quite a few of these. Which just push the boundaries so hard, its hard to think they aren't trolls.

Even this, http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff-nation/assignments/how-the-big-oe-changed-me/8736307/My-big-OE-I-m-staying-overseas , is probably genuine but could easily been generated inhouse to keep their comment section going.

PS. Didn't even see it till my friend points it out, but the womans child was called heaven backwards.
*Nevaeh* is not a name that parents should give to their little girls. It is a name that a woman should be allowed to choose for herself when she begins her poledancing career.

Reply #18057 Posted: June 06, 2013, 08:11:05 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: PrinceTuiTeka;1526448
NZ'ers aren't illegible for welfare in Oz, so why is it news that an Aussie couldnt get it here?

I reckon.

We can move to Australia, spend years working there paying taxes, and still can't get welfare.
Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 09:18:25 am by Spacemonkey

Reply #18058 Posted: June 06, 2013, 09:16:19 am

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
It's almost completely because we don't have the same "stringent" (read: racist) immigration policies as Australia, and they don't want people getting NZ residency and then moving to Australia. In the decade leading up to the law change, NZers as a group in Australia actually paid far more tax than they got back in welfare.

Reply #18059 Posted: June 06, 2013, 11:12:39 am
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: mattnz;1526507
It's almost completely because we don't have the same "stringent" (read: racist) immigration policies as Australia, and they don't want people getting NZ residency and then moving to Australia. In the decade leading up to the law change, NZers as a group in Australia actually paid far more tax than they got back in welfare.

Query then - When does an immigration policy stop being stringent and start being racist?

Reply #18060 Posted: June 06, 2013, 11:59:13 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Fuck yeah.

Will be booking tickets to New York either tonight or early tomorrow.

Poon-a-licious.

Reply #18061 Posted: June 06, 2013, 12:01:11 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Retardobot;1526510
Fuck yeah.

Will be booking tickets to New York either tonight or early tomorrow.

Poon-a-licious.

New York is always a place I would like to go.

My work only sends me to places full of Mormons, like Utah.

Reply #18062 Posted: June 06, 2013, 12:05:55 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1526511

What would Mormons need with a Space Monkey?

Reply #18063 Posted: June 06, 2013, 12:25:52 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1526514

they don't believe in electricity but they're happy to hire someone who does to organise their shit.

just a guess?

I know smeg from use to/still does organise the websites, servers and databases for a few churches that don't believe in the transfer of electrons through conductive materials.

Reply #18064 Posted: June 06, 2013, 01:51:25 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1526523
they don't believe in electricity but they're happy to hire someone who does to organise their shit.

just a guess?

I know smeg from use to/still does organise the websites, servers and databases for a few churches that don't believe in the transfer of electrons through conductive materials.

I think you are thinking of the Amish.....

Reply #18065 Posted: June 06, 2013, 02:03:30 pm

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
The Hutterites  (Anabaptists , like the Amish and Mennonites) made me lol, dress up in serious old school kit but drive the biggest tractor units around

Reply #18066 Posted: June 06, 2013, 02:26:41 pm

Quote from: The Demon Lord;1526514

They know the End of the World is coming and have contracted me to build them a spaceship.

Reply #18067 Posted: June 06, 2013, 02:43:30 pm

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.

Reply #18068 Posted: June 06, 2013, 03:59:47 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1526525
I think you are thinking of the Amish.....

brethren actually

Reply #18069 Posted: June 06, 2013, 04:45:36 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1526509
Query then - When does an immigration policy stop being stringent and start being racist?

When you have "National Sorry Day".

Reply #18070 Posted: June 06, 2013, 07:09:54 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1526511

NY is ok. Utah can be fun, Salt Lake City was better than I expected, feels really safe and clean. The streets are wide enough today for two lanes each way, which only happened because them sneeky Mormons measured the amount of room required for a cart and 8 ox's to turn around, and then made the street that width.

Reply #18071 Posted: June 06, 2013, 07:32:52 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1526504
I reckon.

We can move to Australia, spend years working there paying taxes, and still can't get welfare.

As an Australian citizen myself, I do wonder why kiwis that live there permanently don't make the jump?
That said, my citizenship was attained through familial connections rather than as an immigrant - I'm not too sure how hard it is to get that category of citizenship, but I'm guessing it is as easy for kiwis as anyone else.

I doubt the many residents, on the SCV, who complain about not having access to welfare have even bothered to fill out the forms. If the security of welfare is that important to them, and they've spent years there, why not?

Quote from: Pyromanik;1526540
When you have "National Sorry Day".

Well National Sorry Day kind of arises because the immigration policy, set by the immigrants, was a bit too generous.

Reply #18072 Posted: June 06, 2013, 08:39:16 pm

Offline deanox

• Just settled in
  • deanox has no influence.

Reply #18073 Posted: June 06, 2013, 08:45:01 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: Tandoori;1526547
Well National Sorry Day kind of arises because the immigration policy, set by the immigrants, was a bit too generous.

More in reference to the general disposition of the average Australian towards non-white folk.

Reply #18074 Posted: June 06, 2013, 10:11:01 pm