Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Where are you now Pyro, you bolted form Chch?

Reply #18725 Posted: January 20, 2014, 12:37:42 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
We deported him, far too much afro.

Reply #18726 Posted: January 20, 2014, 12:49:09 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Codex

lol even i'm trying to get out desperately
Super torn between leaving and going to uni...

Reply #18727 Posted: January 20, 2014, 03:33:33 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
why so desperate?

Reply #18728 Posted: January 20, 2014, 03:38:16 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline trololololo

• Just settled in
  • trololololo barely matters.trololololo barely matters.
reading forum at work, nek minute  firewall pops up and says getsome.co.nz has been blocked. bugger. 

Reply #18729 Posted: January 20, 2014, 05:56:04 pm

Offline Plasma

• Addicted
  • Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.

Its just a fucked city now with high rent and over priced housing anywhere the ground doesn't sink. Been trying to buy my first home, fun times.

Reply #18730 Posted: January 20, 2014, 06:09:00 pm

Codex

Its just a fucked city now with high rent and over priced housing anywhere the ground doesn't sink. Been trying to buy my first home, fun times.
Yeah I bought at a good time, was really difficult though even then, plenty of whining posts of mine in this thread i'm sure lol.

Good luck though, hopefully the market eases up a bit over the next few months

Reply #18731 Posted: January 20, 2014, 06:45:52 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!

Engineering.

Do it, you'll smoke it with your IT background.

There was a guy in my class this year who was middle aged, going from IT to engineering and he was a boss.

Plus there's bitches to perv at.

I thought about writing some code, but mostly I just chill and read shit on the interwebs.
Life has become decidedly less shit. Especially now there's another place to read interesting shit on the interwebs :D

Do some code! find all the twin primes from 0 to 1000!

Reply #18732 Posted: January 20, 2014, 07:37:49 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Where are you now Pyro, you bolted form Chch?

I went to the land of the ice and snow,
There's no midday sun and cold winds blow.
Hammer of the gods did fly my jet to old lands,
To find a job, travel and spy; Viewpoints, I am coming!

We deported him, far too much afro.

Bro, afro + undercut = too much awesome; this Christchurch can't hold contain me.

Go to uni in a different city. Eg. I know Vic has some super fantastic design stuff, if you're still into that.

Do some code! find all the twin primes from 0 to 1000!

I'd rather write something that decipher's another chip's (programmable) microcode, but... on the other hand with no documentation whatsoever and said chip being propietary ASIC; fuck that. Holiday mode still engaged for now.
Besides, not like I don't have a bundle of other things to finish before starting something as taxing as that.

Reply #18733 Posted: January 20, 2014, 10:03:14 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Codex

Engineering.

Do it, you'll smoke it with your IT background.

There was a guy in my class this year who was middle aged, going from IT to engineering and he was a boss.

What type of engineering though?

Heh thanks x) doing a lot of sql stuff now o: finding it quite fun

Go to uni in a different city. Eg. I know Vic has some super fantastic design stuff, if you're still into that.
I'd love to, but I don't even want to be in NZ >__> growler had some good things to say though.

Nah not going back into design, that's been sucked out of me.

Like if I stayed in chch and went to uni i'd have to rent my place out and flat somewhere that's trash

Reply #18734 Posted: January 20, 2014, 11:02:58 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I'm preparing for a move to Christchurch.

We could totes be trashy flm8s, Codex <3

Reply #18735 Posted: January 20, 2014, 11:15:28 pm

Offline Growler

So Pyro is in some magical place like Rand McNally.... sounds great but look out for those hamburgers.

Reply #18736 Posted: January 20, 2014, 11:16:22 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
I'd love to, but I don't even want to be in NZ >__> growler had some good things to say though.

Nah not going back into design, that's been sucked out of me.

Like if I stayed in chch and went to uni i'd have to rent my place out and flat somewhere that's trash

Then pack yo shit up and do an everlasting summer deal.
For now is the winter of your discontent.

ps. WTF Re moving to CHC. IDGI

Reply #18737 Posted: January 20, 2014, 11:17:44 pm

Offline Pyromanik

So Pyro is in some magical place like Rand McNally.... sounds great but look out for those hamburgers.

Yeh, haven't had any yet. Too scared of
a) Foot and Mouth.
b) Mad bitches cows.
c) Horses.

Reply #18738 Posted: January 20, 2014, 11:19:17 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Oh, and continuing like it's a horror story, I tried some bacon and it was complete SHITE.
It actually tasted more like dried compressed herring. And it was hard and chewey (and even cold :'( ). SO NOT IMPRESSED.

Reply #18739 Posted: January 20, 2014, 11:21:23 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

BEEERRRR

Reply #18740 Posted: January 20, 2014, 11:39:46 pm

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.

BEEERRRR
STFU SPEAKMAN (ILU SPEAKMAN)

Reply #18741 Posted: January 20, 2014, 11:40:29 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Speakman

BEEERRRR

Be nice, and I'll send Ghost up with some Rogue Hop in the weekend

Reply #18742 Posted: January 20, 2014, 11:44:22 pm

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.

BEEERRRR

Be nice, and I'll send Ghost up with some Rogue Hop in the weekend
I WILL DO WHATEVER YOU WANT, DEAR GOD, PLEASE, I CAN'T GET IT ANYWHERE!

Also, Retardo is moving to Chch? Moving from a shithole to a racist shithole? GW son. Why don't you, Codex and Speakman, split the diff and all move to Wellington. Yep, good plan, good work Arni, have a wank, don't mind if I do.

Reply #18743 Posted: January 20, 2014, 11:47:36 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Codex

I'll drag you into my filthy bubble tea and starbucks ways and make you kawaii as fuck

Reply #18744 Posted: January 21, 2014, 12:41:34 am

Offline Arnifix

I'll drag you into my filthy bubble tea and starbucks ways and make you kawaii as fuck
*vom*

Reply #18745 Posted: January 21, 2014, 12:47:26 am

Offline Pyromanik

This thread just got impossibly awesome.

PS. If I wasn't here I'd be in Wellington. A place where there's actually jobs, and places to live, and a night life.

Reply #18746 Posted: January 21, 2014, 01:08:10 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
I cant remember when the forums died.. had I moved to Christchurch before then?

If not.. hey guys I live here now :-P

Reply #18747 Posted: January 21, 2014, 08:39:42 am

Codex

*vom*
Mad, Arnitrash? You love kawaii stuff

Reply #18748 Posted: January 21, 2014, 09:14:03 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
I cant remember when the forums died.. had I moved to Christchurch before then?

If not.. hey guys I live here now :-P

I thought you always lived here..... Don't you know my brother from highschool or something?

Reply #18749 Posted: January 21, 2014, 10:15:20 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K