Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
Who borked the forums......

DNS provider broke again - last straw, changed providers, taking a while to propagate.
(All four of the old providers servers are STILL down)

Reply #20000 Posted: April 13, 2014, 05:04:46 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Good to hear, G-dawg!

I have good news as well.

I just ordered a pizza and some garlic bread. Fucking stoked!

Reply #20001 Posted: April 13, 2014, 07:05:45 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Fuck yeah, I love pizza! In my new house the mid term goal is to have an outdoor pizza oven/fire pit, with a near by sarlac pit for food scraps and annoying children.

Im looking at a home audio setup.

Looking at the Paradigm Shift Millenia One CT Home Theatre, anyone have input?

Reply #20002 Posted: April 13, 2014, 07:38:27 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!

You're going to try putting your penis in it.

Reply #20003 Posted: April 13, 2014, 09:30:33 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Codex

Did you go to the school of Olympia or something?

I've never heard anyone get shit for not playing sports in my life.

Sure, if you bitch out at P.E because you cbf, then you'll probably get shit, but never have I ever seen anyone give a shit because I never gave 2fucks about sports

I'd never heard of it being a thing either until moving to NZ. Although it's not specific to chch. Friends of mine in Wellington endured the same rubbish.

Also a general question for you chch's... Is it true you all eat pies in between two slices of bread or is that not as common as I was told (by south islanders)

I've never heard or seen this in my entire time living here.

sooooo page 800.....and we're talking about the fucking old boy network

I fail to understand the point you're attempting to make here.

I'd rather talk about the 0 fucks that teachers seem to give in the public school system rather than NZ's favourite conversation topic right now; the utterly useless royals. Fuck right off with that.

Definitely this.

I had some cool teachers when I was in school like 10 years ago, that actually were interested in their students and were good teachers (public school). anyway this is a shitty topic, go talk about girls, bacon, cars or some shit, or even better eating bacon with girls in cars. So serious in here at the moment.

Lucky -___-;; I had one or two good teachers over the years here although didn't get to have them for long or they quickly moved on to bigger and better things.

Maybe it's another south island thing? Schools up in Auckland just aren't like that, although I think James Cook is sports orientated, I don't know if they make you feel like shit if you don't play any.

Then again, they have a cop there everyday, so I think not playing sports is the least of your worries.

That's good then, #aucklandmasterrace

The only thing you'll get picked on for up in Auckland is, is if you're doing cringeworthy things, i.e coming into school dressed up as this guy every mufti day, with your two friends dressed up as this and this etc etc.

You may personally find it cringeworthy but people should be able to do what they want as long as it isn't hurting anyone. While the character choice is poor, I hardly see the problem.

Pretty much moved house now, still have to clean and garden old place. Rented out too, listed Friday, 10 emails within an hour, first guy that came to look took it for a year. Winning.

Reply #20004 Posted: April 14, 2014, 08:10:35 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Rents are batshit crazy in chch.

I did contemplate renting out my house and keeping it as an investment, would have got $450-500/wk. But I just couldn't be fucked with the upkeep and the other shit that goes with it.

Developer has purchased it, and I'd say within a month it will be gone and it will have 5-8 places built on it under the new LURP bollocks and the guy will be creaming in the $$$$$. If only I have the money to bank roll that myself!

Reply #20005 Posted: April 14, 2014, 08:51:34 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
tempted to rent out my place

Reply #20006 Posted: April 14, 2014, 08:54:19 am

Codex

I did contemplate renting out my house and keeping it as an investment, would have got $450-500/wk. But I just couldn't be fucked with the upkeep and the other shit that goes with it.

Developer has purchased it, and I'd say within a month it will be gone and it will have 5-8 places built on it under the new LURP bollocks and the guy will be creaming in the $$$$$. If only I have the money to bank roll that myself!
Yeah felt like made mine too cheap now haha, 460pw on it o___o. The upkeep isn't very high really if you set it up with low maintenance. Have included a few things with mine like fridge etc.

Damn, takes a lot to invest in something like that as well as have a home of your own already x___x

Do ittttt.

Reply #20007 Posted: April 14, 2014, 08:59:29 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!

Yeah felt like made mine too cheap now haha, 460pw on it o___o. The upkeep isn't very high really if you set it up with low maintenance. Have included a few things with mine like fridge etc.

Damn, takes a lot to invest in something like that as well as have a home of your own already x___x

Do ittttt.

yeah just looking though, it makes it difficult to find somewhere smaller and cheaper to rent with a dog,   the only way i'd rent is to increase my cash-flow a little.

Reply #20008 Posted: April 14, 2014, 09:09:34 am

Offline Growler

Yeah my house could never be set up with low maint, at 120yo it always needs something doing!

So are you renting a room somewhere and renting out your whole house?

Reply #20009 Posted: April 14, 2014, 09:13:00 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Yeah my house could never be set up with low maint, at 120yo it always needs something doing!

Codex has moved home and is renting out his house..

me i am looking to rent out my house and rent something smaller and cheaper to ease up some funds that i can then bury back into my Mortgage..

Reply #20010 Posted: April 14, 2014, 09:16:36 am

Codex

Damn, hope you at least took some of the old wood boards, they'd be worth a mint ;D

I'm at my rents for a bit until July, then have a room in Ilam to move to x)

me i am looking to rent out my house and rent something smaller and cheaper to ease up some funds that i can then bury back into my Mortgage..
For a little.

Yeah good luck with that. I let the guy moving into mine move in with a cat, have a cat door already so not a biggie.

Reply #20011 Posted: April 14, 2014, 09:24:07 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted

Damn, hope you at least took some of the old wood boards, they'd be worth a mint ;D

I'm at my rents for a bit until July, then have a room in Ilam to move to x)

For a little.

Yeah good luck with that. I let the guy moving into mine move in with a cat, have a cat door already so not a biggie.

CAT  -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpxIZstD_bI

Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:52:14 am by Xsannz

Reply #20012 Posted: April 14, 2014, 09:48:13 am

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!

Reply #20013 Posted: April 14, 2014, 10:19:17 am

lol @ console hate

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Where's Codex when you need him :)

because Cats prefer Chef..... Meow..

Reply #20014 Posted: April 14, 2014, 10:21:12 am

Codex

Reply #20015 Posted: April 14, 2014, 10:31:00 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
A pale imitation.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaA_cs4WZHM

The original. The best.

you are the original cat.....

but still not as iconic as

Everytime i see it i think of TiwaKing and Lias doing a Duet version.
Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 10:35:34 am by Xsannz

Reply #20016 Posted: April 14, 2014, 10:33:26 am

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
Spent the weekend breaking network stuff. LACP, and CARP set ups at home are almost done though!

Reply #20017 Posted: April 14, 2014, 12:38:02 pm
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline Growler

Just ordered fibre!  need Jonty to waive the $50 upgrade modem fee..... and give me an extra 500gb for freeeeee!

I wonder how far my 250gb on fibre will go.

Reply #20018 Posted: April 14, 2014, 01:29:55 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Codex

Called up to move from Fibre to ADSL

Even he sounded upset for me

Reply #20019 Posted: April 14, 2014, 02:25:30 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Just ordered fibre!  need Jonty to waive the $50 upgrade modem fee..... and give me an extra 500gb for freeeeee!

Get an unlimited plan.

Reply #20020 Posted: April 14, 2014, 03:00:05 pm

Offline Growler

Don't think they do an unlimited plan @ Snap.

House sale contract signed!

Reply #20021 Posted: April 14, 2014, 03:12:25 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
First month of unlimited intergoogle - currently 237GB, and predicted use of 360GB.

I'm disappointed that we're that low. *sigh*

Reply #20022 Posted: April 14, 2014, 04:51:11 pm
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
There's really only so much you can use. With both children and myself watching youtube almost exclusively and movies only when a decent one is released we only use a couple hundred. What else are you gonna do?  Re-download your steam library just because?

Reply #20023 Posted: April 14, 2014, 04:56:40 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

PM me yo account number (I probably already have it, but just in case), and I'll chuck a little something something on top

Get an unlimited plan.

Unlimited is for scrubs. Buy a datapack with Snap, get 1am-7am freeeee. Buy $5 all you can eat youtube add-on as well, and you'll be hard pushed to use much data at all (and also not be in a bandwidth pool with all the other scrub unlimited users :p)

Reply #20024 Posted: April 14, 2014, 06:02:21 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity