Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Was a good hustle of the first outing of the Porsche

Reply #20175 Posted: April 21, 2014, 03:46:22 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Fuck me the number of porche fans or just pure Marc Webber fans was huge. The queue to get an autograph clogged up the whole pit lane (width ways, although it was also about 4 sheds long), it was insanity.

This is as close as I could get, and all I wanted was a photo of the cars :<
Even without queuing for the entire duration of the pit walk it was just a mess, just a massive crowd pushing for a photo, but then they'd not be happy and push some more. Fuck', 2 photo limit, then fuck off IMO.
But anyway, no big deal, I ended up moving on before time ran out to see other garages (did manage to snap the ill fated 14 though).

#20 did well, I was stoked when it moved into second, but then pulled into the pits the very next corner :<
I was hoping Marc could chase down that Toyota again, but the rain put a stop to that. Toyota's pit stop timing and general strategy were amazing. Those cars are pretty solid, and with Porsche not having a heavy downforce kit on it, not much chance.
Audi... not so much, heh. Guts for them.

Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 09:51:13 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #20176 Posted: April 21, 2014, 09:34:45 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
#20 did well, I was stoked when it moved into second, but then pulled into the pits the very next corner :<
I was hoping Marc could chase down that Toyota again, but the rain put a stop to that.

good hustle

Thanks for the inadvertant suggestion bro, I had a good weekend :>
Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 10:01:45 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #20177 Posted: April 21, 2014, 09:58:13 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
So much jelly!

Reply #20178 Posted: April 22, 2014, 12:34:57 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Codex

Doesn't even feel like I had time off -____- spent most of my weekend tidying my house before tenants move in, dumped 520kg of greens, house is getting there though x____x

Friend was over from Aus though, was great seeing 'em

Reply #20179 Posted: April 22, 2014, 08:04:37 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
New home!!!

Main living area :D  not long to go now!

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=odurs342.z1o.jpg
Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Reply #20180 Posted: April 22, 2014, 08:55:31 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Codex

Nice dude!

Needs some splashbacks in that kitchen :P

Reply #20181 Posted: April 22, 2014, 09:01:53 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
There is a large dark patch on your carpet.

I suspect it's where someone has tried to clean up blood from a dead body.

Or maybe it's just a shadow.

Reply #20182 Posted: April 22, 2014, 09:20:31 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
shadow, forgot to take my proper flash... there is a splashback, glass white, you just canny see it.

Reply #20183 Posted: April 22, 2014, 09:23:07 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Codex

Wheres the fighting pit

Reply #20184 Posted: April 22, 2014, 09:32:00 am

Offline Growler

behind me :D

Reply #20185 Posted: April 22, 2014, 10:38:23 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Codex

Ah yes, perfect place for children

Reply #20186 Posted: April 22, 2014, 10:46:44 am

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

Thanks for the inadvertant suggestion bro, I had a good weekend :>

No worries, wish I was there. Did stay up for the full race though, so was a long night with the F1 on before it

Reply #20187 Posted: April 22, 2014, 11:51:17 am
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Pyromanik

New home!!!

Main living area :D  not long to go now!

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=odurs342.z1o.jpg
Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Hahahhahahaha wholey fuck, pretty much right next to the Rolly-town school huh?

Reply #20188 Posted: April 22, 2014, 05:14:37 pm

Offline Growler

nah it's a wee way away, it's closer to clearview than rolleston school. Prob walk to clearview in 10 mins.

Reply #20189 Posted: April 22, 2014, 06:03:34 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Growler

I am talking to a lady about my windows problems.

9 minutes and counting.

Reply #20190 Posted: April 22, 2014, 07:17:01 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Growler

ohhhh she gave up finally when I told her that when I clicked on the start menu i saw "Donkeys riding unicorns, please help me I am afraid of unicorns!"

Reply #20191 Posted: April 22, 2014, 07:23:30 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Growler

15 minutes, new record for me!

Reply #20192 Posted: April 22, 2014, 07:24:02 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
ohhhh she gave up finally when I told her that when I clicked on the start menu i saw "Donkeys riding unicorns, please help me I am afraid of unicorns!"

Epic.

Growler, making the world a better place, one phone call at a time.

Reply #20193 Posted: April 22, 2014, 07:33:08 pm

Offline Pyromanik

nah it's a wee way away, it's closer to clearview than rolleston school. Prob walk to clearview in 10 mins.

the/a rollytown school, whatever. Same thing.

Living room is actually behind you, through the doorway on the left, unless you've dedicated that to be the 'parlour' or something.
You can't fool me, Gdizzle.
Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:18:07 am by Pyromanik

Reply #20194 Posted: April 23, 2014, 04:10:34 am

Offline Growler

that's the 'formal living' on the left, only access is via the living/dining/kitchen ;)

2 living areas, the big fucker with kitchen and a smaller one off of that, media/living/whatever. The one in the pic will be our main living area.

I'm not going to know what to do with all the space, going from 150sqm with no storage to 230sqm with fucktons of storage + attic storage.

But the most important things will be done 1st, New TV, amp and surround sound, new fridge & icemaker etc, make sure the fibre and networks all running then I guess I will sort out the beds for the kids etc!

Reply #20195 Posted: April 23, 2014, 09:04:52 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Codex

^Always nice when you get the patch panel and stuff sorted. I just use an 8 port tp link gig switch, so cheap and works so damn well

Reply #20196 Posted: April 23, 2014, 09:11:49 am

Offline Growler

It's already got a switch in it thou unsure what, getting the wife to photograph it tomorrow when out there doing curtains etc.

I am sure in this day and age they would have put in a gig in a new build...... will be head banging if it is a 100. Havent seen any cabling yet either..... better be 5e +

Reply #20197 Posted: April 23, 2014, 09:23:41 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Codex

It will be at least 5e, hopefully cat6.

I'd be surprised if there was a switch in it already, if there's fibre it's probably just the ONT which you'd patch your fritz box into port 1 for vlan10 auth then everything into the fritz like a switch or whatever

They'll cheap out where they can, so it's likely to be cat5e and a 100 meg switch at most if they're providing the switch

Reply #20198 Posted: April 23, 2014, 09:41:58 am

Offline Growler

nah there are RJ45 plugs all round the house.

The builder is sure there is a hub/switch in the garage somewhere, but I don't think he is a 'nerd' so was very huh what now about my questions.
Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 09:54:39 am by Growler

Reply #20199 Posted: April 23, 2014, 09:49:45 am
Think of me like Yoda,