Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Codex

ALL WRONG..

first lesson of sales is don't give them questions the can answer with NO....

You start with more complex questions that already have a prewired yes built into the,

instead of would you like coffee?   to which the reply could be NO..

you pitch the following..

How about drinks or coffee some time, how about tuesday at 7pm or thursday at 6pm or even better if it suits you saturday at 1pm

that way you have already got them thinking about the dates and times you have suggested rather than the actually saying no to the drink in the first place, it gets them to pick from one of your options that would suit them it narrows down the options enough that one of them should be good and circumvents an outright no, chances are even if those times don't suit them they will generally counter with a time and day because thats were you have steered the thought process to. if you still get an outright no then they are not interested and you were never going to sell them anything (or get their interest) in the first place.

it all about presenting the options in a manner that keeps them thinking, i spent 5 years as the top customer facing sales rep and trainer in the south island...,I have no problem getting dates its just finding somebody who doesn't mind fuck.

Just think of dating as sale pitches..  the better the pitch the more likely you actually get to pitch...

Best opening question to gauge how fast things may happen without being creepy.

would you prefer 1000 little steps or 1 giant leap.

whatever the answer you say that is a good answer..  you have not said what your preference is and you have just gauged a lot more than you think.
Are you suggesting that manipulating people into making them feel they have to make a decision between to provided options instead of being able to decline a request is actually okay? Lol.

They're people/dates/potential parnets, not sales customers. They don't owe you or anyone shit.

Although that reason is why I know friends of mine avoid people in sales industries since they're often manipulative/emotional manipulators. As friends, partners, or in general.
Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 03:25:52 pm by Codex

Reply #20500 Posted: May 06, 2014, 03:21:08 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Shall we shag now? Or shag later?

Can't reply with no.

Reply #20501 Posted: May 06, 2014, 03:23:18 pm

Codex

Shall we shag now? Or shag later?

Can't reply with no.

This tho

Reply #20502 Posted: May 06, 2014, 03:23:45 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
I am not saying manipulate them,  i personally hate sales,  but in this day an age its all about psychology,  and they can still say no.

Its more a case of using every opportunity,  and dating really is sales,  your selling yourself,  and confidence sells.

Reply #20503 Posted: May 06, 2014, 04:16:31 pm

Codex

Word it how you'd like, your example and explanation beg to differ

"I'm not saying manipulate them, but i'm saying manipulate them"

Reply #20504 Posted: May 06, 2014, 04:31:35 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
fine define it however you want it works, all i am saying is that you have to apply logic, i don't want a namby pamby person, i want someone who is intelligent and a decent conversationalist, thus i have found if i use my intelligence and some of the sales techniques i have learned it poses a better opportunity for me to get dates get things moving and see if there is a connection.

I am always honest, and never manipulate to gain advantage or mislead anybody, I simply use what i know and it works, i never oversell myself, in fact a lot of things like job interviews and other things in life is all about the sell, or the presentation.

i simply present the question as stated as it portrays confidence and a willingness to connect, at the end of the day they can still say no to coffee.

not everybody is a red haired flavour of the month like yourself, your youth is your key, geeks are cool in your age bracket..

at the end of the day whatever works for you works for you.

Reply #20505 Posted: May 06, 2014, 04:42:43 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
wow... I just met my wife, showed her my dick and said 'WAN SUM FUK'

god telecoms gigadick add is on..... fuck such a shit add.... im a giganaire, im gigarich..... makes me want to break shit!

ok back on topic, when dating just ask them if they fuck on 1st dates.

Yeah nah.... don't take advice from me, I am about as attractive to women as a hobo that hasn't washed for 3 years.

Reply #20506 Posted: May 06, 2014, 04:44:36 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
some might like the unwashed hobo...

yeah that add is really grating me at the moment.

Reply #20507 Posted: May 06, 2014, 04:52:57 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
betta watch da fuck out, gigaboy and his gigahomies will bash your teeth

Reply #20508 Posted: May 06, 2014, 04:56:08 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
It's easier just to understand that all women are indecisive morons and the only way to win is to not play.

//posted by cynicalsingleguy on 6/5/2014 at 4:57pm.

Reply #20509 Posted: May 06, 2014, 04:57:59 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
betta watch da fuck out, gigaboy and his gigahomies will bash your teeth

i know somebody who used to work with this twat in a butchery

Reply #20510 Posted: May 06, 2014, 05:00:13 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
lol, traffic management applies, lol

@Sannz, will try and sort something, I'm pretty flat out these last couple of weeks

Reply #20511 Posted: May 06, 2014, 05:49:56 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Codex

Lol yeah on GP someone made comment about snap needing to step up their game, to match voda doing unlimited, even though its traffic managed... hurr

Reply #20512 Posted: May 06, 2014, 06:02:37 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Lol, GP, lol

Reply #20513 Posted: May 06, 2014, 06:46:40 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Proud-a-you, Pyro.

On Sat I sat down and ate a whole roast chicken with a pair of chopsticks. Then finished it off with a banana, an apple and a couple of wholemeal bread rolls.

Going to the gym for volume training is the most expensive hobby I have ever had. I eat so much :(

First world problems.

Uhh... I don't train.

Reply #20514 Posted: May 07, 2014, 06:10:31 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
So I let one chick know I was meh about her. She's gone semi-retard and is still messaging me like I said nothing. Meanwhile another chick I like I can't get normal person time between our schedules to meet up with her! FML.

As already said... the more you don't want them, the more they want you.
Like that old high school saying:

treat'm mean; keep'm keen.

Once they nibble on the bait, they want to swallow the whole line (IF ONLY THAT WERE TRUE IN THE BEDROOM AMIRITE?) xD

Also, what Rii said, and to some extend what sanz said though also what codix said. It is sales, but fuck that shit. If the bitch can't be bothered, then someone else can deal with the emotional fallout of 'why does no one want me'. Indecisive 100%. You gotta sell, but ain't no one want the hard sell. I guess it's more 'you gotta advertise'.

Also gigalols, morons everywhere, gp; lol, telescum, vodafake, slingshit, snap best isp ever.
Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 06:23:22 am by Pyromanik

Reply #20515 Posted: May 07, 2014, 06:17:32 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
DARE YOU TO GET SNAP4LYF tattoo....

actually you should do a promo and give people unlimited data if they get it tattooed on them....

come to think of it Rocky Cola the bar in christchurch did that once upon a time....

Reply #20516 Posted: May 07, 2014, 07:04:38 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
EEERG. Norway using Oculus Rift for Driving a tank..  only thing that pisses me of is most news articles about it are stating its so much cheaper than the Lockheed martins f35 fighter plane helmet..

well yes yes it is but it is no where near as integrated or latency free or hi res as that 10k f35 fighter plane helmet.

it is a novel solution for giving a tank driver more visibility.

SECOND is all these news agency seem it call it Gamification.. this term in itself PISSES ME OFF.

I.E the story title  Norway Is Gamifying Warfare By Driving Tanks With Oculus Rift....

Gamify / Gamification is such an ugly neologism, even in the situations it was coined to cover (ie. the ones where a non-game task is dressed up in game-style features by some means), that it really should be taken out and shot. In this case, they aren't even 'gamifying'. They're just experimenting with COTS gear as a, presumably cheaper, presentation system for the stitched-together output of the exterior cameras. That doesn't make the situation somehow more game-like.

Reply #20517 Posted: May 07, 2014, 07:16:38 am

Offline Pyromanik

DARE YOU TO GET SNAP4LYF tattoo....

actually you should do a promo and give people unlimited data if they get it tattooed on them....

come to think of it Rocky Cola the bar in christchurch did that once upon a time....

And then it shut, amirite? xD

The reason I don't get ink. Ain't nothing forever this life except children.

Also yeah, fuck that G word cunt 'journalists' keep typing as it it means something.
It's like you literally don't even understand the meaning of the made up term...
just like that time you literally thought you were a journalist.
or that time your best mate literally died laughing. (yeah, you knew that was coming right? if not, go watch more Archer).
Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 07:45:20 am by Pyromanik

Reply #20518 Posted: May 07, 2014, 07:41:47 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
rocky cola was forced to close, but still had one of the most popular places, they closed because the building was condemned and it was owned by Tony brown who originally ran a couple of the Knock shops round town before he got indicted on laundering, solicitation and drugs charges...

but as a rock bar it was one of the best places in town, the subsequent incarnations sucked,  but mind you nothing ever compares to "The Church" club opposite bus exchange - pre sol square days with the private invite ply club out the back ( which became BASE when sol square opened)  it had couches and poles...   oh dear god the memories....

I was dating a girl who got me into the invite club all the time..  them poles and couches were good, shoulda put a ring on that one...

she is a hot tattoo model now...  but then young dumb and full of C..  back in those days...

But yes i do agree Ink is something personal not to be branded, and nothing lasts forever, with the exception of kids i guess.

i have several tattoos put they are all personal and have meaning to my upbringing and where i am from, no tacky tramp stamps on me...

Reply #20519 Posted: May 07, 2014, 07:50:04 am

Codex

fine define it however you want it works, all i am saying is that you have to apply logic, i don't want a namby pamby person, i want someone who is intelligent and a decent conversationalist, thus i have found if i use my intelligence and some of the sales techniques i have learned it poses a better opportunity for me to get dates get things moving and see if there is a connection.

That's not what you were saying really, but that's fine. Your taste preference is irrelevant to the points made, but if they were intelligent then that suggested 'technique' should only drive them away anyway. Yes you need to sell yourself, the suggested method however is far from desirable.

I am always honest, and never manipulate to gain advantage or mislead anybody, I simply use what i know and it works, i never oversell myself, in fact a lot of things like job interviews and other things in life is all about the sell, or the presentation.

Unfortunately this contradicts your previous suggestion. And itself in the same paragraph lol.

"I am always honest, and never manipulate to gain advantage or mislead anybody"
erm
"first lesson of sales is don't give them questions the can answer with NO"
well then.

"I simply use what i know and it works"
Oh? lol

i simply present the question as stated as it portrays confidence and a willingness to connect, at the end of the day they can still say no to coffee.

But your suggestion is to make them feel like they can't say no, that they HAVE to agree to your terms. There's a difference between 'willingness to connect' and being pushed into something. I hope for their sake that if presented with such a situation that they immediately say no and run.

The entire thing reminds me of this actually

not everybody is a red haired flavour of the month like yourself, your youth is your key, geeks are cool in your age bracket..

Lol oh please, this 1) isn't true, 2) is completely irrelevant regardless. If anyone fits the current trend of desirable people on these boards it's Rii or Speakman, based on what friends of mine have said (specifically about them lol.)

at the end of the day whatever works for you works for you.

Well no, flunitrazepam works for a lot of people too, disgustingly, that doesn't make it right.

Also, what Rii said, and to some extend what sanz said though also what codix said. It is sales, but fuck that shit. If the bitch can't be bothered, then someone else can deal with the emotional fallout of 'why does no one want me'. Indecisive 100%. You gotta sell, but ain't no one want the hard sell. I guess it's more 'you gotta advertise'.

Quite the substantial difference between what was suggested and advertising yourself, but yes, you do somewhat have to advertise yourself although not with sanz's horrendous suggested method 'don't give them the option' lol.

SECOND is all these news agency seem it call it Gamification.. this term in itself PISSES ME OFF.

I.E the story title  Norway Is Gamifying Warfare By Driving Tanks With Oculus Rift....

Gamify / Gamification is such an ugly neologism, even in the situations it was coined to cover (ie. the ones where a non-game task is dressed up in game-style features by some means), that it really should be taken out and shot. In this case, they aren't even 'gamifying'. They're just experimenting with COTS gear as a, presumably cheaper, presentation system for the stitched-together output of the exterior cameras. That doesn't make the situation somehow more game-like.

Lol this term though, have never seen it used till now, it hurts.

Also yeah, fuck that G word cunt 'journalists' keep typing as it it means something.
It's like you literally don't even understand the meaning of the made up term...
just like that time you literally thought you were a journalist.
or that time your best mate literally died laughing. (yeah, you knew that was coming right? if not, go watch more Archer).

Reminds me of every stuff article ever lol.

But yes i do agree Ink is something personal not to be branded, and nothing lasts forever, with the exception of kids i guess.

For sure, although if someone wants coca cola branded on them for life then that their decision at the end of the day lol.

Kids only last as long as they live, hopefully in most cases they outlive the parent, not always so fortunate though, sadly.

i have several tattoos put they are all personal and have meaning to my upbringing and where i am from, no tacky tramp stamps on me...

Which is awesome.
Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 08:36:07 am by Codex

Reply #20520 Posted: May 07, 2014, 08:33:41 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Codex get off your High horse before you fall off you are getting as bad as the trolls.

and maybe yes i am a little cynical, not everybody gets fucked over by a woman and comes out smiling on the other side.

I was simply stating that cocky confidence which is what all sales is about is what works, and I picked that up from Rii and Speakmans comments, tried it and it works, the fact I have a sales background just helps me to pitch myself in a way that portrays confidence.  to me the question was not about not giving them the option to say no (an yes i could have worded that better but i was busy and just hammered out the post) it was more about being seen to be so confident that they would say yes that you are trying to set up a time and date.

anyway i am not going to debate it..

and i said ROCKY Cola not coca cola ... or do you need your coke bottles back.
Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 08:57:12 am by Xsannz

Reply #20521 Posted: May 07, 2014, 08:54:19 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Anyone been looking at Wildstar?

Im looking for another game like WoW... I loved certain aspects of wow, especially the group action/raids and battle grounds.

Wildstar looks like it could be worth a look, looks more wow like than GW2 was, but still has some aspects from GW2 with the questing etc.

Reply #20522 Posted: May 07, 2014, 08:56:12 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Growler

If anyone fits the current trend of desirable people on these boards it's Rii or Speakman, based on what friends of mine have said (specifically about them lol.)

What about this old hobo!!! Come on make me feel young again ;)

Reply #20523 Posted: May 07, 2014, 08:58:46 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
If anyone fits the current trend of desirable people on these boards it's Rii or Speakman, based on what friends of mine have said (specifically about them lol.)

What about this old hobo!!! Come on make me feel young again ;)

i can do a reach around and cop a feel, but no guarantees it'll make you feel young.. and besides the little blue pill is more for than just a stiff neck if you don't swallow it fast enough :)

Reply #20524 Posted: May 07, 2014, 09:05:12 am