Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Codex

Codex get off your High horse before you fall off you are getting as bad as the trolls.
Lol, hardly a 'high horse', although if you consider being called out on absurd suggestions trolling then that's unfortunate for you.

and maybe yes i am a little cynical, not everybody gets fucked over by a woman and comes out smiling on the other side.
They sure don't, you already know I didn't either, so I hope you're not making implications hah.

I was simply stating that cocky confidence which is what all sales is about is what works, and I picked that up from Rii and Speakmans comments, tried it and it works, the fact I have a sales background just helps me to pitch myself in a way that portrays confidence.  to me the question was not about not giving them the option to say no (an yes i could have worded that better but i was busy and just hammered out the post) it was more about being seen to be so confident that they would say yes that you are trying to set up a time and date.
Confidence ≠ manipulation. Although if you understand that your wording of it is the issue then there's no further point to make, because there's a huge difference between selling yourself and making someone feel like they have no choice.

anyway i am not going to debate it..
Fair enough x)

and i said ROCKY Cola not coca cola ... or do you need your coke bottles back.
Nah I know you said rocky cola, I was referring to people getting tattoos based on popular brands, since they weren't the first to ask people to get their brands tattooed to them by far lol. I can think of a few around NZ in the recent history, all of which ended badly unsurprisingly.

Anyone been looking at Wildstar?

Im looking for another game like WoW... I loved certain aspects of wow, especially the group action/raids and battle grounds.

Wildstar looks like it could be worth a look, looks more wow like than GW2 was, but still has some aspects from GW2 with the questing etc.
Wildstar looks awesome, open beta starts tomorrow, might give it a whirl if I get time.

Really want to try the settler class stuff. Ultimately if I get enough time for any mmo in the near future i'd go back to ff14 though.

What about this old hobo!!! Come on make me feel young again ;)
Hah with the glorious beard it's likely :P

Reply #20525 Posted: May 07, 2014, 09:11:53 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
ohhh an open beta.... that I was not ware of!

Reply #20526 Posted: May 07, 2014, 09:20:03 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Tony brown

Ah yeah, he ran the doll house. I dropped some chaps off there for a buiness meeting (with the man himself) once.
uhh... club business that is. Not the other stuff he got prosecuted on.
It was funny though because they knew his rep, the chatter in the car was pretty hilarious (beyond having 3 large lads weighing down the back of a wee 80's corolla, though comments on that were fuck'n hilarious too. Especially since from memory the skinniest chap was in the front, because he was also tallest).

But yes i do agree Ink is something personal not to be branded, and nothing lasts forever, with the exception of kids i guess.

i have several tattoos put they are all personal and have meaning to my upbringing and where i am from, no tacky tramp stamps on me...

Yeh, nothing in my past is that personal to me.

I'd consider it if I was more artistic I guess, and I could dream something up that's unique and personal with meaning. But that'd likely have to be family related, if at all.

Kids only last as long as they live, hopefully in most cases they outlive the parent, not always so fortunate though, sadly.

Gawd, I knew someone was going to come up with this.
Even if they do die prematurely (deities forbid), as a parent you'd still never want to forget them. They were still a part of the family, something you created, a source of great pride, and tradgedy. It's not really like losing a toy, lol.

Then again if one turned out to be a rapist... then yeah, then it might be removal/alteration time.

Also name tattoos wind me up. No real reason why, especially if they're children... but still. Unimaginative I guess. Too direct, not much art in it... bleh.
Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 09:36:55 am by Pyromanik

Reply #20527 Posted: May 07, 2014, 09:23:55 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
I would consider getting my kids newborn handprint and footprint tattoo'ed on my chest above and around my heart... 

Reply #20528 Posted: May 07, 2014, 09:25:37 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
If anyone fits the current trend of desirable people on these boards it's Rii or Speakman, based on what friends of mine have said (specifically about them lol.)

Also, mum, dad, no more fighting! I love you both!

Lets talk about tattoos now. I want one, but for the life of me can't fucking come up with anything that I'm interested in for more than a couple of days. The curse of designing my own shit.
Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 09:44:42 am by Retardobot

Reply #20529 Posted: May 07, 2014, 09:43:04 am

Codex

ohhh an open beta.... that I was not ware of!

Thought you might not know :P

Yeh, nothing in my past is that personal to me.

I'd consider it if I was more artistic I guess, and I could dream something up that's unique and personal with meaning. But that'd likely have to be family related, if at all.

Yeah I have nothing in my past that i'm willing to show on my skin hah. All the things i'm getting are just things i'm passionate about.

Gawd, I knew someone was going to come up with this.
Even if they do die prematurely (deities forbid), as a parent you'd still never want to forget them. They were still a part of the family, something you created, a source of great pride, and tradgedy. It's not really like losing a toy, lol.

Definitely agree.

Then again if one turned out to be a rapist... then yeah, then it might be removal/alteration time.

Also agree.

Also name tattoos wind me up. No real reason why, especially if they're children... but still. Unimaginative I guess. Too direct, not much art in it... bleh.

Yeah same with me, tribal tats (aw lul bru what tribe are you from, and no i'm not referring to proper traditional tattoos.)

Kids names, comic sans yo.

I would consider getting my kids newborn handprint and footprint tattoo'ed on my chest above and around my heart...

Feel like you're more creative then that hah.

Best kids tribute tattoo i've seen was a friend of mine that was at sea all the time, he had his three kids names drawn up in seaweed and under sea themed for a leg wrap, couldn't tell it was kids names easily so it was personal to him and just looked like a well done ocean tattoo otherwise hah

Lol'd

Reply #20530 Posted: May 07, 2014, 09:43:47 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
haha, I have this issue where I'm passionate about stuff, but not to the point where I'd ink it. Passions change, just like everything else. Well... not so much change as more lose focus I guess. But yeh, can understand it if someone is really into something to the point where it almost defines them.

Then again, I can understand it if not. It's just not for me.

Also on the list of shit tats... along with anything from a catalogue, ferns and made in nz triangle kiwis. Nothing to wrong with ferns I guess... just a bit overdone (not personal/unique enough).

http://www.thehipsteralphabet.com/
Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 09:51:19 am by Pyromanik

Reply #20531 Posted: May 07, 2014, 09:48:49 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
No internet for another 10 days :(

no wildstar beta for me!

will wait to get a 7 day trial!

Reply #20532 Posted: May 07, 2014, 09:51:15 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Tattoo idea just came to me.

Vectorizing tonight.

Also, beta-alanine just kicked in. The happy tingles for the next hour will be amaze-balls.

Reply #20533 Posted: May 07, 2014, 10:12:11 am

Codex

Show me your wip later :P

Reply #20534 Posted: May 07, 2014, 10:16:02 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
He'll do more then show you his whip.

Reply #20535 Posted: May 07, 2014, 10:19:56 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Show me your wip later :P

It's not anything special. It's sentimental (which cringes me to say).

Reply #20536 Posted: May 07, 2014, 10:21:53 am

Codex

Still interested to see ;3

Reply #20537 Posted: May 07, 2014, 10:36:47 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Rii..

thinking about culling sites like you mentioned last nite.. its just a pig dog and troll fest TBH

Reply #20538 Posted: May 07, 2014, 10:44:09 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Probably the best idea.

I've got no more patience or energy. Had a 42yr old dude message me asking me for a root after he described himself as "open minded, muscly and up for anything".

Told Growler to piss off.

Reply #20539 Posted: May 07, 2014, 10:54:42 am

Offline Growler

I cried myself to sleep after your shun :(

Reply #20540 Posted: May 07, 2014, 11:07:59 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Probably the best idea.

I've got no more patience or energy. Had a 42yr old dude message me asking me for a root after he described himself as "open minded, muscly and up for anything".

you know you can auto block those.....  i like growlers propositions they make me feel wanted..  which is more than some of those shitty sites and woman have done....

Reply #20541 Posted: May 07, 2014, 11:11:03 am

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
SECOND is all these news agency seem it call it Gamification.. this term in itself PISSES ME OFF.

I.E the story title  Norway Is Gamifying Warfare By Driving Tanks With Oculus Rift....

Gamify / Gamification is such an ugly neologism, even in the situations it was coined to cover (ie. the ones where a non-game task is dressed up in game-style features by some means), that it really should be taken out and shot. In this case, they aren't even 'gamifying'. They're just experimenting with COTS gear as a, presumably cheaper, presentation system for the stitched-together output of the exterior cameras. That doesn't make the situation somehow more game-like.

I've used the term before, but more from the perspective of the way achievements are given as you go about daily life, rather than specifically to making a task a game which I think is the angle they're making here. For clarity, the likes of Nike Running apps gamify running with achievements in the same way you get them in games for just doing the things in games you normally would, not because you're taking a game styled device and putting on to a real world application.

As with any thing media related, the way they fuck up terminolgy is retarded.

In other news, has anyone got any tips on how to change my sleep cycles from 2am - 8am to a more 11pm - 6am cycle so I can sleep a bit more and get up for a walk/run in the morning?

Reply #20542 Posted: May 07, 2014, 11:15:51 am
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

Lol oh please, this 1) isn't true, 2) is completely irrelevant regardless. If anyone fits the current trend of desirable people on these boards it's Rii or Speakman, based on what friends of mine have said (specifically about them lol.)

go on...

Reply #20543 Posted: May 07, 2014, 11:18:53 am
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Codex

Probably the best idea.

Fucking lol, did not expect last sentence.

In other news, has anyone got any tips on how to change my sleep cycles from 2am - 8am to a more 11pm - 6am cycle so I can sleep a bit more and get up for a walk/run in the morning?
Go to sleep at 2am and wake up at 6am, you'll find yourself needing to sleep earlier opposed to wanting to lol. When I was having difficulty sleeping a few years back using flow on my PC helped a lot (dat over stimulation yo)

Although I kinda gave up and these days I either sleep like a rock or maybe only get an hour at most some/most nights. You get used to it ;D

go on...
That'd be telling o:

Reply #20544 Posted: May 07, 2014, 11:47:11 am

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
ITT: Codex says he has friends, really just wants Rii and me for himself

Your house or mine?

Reply #20545 Posted: May 07, 2014, 12:01:59 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I like where this is going.

I can bring the vaseline.

Reply #20546 Posted: May 07, 2014, 12:13:09 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Yours,  he dont have  house no more...

Reply #20547 Posted: May 07, 2014, 12:40:24 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
I like where this is going.

I can bring the vaseline.

And the rough bunny beads,  and iron filling and chilli flake lube.

Reply #20548 Posted: May 07, 2014, 12:41:14 pm

Offline Growler

Got my fritzel thanks Jonty.

1st site inspection tomorrow followed by install next week.

Reply #20549 Posted: May 07, 2014, 12:52:08 pm
Think of me like Yoda,