Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Having a Degustation is a worthwhile experience, you could have 10-20 courses, all of varying foods, all small servings served with accompanying wine/spirit/beverage to help bring out the flavours and textures.

If you ever get invited to a full degustation, do it!

Reply #20575 Posted: May 08, 2014, 01:16:24 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Having a Degustation is a worthwhile experience, you could have 10-20 courses, all of varying foods, all small servings served with accompanying wine/spirit/beverage to help bring out the flavours and textures.

If you ever get invited to a full degustation, do it!

Cheap(ish) degustation option will be the couple of times a year the CPIT student restaurant does em.

They did a couple in March, next ones are in October and November..

http://cmsstatic1.cpit.ac.nz/assets/pdf_file/0005/159845/Visions-Calendar-2014.pdf

Reply #20576 Posted: May 08, 2014, 02:30:08 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Boss shouted us there for breakfast once, before the feb eq. Was pretty good.

Reply #20577 Posted: May 09, 2014, 07:59:39 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Codex

Got my wildstar emails yo, bl growly :P

Reply #20578 Posted: May 09, 2014, 08:46:09 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Got mine too..... how big was the dwnload?

Had the fibre guy yesterday, told them I want the fibre routed to my nerd room and they had no issue with that, could be done early next week.

Reply #20579 Posted: May 09, 2014, 09:11:19 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Boss shouted us there for breakfast once, before the feb eq. Was pretty good.

Yeah I've only been for lunch once so far, but was thoroughly impressed.. had worse service/food at full blown commercial places, and cost is decently cheaper at Visions.

Reply #20580 Posted: May 09, 2014, 09:21:21 am

Offline Growler

Im out in Rangoon all weekend. Duck shooting in Fernside and staying at the Pluff ;)

Reply #20581 Posted: May 09, 2014, 09:46:28 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Lias

• Administrator
Im out in Rangoon all weekend. Duck shooting in Fernside and staying at the Pluff ;)

Should pop over for a beersie

Reply #20582 Posted: May 09, 2014, 10:02:12 am

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
So, setting up firewalls is a painstaking process.

#thatisall

Reply #20583 Posted: May 09, 2014, 10:04:28 am
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline Growler

Codex what happened to Dr Acula (Peter Briant)
Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 10:08:07 am by Growler

Reply #20584 Posted: May 09, 2014, 10:05:59 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Growler

Ok, motorbike crash. Both legs broken, 1 ankle smashed to bits. That's about all I know for now.

Reply #20585 Posted: May 09, 2014, 10:11:17 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Lias

• Administrator
Eeeek!

Reply #20586 Posted: May 09, 2014, 10:14:46 am

Codex

Had the fibre guy yesterday, told them I want the fibre routed to my nerd room and they had no issue with that, could be done early next week.
Sweet, ONT put into your comms cabinet?

Ok, motorbike crash. Both legs broken, 1 ankle smashed to bits. That's about all I know for now.
Yeah nasty accident x( when I spoke with Ayla she was on the way to hospital to see him but haven't heard since, just spammed her now though. Will update when she replies

Reply #20587 Posted: May 09, 2014, 10:15:06 am

Offline Growler

send him our getsome manlove!

Reply #20588 Posted: May 09, 2014, 10:16:24 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Growler

who what now? They said the would run the fibre all the way to my nerd enclave inside. Is that not what I want? Then I can route it back to comms cabinet and to rest of house (which I dont actually need) when I need too?

Reply #20589 Posted: May 09, 2014, 10:22:07 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline pix

• Addicted
  • pix has no influence.
CHCH has fallen down, there are still people here :O

Reply #20590 Posted: May 09, 2014, 10:28:00 am
I still call it ICONZ.

Codex

send him our getsome manlove!
I will if I get a reply heh

who what now? They said the would run the fibre all the way to my nerd enclave inside. Is that not what I want? Then I can route it back to comms cabinet and to rest of house (which I dont actually need) when I need too?
That's up to you hah, if it was me i'd get the fibre installed into the comms box in garage, then patch the port to the fritzbox whereever you're putting it (you're putting the fritz in your lounge or something aren't you?)

So like, Fibre -> ONT in comms -> ONT patched to fritz via the houses patch panel -> that way you can have the fritz wherever you want whether you wanted it in the comms or any room with a port.

Your house, do what you'd like ;3

CHCH has fallen down, there are still people here :O
For now

Reply #20591 Posted: May 09, 2014, 10:53:25 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
That's up to you hah, if it was me i'd get the fibre installed into the comms box in garage, then patch the port to the fritzbox whereever you're putting it (you're putting the fritz in your lounge or something aren't you?)

+1 ONT should be install in/by wiring panel

Reply #20592 Posted: May 09, 2014, 11:04:38 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Dafuq is an ONT?
Is that like a more technical version of an ENT?

Also, Dr. Acula is from CHC? I thought he was in AKL.
Sucks to hear about mbike accident, he only got his licence recently!
Any idea what happened? Did a caager take him out? :<

Reply #20593 Posted: May 09, 2014, 11:35:45 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Codex

Dafuq is an ONT?
Is that like a more technical version of an ENT?

Also, Dr. Acula is from CHC? I thought he was in AKL.
Sucks to hear about mbike accident, he only got his licence recently!
Any idea what happened? Did a caager take him out? :<
Optical Network Terminal.

Nah he's from auckland, I see them when I go up usually, didn't get time in the weekend too so I feel bad now :/

Not sure on the specifics x____x

Reply #20594 Posted: May 09, 2014, 11:43:53 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I only know of the guy from his car threads/posts.

Sounds pretty friggin' horrific.

Reply #20595 Posted: May 09, 2014, 12:15:22 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

It doesn't really matter where the ONT is, but in my mind in the interests of simplicity (and a lower chance of damaging the fibre) I'd have the ONT in the comms cabinet, and patch the fritz to it from your nerdspace

Reply #20596 Posted: May 09, 2014, 12:17:23 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Codex

I only know of the guy from his car threads/posts.

Sounds pretty friggin' horrific.
Yeah not cool D;, awesome dude :/

It doesn't really matter where the ONT is, but in my mind in the interests of simplicity (and a lower chance of damaging the fibre) I'd have the ONT in the comms cabinet, and patch the fritz to it from your nerdspace
Yeah generally it's standard to have the ONT in the comms to centralize it

Reply #20597 Posted: May 09, 2014, 01:14:42 pm

Offline Growler

ok, so if I tell the fucktards installing it.

I want the ONT installed into the comms cabinet then patched to the Living 1 connection (L1 in the com box) where I would like the Fritzel box to be.

Cos I have to leave instructions for my wife to give them you see. So clear instructions I can either print off for her to give them would be fuckingmagictastical!

So do they just run a cat6 from the fibre to the back of the fritz via my wiring or something?

Reply #20598 Posted: May 09, 2014, 01:19:15 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Growler

Reply #20599 Posted: May 09, 2014, 01:26:15 pm
Think of me like Yoda,