Topic: What did you do to your vehicle today?

Offline DeeUnit

• Devoted Member
  • DeeUnit has no influence.
Han, what car do you drive?

Reply #150 Posted: May 03, 2011, 05:04:30 pm
I got 99 problems but bein\' a bitch ain\'t one.

Codex

Today the dealer fixed my sunroof on my subbie. They completely redid the seals and reseated the rear sunroof, it's just a shame that it's the front one pissing water inside... lol. Another day at the dealers

Reply #151 Posted: May 03, 2011, 06:01:05 pm

Offline Plasma

• Addicted
  • Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.
Applied tape so that the indicators won't turn themselves on next time it rains

Reply #152 Posted: May 03, 2011, 06:13:17 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
My alarm goes off when it rains.

Quite handy, I know when I need to take my umbrella.

Reply #153 Posted: May 03, 2011, 06:25:50 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Car goes in for major heart surgery tomorrow, a subaru 2.5 runs like a lumpy V8 on 3 pots.

Reply #154 Posted: May 03, 2011, 07:36:05 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

no compression on #3.... fuckity fuck fuck fuck!

to fix or replace or say goodbye.

Reply #155 Posted: May 04, 2011, 12:00:15 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.

Reply #156 Posted: May 04, 2011, 12:21:04 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Codex

Quote from: Growler;1380490
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

no compression on #3.... fuckity fuck fuck fuck!

to fix or replace or say goodbye.

gasket and seals? If you plan to keep the car for a long time i'd say fix it

Reply #157 Posted: May 04, 2011, 05:44:40 pm

Offline Growler

im looking at $1800 before I even address the problem, that's dropping the motor out and replacing all the belts. Im looking at round $3k to fix all up (estimate from mechanic) same sort of price to drop in a crated motor.

Reply #158 Posted: May 04, 2011, 06:29:46 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
But it will run sweet then?

That's a cheap 'new' car.

Reply #159 Posted: May 04, 2011, 07:17:10 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Ninja

• Just settled in
  • Ninja has no influence.
lol, i bought a car of fez, i priced fixing it up a bit, just the panel beating is gonna be $1500, bout another 500 for some engine work, and i really should replace the front left suspension but its super-strut, so therefore f*#king expensive

not really fez's fault tho
Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 07:55:25 pm by Ninja

Reply #160 Posted: May 04, 2011, 07:54:53 pm
Ninja! We Own The Night!

Offline han16

• Addicted
  • han16 has no influence.
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3269/dscf4026d.jpg
What did you do to your vehicle today?

Finally picked up a new boot lid plus the spoiler I wanted for $90, paint is bit tired but more or less the same as the rest of my car. No worries tho, car in for a respray next month!

Reply #161 Posted: May 04, 2011, 08:57:52 pm
Reverse Jihad Tank Extraordinaire

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Man with a Wing like that you'll be able to "Soar" like an eagle. Hur Hur Hur!

Reply #162 Posted: May 04, 2011, 10:58:59 pm

Offline krasher

• Addicted
  • krasher has no influence.
I ordered one of these...
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/car-festoon-2w-t10-100-lumen-white-6-led-vehicle-light-bulb-stainless-steel-dc-12v-13428

So that when I leave my door open, my interior light takes 10x longer to flatten my fail ass battery.
Pimp aye?

Reply #163 Posted: May 04, 2011, 11:04:59 pm
=]IRBS[=

i5 2500k|GTX560ti|GA-Z68X-UD3|8Gig DDR3 1600|24" LG 19x12|650W Corsair|64GB SSD Cache WD640

Offline Greaver

• Just settled in
  • Greaver has no influence.
Couple of weeks back I decided to finally do something about the bulbs in my dash that don't work.

The ones that aren't working are the left most and right most which isn't good in any car but worse in a Skyline as its nice to be able to see the engine temp and oil pressure gauges at night.

After seeing how gangsta blue LEDs in the dash cluster look I decided to replace all the bulbs with blue T10 LED globes from Jaycar.

As you can see in the provided pic this failed somewhat as a) the single globe T10s are not bright enough, b) I need to either sand the ends of the bulbs a little or add a dab of silicone to diffuse the light better and c) the left and right most bulbs are still not working - I can see all of the speedo, rev and fuel gauges just fine as its a lot brighter than my tab camera would suggest but its still annoying.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/Rhys88/My%20Baby/Sheryl-R33-BlueDashLightsSingleGlobe.jpg

After a bunch of fucking round with a test light and peeking behind the dash I have discovered the previous owner was a retard who attempted to hijack the dash lights to power something else which has destroyed the power to these bulbs (its not a fuse I double checked them all) so I bought five 4-LED globes today and with a bit of luck and kiwi ingenuity (read a soldering iron, some bourbon and half a pack of smokes) I should be able to jack something up.

When I finally get that done I will post up pics and move onto the next part of the project, putting blue LEDs in the clock and hazard light button, followed by the daunting task of pulling apart the AC and modifying it so that shows up blue too. By the way I didn't just choose blue randomly (although it looks the best), my headunit shines bright blue so its all fitting.
Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 04:58:42 am by Greaver

Reply #164 Posted: May 05, 2011, 04:56:33 am

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Blue LEDS are so 2005.

Reply #165 Posted: May 05, 2011, 08:08:40 am
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Blue LEDs are only acceptable for 12-16 year olds.

Even then, they are not cool.

Reply #166 Posted: May 05, 2011, 08:41:00 am

Offline Greaver

• Just settled in
Luckily noone IRL is likely to tell me that so I will maintain the illusion of coolness thanks

Reply #167 Posted: May 05, 2011, 03:58:45 pm

Codex

I need to replace my ac unit and dash lights with green leds (As they are currently bulbs with green caps on them) but nfi where to get the replacement parts from ;_;

Another day to wait till I get my subaru back, apparently I have to wait for a day to let the sealent dry? Hoping they have done a proper job on my sunroof not some scody as shit

@Krasher: Are they just as bright as normal bulbs? Look pretty sweet and more white too

Reply #168 Posted: May 05, 2011, 05:41:26 pm

Offline Greaver

• Just settled in
Pretty sure subies use T10 bulbs too codex most Japanese cars do if I remember correctly - you can get single or quad globes in red blue green etc from Jaycar

I think the quads are $5 each and the Singles are like $2

Reply #169 Posted: May 05, 2011, 06:17:48 pm

Codex

^Nah not for rear backlighting afaik:
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/37/acunitfix014copy.jpg

Reply #170 Posted: May 05, 2011, 08:25:26 pm

Offline Growler

IS SPARTA!

Reply #171 Posted: May 05, 2011, 10:22:11 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Scorched_onion

• Addicted
  • Scorched_onion has no influence.
Things to do:

-Get new stuff for dash (clock surround, air vents surround) as they've been painted gloss black with shitty sanding and look like crap.
-Get a warrent + cv and probably a tire and probably but hopefully not, more stuff..
-Get a full inspection as car has problems.
-New tints,  mine are "the clearest you can get" and are peeling and old.
-Sort out paint as dickhead painted it with spraycans and sun has destroyed it and it comes off when you rub it, looks like crap too.
-Get new mesh for front grill.
-Sort out rims cause they dirty as hell and have a bit of overspray.
-Get back left tire fixed as it has a small puncture and needs to be pumped up every week.
-Get a new handle which puts seat fowards for passenger side door. Its missing.
-Get a new driver side door handle because most of the handle snapped off.
-Clean exhaust tip.
-Get an actual floor for my boot because at the moment its just lots of carpet.
-Get a new headunit and 6x9s.
-Sort out electrical problem (when cranking bass my voltmeter drops with the bassline then comes up again, also somtimes when driving with lights on and i brake, the lights dim quickly then come back and the guages drop for a quater second then come back up and car lerches a little bit as does revs sometimes. And sometimes radio turns off. all this only happens when i break or indicate sometimes. Any ideas what this could be?
-Need a new pod filter as mine is a crap as one off TM also need to move it to the left because its right behind the battery.
-Need new rear view mirror cause mine has chips around it and looks shit.
-Respray wipers black and get new wiper blades.

Just thought id dump my load. Car is a AE101 btw. First car and yes it is shit haha.

Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 11:08:57 pm by Scorched_onion

Reply #172 Posted: May 05, 2011, 11:01:29 pm

Asus P5Q P45 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 3ghz, from 2.33 | HD6850 1gbGDDR5 | NZXT Tempest | Seagate 1TB | Gigabyte Odin Pro 550w | 4GB (2x2GB) G.SKILL DDR2-1000 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | BenQ T2200HD 22" 1920x1080 | Microsoft Sidewinder x8 Gaming Mouse | Logitech G11 Gaming Keyboard | Logitech Z2300 2.1

Quote from: Pyromanik;1442484
WANK UPSIDE DOWN: GIVE YOURSELF A FACIAL

Codex

Fixed the massive rattle I hate in my boot, turns out the interior panel on the boot lift was only one by one clip lol. Clipped it all back on, much better.

Reply #173 Posted: May 22, 2011, 02:06:11 pm

Offline DeeUnit

• Devoted Member
  • DeeUnit has no influence.
Picking up my damper adjustable suspension today, yay no cert required :D.

Make it sit lower and ride harder, reduce the swaying when going around corners thank fuck. Next thing to get is the guards rolled.

Reply #174 Posted: May 22, 2011, 03:21:13 pm
I got 99 problems but bein\' a bitch ain\'t one.