Topic: What did you do to your vehicle today?

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
Yea it wasn't cheap about $140 ($50 was freight). While I was waiting I found http://www.fibrenew.co.nz/markets-we-service/automotive-leather-plastic-fiber-repair/ Who said roughly $160 for them to do it.

I shall save some for my steering wheel, I didn't think about doing that.

Cheers!

Reply #625 Posted: August 03, 2012, 02:55:47 pm

Codex

ouch, their work is nice though, only thing I want to do is restore the shine, theres a few small broken bits in the leather but might just be easier to replace the whole wheel lol

Reply #626 Posted: August 03, 2012, 04:03:02 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Finally put the glove box back in the hiace, I was going to stitch a flasher circuit on the ex-alarm LED, but then I realised I dont give a fuck and it's going on sale as soon as it has wof, rego and RUC so ner.

ute soon.

Reply #627 Posted: August 03, 2012, 08:27:37 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Codex

I'm thinking about replacing the dash in my car with the version that has the passenger airbag, why? Because it does seem worth it o-o

Reply #628 Posted: August 03, 2012, 08:40:01 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1497050
Finally put the glove box back in the hiace, I was going to stitch a flasher circuit on the ex-alarm LED, but then I realised I dont give a fuck and it's going on sale as soon as it has wof, rego and RUC so ner.

ute soon.

Single Cab Hilux. It's not too late!

Reply #629 Posted: August 03, 2012, 09:04:50 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1497061
Single Cab Hilux. It's not too late!

I know they're good, but I have to be seen driving this thing while alive, plus they're soooooo expensive!

or some wee cunt has gone and made it a race car (which it isnt)

Reply #630 Posted: August 03, 2012, 11:03:51 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
I got quoted $1000 per seat by an upholsterer to recover in new leather. So all in all, it was the least painful option, I guess I could just buy some seat covers.

Reply #631 Posted: August 04, 2012, 11:36:14 am

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
GRRR colour doesn't even match slightly. #$#!@!

Reply #632 Posted: August 05, 2012, 12:45:39 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Black Heart;1497272
GRRR colour doesn't even match slightly. #$#!@!
bugger

got my partners Diamante back from Garage:

needed

02 sensor
Lambda sensor
egr valve
6 new titanuim plugs
new aircon/ alt belt
Oil Change coolant flush

right reasons

old owner used cheap shit plugs - 2 plugs died .. egr valve got stuck open sucked oil into intake and clogged everything and blew the 02 and lambda sensor.

800 dollar later car is running good but still a little smokey due to last little residue  bits in intake system.

then...  tomorrow it goes back to mechanicn for

front drivers side new straigt arm wishbone (as the bush is shot)

and both straight and bent passenger whishbone arms and wheel bearing.

all up 1500 dollars in repairs...

car is 1 95 diamante with 130k on the clock

next thing to do is a full automatic gearbox service...

Reply #633 Posted: August 05, 2012, 12:55:28 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: Xsannz;1497275
02 sensor
Lambda sensor

same thing init?

Reply #634 Posted: August 05, 2012, 03:33:09 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1497294
same thing init?
no on the diamante there is a forward 02 infront of the cat converter and then a lambda sensor rear after the silencer

Reply #635 Posted: August 05, 2012, 03:37:01 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Mitsis.

Reply #636 Posted: August 05, 2012, 03:46:44 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: Xsannz;1497295
no on the diamante there is a forward 02 infront of the cat converter and then a lambda sensor rear after the silencer

OH COOL!

so you can find the effectiveness of your catalytic converter?

of course the most effective cat converter is one that is attached to a dingy via a chain.

Reply #637 Posted: August 05, 2012, 03:56:40 pm

Codex

Quote from: Super_Hori;1497298
Mitsis.

Most cars mid 90s up have 2 o2 sensors. On intake and after downs.

Reply #638 Posted: August 06, 2012, 07:46:57 am

Codex

My order of some bits and pieces arrived:

-Stock GTB spoiler
-Front right fender (mines slightly buckled)
-Drivers side skirt
-Heated window wiper switch to use for antenna

The fender and spoiler need to be repainted though, not in the best nic so will tidy them up for painter.

Will be replacing both fenders, heatlights after getting new set polished and getting non pathetic bulbs, maybe grill as have crack in mine o-o

Once I move to new house will be able to get strut brace finished up and front coilovers rebuilt, also getting rage full exhaust system as my downpipes are dying of rust D:

exciting times ahead, need to invest in a torque wrench to do turbo rebuilds (seals are getting due on mine, 100k~miles)

Reply #639 Posted: August 17, 2012, 12:52:19 am

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
$1100 LATER my frost plugs are replaced. engine out job... sigh.

Reply #640 Posted: August 17, 2012, 10:26:25 am

Codex

lolwut?

Frost plugs?

Reply #641 Posted: August 17, 2012, 11:12:01 am

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Do you mean welch plugs?
They call them freeze or frost plugs in the US.

Reply #642 Posted: August 17, 2012, 11:19:44 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Sold the Hiace!

Ute here I come!

ok starting to think more seriously about "xtra" cab couriers etc

Reply #643 Posted: August 17, 2012, 01:22:07 pm

Offline Ninja

• Just settled in
  • Ninja has no influence.
we call them frost plugs here too
they are, for those who dont know, holes in the block from the casting process, they allow for thermal expansion by blowing out if the engine freezes, but they corrode over time and if they fail it creates a coolant leak

mechanics course ftw :)

Reply #644 Posted: August 17, 2012, 01:26:51 pm
Ninja! We Own The Night!

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
^10/10

Reply #645 Posted: August 17, 2012, 06:39:08 pm

Codex

Replaced lower rad hose, the old one was mega fucked, squeezing it makes it fall apart lol

Replaced coolant hose on primary turbo

Replaced breather and overflow hoses too.

Various wares:

Rust kill
White primer
Degreaser recommended by xsannz, works really well, quite impressed with it (from super cheap)
oem lower rad house (didn't even end up using the clamps shown in pic, it came with 2x2rail style clamps, not sure if it's better or worse :S guess i'll find out)
Hose section for primary turbo
Hose for breather and overflow ordered, not shown in pic -_-
Paint restoration, got a stock gtb spoiler that needs some care before being installed. Will also use it on the replacement fender I got before installing xD

This stuff was all over where the lower rad hose was breaking and where the clamp had failed on primary turbo:

Took forever to clean up the lower rad hose area since it's a pita to access -_-

This has to be one of the best investments i've made for doing coolant:
http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00QvqazrwEOKpo/Coolant-Filling-Tool-Set-VT01303-.jpg
Made bleeding the system for air pockets so easy, no fucking around, seals on and away you go

Will be cleaning up engine and saving up for rebuilding front coilovers. Also replacing current exhaust system with full rage system since it's cheaper than replacing with oem lol (my down pipes are quite shot D:)

And for lols BLARGARAGGGALALLAGARGGGG:

Will get a pic of how shagged the old hose was tomorrow xD
Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 11:45:22 pm by Codex

Reply #646 Posted: September 15, 2012, 11:38:32 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
you're using tap water in your radiator?

Reply #647 Posted: September 16, 2012, 12:00:48 pm

Codex

Yup! both lower and top rad hose and tap open, it was all being drained anyway. Was filled with coolant very shortly afterwards too. The drain bung was actually the lowest point of the system so it was all draining pretty well

Chch water is clean enough that i'm comfortable using it, anywhere else and I wouldn't

Also, not a single bit of rust xD
Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 12:35:15 pm by Codex

Reply #648 Posted: September 16, 2012, 12:14:59 pm

Codex

I shat my pants tonight

Got home and steam coming from engine bay, opened hood up and the horse shit smell of burning coolant poured out

There was a puddle below drivers side spark plugs

Turns out tracing the coolant trail up revealed that the coolant feed from primary turbo, the clip I had rotated the other day revealed the leak i've been trying to find for a long time that was causing a small smell.

New hose clamp and it's perfect again:

Simply poured warm water down the same spot the coolant was leaking onto and it cleaned all of the residue off :D

Reply #649 Posted: September 19, 2012, 10:47:12 am