Topic: Japanese Earthquake! 8.9 - 24km* deep

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pitchey;1368524
I am embarrassed to see such bullshit...and that's what it is, bullshit..it pisses me off to see such comments from my country men.
Please do not think we all think that way...these are just a small group of narcissistic jerks with nothing to say.
Freakin aholes." so at least their not all complete twats!
You should have-seen/see the comments on the YouTube videos about the earthquake and tsunami. They are some of the most hateful things and they kept spewing out in the auto comment updates.

And this was on the live videos people had uploaded to YouTube. What surprised me is that the Christchurch Earthquake didnt gather anywhere near the sheer amount of racism and violence that the Japanese ones did. Thankfully the top rated comments tended to be "FOAD you haters. People are dying and I want to help"

Reply #175 Posted: March 15, 2011, 10:06:33 am
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline camy205

• Addicted
  • camy205 barely matters.camy205 barely matters.
Most of those people on youtube are 14 year old middle class white american boys who can't even located Japan on the map. People need to quit taking those people seriously imo.

Reply #176 Posted: March 15, 2011, 10:28:07 am
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1484182
GetSome Thread - Generic Timeline:

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Someone calls someone a retard
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
 - What is this thread about?

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: camy205;1368536
Most of those people on youtube are 14 year old middle class white american boys who can't even located Japan on the map. People need to quit taking those people seriously imo.

I agree, the comments can come from anywhere for any reason. Just ignore them and lol at their lameness.
Eventually I think people will figure it out.

Reply #177 Posted: March 15, 2011, 10:58:46 am

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.

Reply #178 Posted: March 15, 2011, 12:20:22 pm
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline monpepe

• Devoted Member
  • monpepe has no influence.
another explosion at the plant

Reply #179 Posted: March 15, 2011, 12:43:41 pm

Offline kookynic

• Cooking by the Book

• kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...
Quote from: SteddieEddie;1368502
Yeah fucking hilarious dick.
I have friends on the west coast, one of whom is 6 months pregnant. I'm sure they are rolling around laughing at the thought of a potential meltdown

well i didnt post it, you can hardly point me out for agreeing with it,

United States of Ignorance must fall

Reply #180 Posted: March 15, 2011, 12:53:31 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 01:00:11 pm by BerG

Reply #181 Posted: March 15, 2011, 12:57:48 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Jack Simmering: Those damn krauts deserve to be hit by an earthquake tsunami for nuking pearl harbor.

So much wtf
Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 01:10:54 pm by Bell

Reply #182 Posted: March 15, 2011, 01:00:09 pm

Offline kookynic

• Cooking by the Book

• kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...kookynic might someday be someone...

Reply #183 Posted: March 15, 2011, 01:04:59 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Tiwaking!;1368520
Below link makes me weep for the future of humanity.
http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/upload/2011/03/i_hope_these_people_arent_your/GodBlessAmerica.php

They obviously haven't heard of Commodore Perry.

Reply #184 Posted: March 15, 2011, 01:13:55 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Racism is fail in any form *glances at a few here.
Hating on America for hating on Japan isn't bright now, is it?

Reply #185 Posted: March 15, 2011, 02:01:49 pm

Offline kookynic

• Cooking by the Book

hating america is racism? they are a country very similar to ours , except they believe they are the world police

i hate the position that they think they can take, and quite frankly they deserve a reality check.

Reply #186 Posted: March 15, 2011, 02:08:42 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Damn you kooky, I almost agree with you. Personally, I like a lot of American people (mostly Canadians and Mexicans, and Venezuelans  .....mmmm Venezuelans) but a lot of the American Foreign Policy is unacceptable to me.

Some earthquake related links:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/infographics/earthquakes/

http://www.abc.net.au/news/infographics/japan-quake-2011/tectonics.htm

Reply #187 Posted: March 15, 2011, 02:16:26 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: kookynic;1368591
hating america is racism? they are a country very similar to ours , except they believe they are the world police

i hate the position that they think they can take, and quite frankly they deserve a reality check.

Labeling a whole country's population as being stupid and ignorant, is stupid and ignorant.
Every country has it's fair share of complete morons, if NZ's population was 300million we would have shitloads of media stories about retarded NZers for other countries to laugh at.
Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 02:30:15 pm by Bell

Reply #188 Posted: March 15, 2011, 02:26:46 pm

Offline Emrico1

hating america is racism?

Hating on any nationality or race is a stupid generalisation.
You speak of 'they' but the nation isn't a collective 'they' do not believe the same things or have the same opinions.
OK hate on a sector of a nation for its values but hold off on tainting an entire country of people with the same opinion because it's just as bad.
You understand where I'm coming from?

Reply #189 Posted: March 15, 2011, 02:29:21 pm

Offline nick247

• Addicted
  • nick247 has no influence.
Have to agree with bell on this one.

Those statements in that link were retarded but so were the ones supporting Paul Henry.

I wouldn't say all NZers are stupid and ignorant but i would say that people in general seem pretty thick at times. True critical thought is hard to come by these days.

Reply #190 Posted: March 15, 2011, 02:32:29 pm

Codex

lol even americans hate americans

Reply #191 Posted: March 15, 2011, 02:36:46 pm

Offline kookynic

• Cooking by the Book

put it this way, all i ever see, and the americans ive met personally , are basicly the same, only care for the threats to their well being as a nation and extremely patriotic, and couldnt give 2 fucks about anyone elses perspective

I met an american girl in my old uni hostel, and she didnt even know what Sasquatch was, and she was from Oregon! she thought i was making it up

If there are any good people with decent ideals in the US, where are they, why are they not speaking up against this BS coming off facebook and youtube?

im not hating them as race, im hating them for their ideals, much like how the western world hated nazi's
Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 02:44:59 pm by kookynic

Reply #192 Posted: March 15, 2011, 02:41:43 pm

Offline Donkey

• Addicted
  • Donkey has no influence.
Quote from: kookynic;1368602
If there are any good people with decent ideals in the US, where are they, why are they not speaking up against this BS coming off facebook and youtube?

Because not everyone is on Facebook and Youtube.

Reply #193 Posted: March 15, 2011, 02:44:03 pm

Offline kookynic

• Cooking by the Book

im not saying because i cant see it, its not there, im sure there are good people

but all i can see are bad things

Reply #194 Posted: March 15, 2011, 02:49:23 pm

Offline 5tacK

• Addicted
  • 5tacK has no influence.
Some people here apparently need to get off the internet and experience some of the real world.

Reply #195 Posted: March 15, 2011, 02:50:01 pm
[INDENT]
[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Click here to join our MAV Riding Platoon
[/INDENT]
[INDENT]

[/INDENT]

Offline kookynic

• Cooking by the Book

But didnt your hear, the internet is the real world

:P

Reply #196 Posted: March 15, 2011, 02:53:10 pm

Offline Emrico1

I can understand the american hate and I don't blame you for perpetuating it kooky, a lot of what their country has exported to the world is bad but come on people, don't be sucked in by the hate machine.
America is responsible for some of the greatest people of all time, and the worst and everything in between. It's mostly that their culture gets exported all around the globe because of the fantastic level of creativity (of some) that we feel OK to hate on 'them'. Think about it though, there really is no 'them' just a scattering of individuals living in the same place.

Go to america, spend a little time with 'them' and you might see what I am talking about. In fact, travel for a few years and then perhaps form an informed opinion.

Reply #197 Posted: March 15, 2011, 02:54:02 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!

Your position is valid, and i'm sure some people here will agree with you.

But imo a thread about an Earthquake disaster in Japan is the wrong place to rant about how much you hate America.

Reply #198 Posted: March 15, 2011, 02:56:12 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
Quote from: kookynic;1368608
im not saying because i cant see it, its not there, im sure there are good people

but all i can see are bad things

That's how media works, noone is going to show you a video of an american saying supportive things about Japan because the entire world is doing that so they aren't going to stand out.

People saying and doing stupid things get attention normal people do not.
I suggest you do your own research to see how the average American really feels.

If you just read some opinions that are spreading around the internet because they are shocking and then attribute those opinions to a nation of 300million people then perhaps you are the ignorant one.
Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 03:03:39 pm by Bell

Reply #199 Posted: March 15, 2011, 02:58:24 pm