Topic: Mars Rover to launch this weekend.

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
So that's the real reason why they sent the rover to Mars. They're going to draw a penis on the surface with the rovers track's.

Reply #125 Posted: September 07, 2012, 12:02:50 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Scunner;1501688
So that's the real reason why they sent the rover to Mars. They're going to draw a penis on the surface with the rovers track's.

Does your penis look like that?

Reply #126 Posted: September 07, 2012, 01:57:27 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1501694

what, you mean yellowie green with lines and a pimple?

Reply #127 Posted: September 07, 2012, 03:27:31 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
What do you do when you land a two billion dollar rover on Mars?

You take pictures of it's wheels!

Reply #128 Posted: September 11, 2012, 08:19:37 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Oh fuck, it has holes in its tyres.

Mission failed.

Reply #129 Posted: September 11, 2012, 08:58:44 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1501694

I didn't say they were drawing it well.

Reply #130 Posted: September 11, 2012, 11:18:42 am

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.

I wonder what it cost to dump plastic on mars?

Reply #131 Posted: October 13, 2012, 12:42:09 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Proof that life on Mars ended due to overuse of condoms.

Reply #132 Posted: October 13, 2012, 01:49:34 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
I think the real reason for calling the rover "discovery" has been revealed.

Reply #133 Posted: October 13, 2012, 09:56:26 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!

Reply #134 Posted: November 04, 2012, 11:38:42 am

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Awesome.

Reply #135 Posted: November 04, 2012, 11:50:38 am
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
cool, way cool

Reply #136 Posted: November 04, 2012, 01:25:18 pm

Offline Mithster18

• Just settled in
  • Mithster18 has no influence.
Even on Mars Myspace pics exist. But with no duckface thank god.

Reply #137 Posted: November 04, 2012, 01:32:07 pm
Battlefield 2 & CS:S Names: Mithster18
Note to Me: Insert Something Horrendously Funny Here Later On...

Offline timmo

• Just settled in
  • timmo has no influence.
Pretty cool pic alright- I wonder if the dents in the wheels already are cause for concern?

Also, screw being a mars alien...looks like a crap place to live haha.

Reply #138 Posted: November 04, 2012, 03:42:12 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Dents in the wheels?

You mean the tread?

They really should make the next rover with even more of a recognisable 'face'. I reckon in draws more interest from the general public if it seems like a real living creature. Makes us care about him completing his mission.

Reply #139 Posted: November 04, 2012, 05:52:33 pm

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
  • BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...
I might be about to look really stupid, but how did it take a photo of itself?

Reply #140 Posted: November 04, 2012, 06:55:08 pm

Offline timmo

• Just settled in
  • timmo has no influence.
Quote from: Black Heart;1505553

I wonder what it cost to dump plastic on mars?

Less than a heat shield? (Opportunity's heat shield which it went and checked out after landing)

Reply #141 Posted: November 04, 2012, 07:21:59 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: BeNZene;1507637

It's actually an elaborate hoax/troll, we've been waiting for the moon lander doubters and chemtrail nut jobs to cotton on, but sometimes you have to be REALLY obvious about it.

Reply #142 Posted: November 04, 2012, 09:58:30 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1507656
It's actually an elaborate hoax/troll, we've been waiting for the moon lander doubters and chemtrail nut jobs to cotton on, but sometimes you have to be REALLY obvious about it.

ffs...

http://www.getsome.co.nz/showthread.php?67133-Conspiracy-Theories-You-decide.&p=1507659&viewfull=1#post1507659

Reply #143 Posted: November 04, 2012, 10:25:40 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BeNZene;1507637

The same way we humans do. Put the camera on a rock, switch it to 10 second self timer, then quickly run back before it takes the photo.

It's a mosaic of 55 photos taken from its robotic arm (Mars Hand Lens Imager - MAHLI). It looks like the way they stiched the photos together, they were able to not show the robotic arm itself. However I think the shadow being cast on the front left wheel is from the robotic arm.
http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/mission/instruments/
Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 06:04:04 am by Spacemonkey

Reply #144 Posted: November 05, 2012, 05:58:52 am

Offline Mithster18

• Just settled in
  • Mithster18 has no influence.
Quote from: BerG;1507636
Dents in the wheels?
They really should make the next rover with even more of a recognisable 'face'. I reckon in draws more interest from the general public if it seems like a real living creature. Makes us care about him completing his mission.

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=a0fvgdvp.gi1.jpg
Mars Rover to launch this weekend.
Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 01:31:17 pm by Mithster18

Reply #145 Posted: November 06, 2012, 10:09:04 am
Battlefield 2 & CS:S Names: Mithster18
Note to Me: Insert Something Horrendously Funny Here Later On...

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Yes, I realise there is a somewhat recognizable face, which is why I said 'even more of a recognizable face'. Like this:

NASA spends too much time thinking about functionality and not enough thinking about looks.

I think NASA needs to employ a visual design team. They can draw and build an awesome looking robot, then the engineers have to figure out how to fit all the stuff inside it and send it to Mars.

Then perhaps the next rover could look like this:

Reply #146 Posted: November 06, 2012, 02:32:30 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: BerG;1507842
NASA spends too much time thinking about functionality and not enough thinking about looks.

I think NASA needs to employ a visual design team. They can draw and build an awesome looking robot, then the engineers have to figure out how to fit all the stuff inside it and send it to Mars.

with only 2.5 billion to spend I think this would be a massive waste of money.

when all they needed was Bobak Ferdowsi (nasa mohawk guy)

Reply #147 Posted: November 06, 2012, 02:47:34 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Said it before and I'll say it again...

Reply #148 Posted: November 06, 2012, 06:36:07 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 07:58:02 pm by BerG

Reply #149 Posted: November 21, 2012, 06:59:50 pm