Topic: Old games that used to float your boat?

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Wooooo!

Reply #25 Posted: January 14, 2012, 06:09:57 pm

Offline Zenith

• Just settled in
  • Zenith has no influence.
Cool looking at the Vid Tiwa posted of the old Commodore 64 games, I had forgotten a lot of them, Elite was the one that stood out in my mind and Last Ninja for the SID music.  Commando was also one I played a bit.  Quake 1 on Dialup was where I started my online gaming.  250ms pings.

Reply #26 Posted: January 14, 2012, 09:04:44 pm
 (Until I find a current one...)

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Brøderbund - One of the greatest video game developers.

I am so utterly tempted to do a video showing my asian level Lancia driving skills.

Reply #27 Posted: January 14, 2012, 09:11:04 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
My old favourites: Doom, Hexen, Civilization II, Ultima IV(sega version), Ultima VII(part 1 and 2), Diablo, Diablo II, Galactix, Cosmo, Z: Steel Soldiers, Whacky Wheels, C&C Renegade(first FPS I played online), Galactix, Duke II and Speedball on the Amiga. I have probably missed some but that's all the favorite games I can remember. I still load up doom every now and then and kill some daemons.

Reply #28 Posted: January 14, 2012, 11:42:07 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Alex Kidd on the Master System. The first series of games I ever got into. Kidd was a boss.

Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 02:05:10 am by Scunner

Reply #29 Posted: January 15, 2012, 02:01:25 am

Offline 5tacK

• Addicted
  • 5tacK has no influence.
I felt differently about games the older I got. Most of that was due to playing them socially/using other people's pc's/consoles.

Never really liked all of the games i played that much, at the time yes, but usually within time/sharing parameters.

Main games that I have fond memories of/thrashed:

PC - Doom, Alone In The Dark, Syndicate.
Console - Driver, GT2, Dune2000, Syphon Filter 1/2/3, SSX.

I was from a poor, single parent family, and was a late bloomer tech-wise, never had a computer or console at home. I bought my first console when I was 19, and my first pc when I was 23.

Thank fuck for friends.
Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 02:40:49 am by 5tacK

Reply #30 Posted: January 15, 2012, 02:37:34 am
[INDENT]
[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Click here to join our MAV Riding Platoon
[/INDENT]
[INDENT]

[/INDENT]

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Oh man, Syphon Filter was fucking awesome!

Did you used to go around on that level, tazering the CBDC Agents in the head?

HOLY FUCK THAT WAS HILARIOUS.

Reply #31 Posted: January 15, 2012, 05:09:28 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BerG;1462173
Oh man, Syphon Filter was fucking awesome!
Has it really been TWELVE years since I played this??
And 19 years since playing Syndicate? My persuadertron skills need updating.

It all seems like yesterday.

Reply #32 Posted: January 15, 2012, 09:17:12 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Oh yeah.

Reply #33 Posted: January 15, 2012, 09:37:55 am

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Put few 20c coins into defender and stargate

Reply #34 Posted: January 15, 2012, 12:22:13 pm

Offline Demandred

• Game Server Admin
  • Demandred has no influence.
spent younger years playing
Digger
Dig-Dug
Bushido

and would never pass up a spacey machine that had bubble bobble on it

Reply #35 Posted: January 15, 2012, 12:58:54 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
first games on pc I played were

Red Alert , Starcraft, MDK (

), Shadow warrior (made by duke 3d people, Same game but you're a ninja pretty much),
Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 08:53:06 pm by `Kyane Reeves

Reply #36 Posted: January 15, 2012, 08:49:23 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Cowwie

• Just settled in
  • Cowwie has no influence.
Quote from: SteddieEddie;1462194
Put few 20c coins into defender and stargate

Never could clock that game, a hour+ or so on one 20cent piece was about the best i could manage, loved the way it could suck you in and make you totally obviously to your surroundings. Never could get into stargate, midways strike force was pretty good as well imo.

Reply #37 Posted: January 15, 2012, 09:34:50 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: BerG;1462180
Oh yeah.

Quote from: Demandred;1462197
and would never pass up a spacey machine that had bubble bobble on it
Give me a Street Fighter 2, Street Fighter 2 CE, or Mortal Kombat machine and I will stay there all day.

The earliest online Multiplayer game that I played:
Legend of the Red Dragon

My schoolmate had set up a bbs server at his house over twenty years ago. He lived in the an orchard in the middle of nowhere and had multiple phone lines.

Not only was this the first online experience I ever had, it introduced me to the sheer number of people in town who not only had accounts (there were, like, 200) but used computers.

When I found out one of my teachers had an account, I grief killed the living shit out of their character.

Reply #38 Posted: January 15, 2012, 10:46:58 pm

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
Oh man I completely forgot about syphon filter, still got that around somewhere. tazer people till they caught on fire lol!

Reply #39 Posted: January 15, 2012, 10:55:03 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline Bane

• Addicted
  • Bane has no influence.
i completely forgot

Back when Activision made decent games!

Reply #40 Posted: January 15, 2012, 11:24:21 pm

Offline ILoveMescaline

• I Posted!
  • ILoveMescaline has no influence.
Ah the memories....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6826[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]6827[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]6828[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]6831[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]6829[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]6832[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]6833[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]6834[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]6830[/ATTACH]

Reply #41 Posted: January 16, 2012, 03:56:50 pm

Minecraft: JLB222

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
OMFG RESCUE ROVER.

NOSTALGIA TUMOR.

Reply #42 Posted: January 16, 2012, 04:07:56 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
my 1st console, see that switch kids..... TV TYPE Colour or B-W.  Fuck so so many hours playing bw games!

and the game I remember the most on it.

FUCK YEAH!!

Reply #43 Posted: January 16, 2012, 04:24:11 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
Paperboy
Syndicate
Alex Kidd
Chuck Yeager's Air Combat

Reply #44 Posted: January 16, 2012, 04:32:04 pm

Offline 5tacK

• Addicted
  • 5tacK has no influence.
I thrashed some Rampage on one of those Atari consoles.

Forgotten about that until you posted that pic.

Reply #45 Posted: January 16, 2012, 04:35:47 pm
[INDENT]
[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Click here to join our MAV Riding Platoon
[/INDENT]
[INDENT]

[/INDENT]

Offline smegmacheese

• Devoted Member
  • smegmacheese has no influence.
I'm playing x-com apocalypse at the moment, Bane.  Saw it recently advertised on steam and grabbed the bundle.  I loved these games when they were first out.  I see Firaxis is going to make a new version of it.

However f*** them to hell, they are not using action points.  Turn based yes, but no action points.  The justification being we don't want players piddling around with their action points all the time.  For m that piddling was part of the fun, calculating where you needed to be in order to not die.  Just more dumbing down of games in general I guess.  The complexity of this game still captures my imagination. I am an angry gamer when intellectualy challenged game devs make executive decisios based on what they think rather than polling the community which is opposed to this Speaking of which 2 alien motherships just screwed over my bases while I was nearly finished researching small disrupter shield....I am fuxored time to restart X

Reply #46 Posted: January 16, 2012, 07:12:15 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: smegmacheese;1462425
I'm playing x-com apocalypse at the moment, Bane.  Saw it recently advertised on steam and grabbed the bundle.  I loved these games when they were first out.  I see Firaxis is going to make a new version of it.

However f*** them to hell, they are not using action points.  Turn based yes, but no action points.  The justification being we don't want players piddling around with their action points all the time.  For m that piddling was part of the fun, calculating where you needed to be in order to not die.  Just more dumbing down of games in general I guess.  The complexity of this game still captures my imagination. I am an angry gamer when intellectualy challenged game devs make executive decisios based on what they think rather than polling the community which is opposed to this Speaking of which 2 alien motherships just screwed over my bases while I was nearly finished researching small disrupter shield....I am fuxored time to restart X

It has been my opinion for awhile that the Games Industry have lost their way.

I blame it on the Ascension to GodHood of Peter Molyneux, Sid Meier, Warren Spector, Trevor Chan, Chris Beatrice, Ron Gilbert, Stieg Hedlund, Casey Hudson, Ken Lobb, Tim Schafer, and Jeff Minter.

Now we are only left with the morons. Well, and Notch and Rolf I suppose. And those two dudes who made Mount&Blade.

Oh and Will Wright too, but he never ascended, he sold out years ago.

Reply #47 Posted: January 16, 2012, 07:23:20 pm

Offline sadisticveneer

• Just settled in
  • sadisticveneer has no influence.
I used to love Total Annihilation , was the bee's knees back in the day :D Same for Carmageddon.

Reply #48 Posted: January 17, 2012, 11:44:52 pm

Offline Hopeless

• Just settled in
  • Hopeless has no influence.
Steel Sky, Return to Zork, Wing Commander, ET's Rugby League, Kens Labrinth, Ironman, Golden Axe, Leisuresuit Larry, Sim City, Recoil(prob my all time favourite game wish they had made a new version of this) all took many hours of my childhood from me

Reply #49 Posted: January 18, 2012, 08:33:09 am