Topic: DayZ General Chat

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: Obble;1488812
Its ok, i have like every med in the game waiting for you.

and chemlights.

Ha,
I can pay you back for saving my life at the airport, fox and I raided a town and got all manner of stuffs.

*protip - if you prone in those little towers at the NE airport, you will auto jump out and break your leg.
lol

Reply #125 Posted: June 05, 2012, 05:51:42 pm

Obble

Lets meet up later :o

When i log in ill be where i logged out last night, then we can spend an hour+ finding each other.

Reply #126 Posted: June 05, 2012, 06:22:04 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
Steam me when ya'll are on, keen for some Wolfpack action, if ya know what I mean ;D

Reply #127 Posted: June 05, 2012, 06:38:17 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline GrumpyHitler

• Just settled in
  • GrumpyHitler has no influence.
Quote from: .osiRiS;1488686
Grab the file in kaynes post about 4 up and paste over files. 1.7 won't go up until rocket gets back and pushes it out completely.

Well don't I feel like a fool.

Thanks man.

Reply #128 Posted: June 05, 2012, 07:01:39 pm

Facepunch user: Hunta

"12:27 a.m. - (FAP) Problems {SRS}: blob hawk eye has like 5 tb of kiddy pawn, all of kayne"

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: Obble;1488823
Lets meet up later :o

When i log in ill be where i logged out last night, then we can spend an hour+ finding each other.

Dude, I'm totes in Vybor getting a few things at the shops.

Reply #129 Posted: June 05, 2012, 08:07:07 pm

Offline Cdr

• Just settled in
  • Cdr has no influence.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b29/iptcdr/Dayz/33930_screenshots_2012-06-05_00005.jpg
DayZ General Chat

Finally got one up and running - yay

Reply #130 Posted: June 05, 2012, 10:38:11 pm

Offline Emrico1

epic

Reply #131 Posted: June 06, 2012, 01:26:02 am

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
Noice! I finally spotted my first ever vehicle tonight with Emrico whilst stalking our way up to Kabanino from Staroye. It was a a heli in the fields just north of Stary, But of course it had to overrun with about 30 Zeds, and no idea in hell where parts would be, we just walked on by where we made it to Kabanino and looked around a few barns. Server crash end our night short though unfortunately.

Need to go on another hunt some time, but actually search for a vehicle, looking for parts as we go. Keen to see how awesome and less time consuming(though I do love a good running simulator) they make the game.

Reply #132 Posted: June 06, 2012, 02:08:02 am
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline Cdr

• Just settled in
  • Cdr has no influence.
Was it a grey Marines Huey? Cos those ones can't be fixed - they're meant to contain 'uber' loot, AS50, L85s, NVGs etc, but they've been broken now for a few patches (I've yet to ever find anything either in or around them). I've heard that they're fixed in servers running the latest OA Beta Patch and 1.7, but I've yet to confirm that.

The choppers that can be repaired look exactly like the one I posted up there - with no external damage, except for the broken windscreen.

The best way to find vehicles is to search the places that most likely contain tents - they also usually have cars etc located close by, particularly if its a large camp. Biggest score our group found was about 8 or so tents containing various type of military grade stuff, and 3 cars. Naturally, we emptied the tents into the back of the cars, then ran over the tents with the vehicles before driving off. Sadly (karma if you will), when we logged back in the next day the tents and cars had disappeared from where we saved them :(

The cars / choppers are set spawn points tho, and will always spawn in the same place on each server. They are limited, and one would have to be destroyed before it gets respawned. In a bit of searching, I found 3 fixable choppers in exactly the same spot on 3 different servers.

Reply #133 Posted: June 06, 2012, 02:35:44 am

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
Ah I see, yea it was a Marines Huey, and that's what Emrico must've been on about with the 'uber loot'. Yea, also heard something about them being broken and 1.7 fixing them. Definitely be keeping an eye on those ones as well from now one.

I've only just started venturing inland more(been to the NW airfield once or twice, but apart from that usually keep to the shore line) So I'm sure I'll be seeing a lot more vehicles to fix and loot.

Reply #134 Posted: June 06, 2012, 02:43:23 am
Dr. λculał

Offline weap0nX

• Just settled in
  • weap0nX has no influence.
Quote from: Cdr;1488873
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b29/iptcdr/Dayz/33930_screenshots_2012-06-05_00005.jpg
DayZ General Chat

Finally got one up and running - yay

wow nice work man. i assume this isn't on an NZ or AUS server?

Reply #135 Posted: June 06, 2012, 09:10:27 am
dayZ IGN - B-rad

Offline Emrico1

This is an artists impression of dayz

Reply #136 Posted: June 06, 2012, 12:30:10 pm

Offline Cdr

• Just settled in
  • Cdr has no influence.
Quote from: weap0nX;1488928
wow nice work man. i assume this isn't on an NZ or AUS server?

Na, was on a US one - I say 'was' because the server ate it last night :(

All gone! Think we logged about 10 mins flight time in her.

Reply #137 Posted: June 06, 2012, 04:14:54 pm

Obble

Quote from: Emrico1;1488967
This is an artists impression of dayz

If i could post a .gif of a guy shtting himself without getting banned, it'd be a pretty good representation of you last night in the deer hut.

Reply #138 Posted: June 06, 2012, 05:26:54 pm

Offline BushySB

• Devoted Member
  • BushySB has no influence.
Another view of the helicopter kamakazi

Who new arma 2 buildings are destructible :) Apparently smoke grenades blow out walls

Reply #139 Posted: June 06, 2012, 10:18:39 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
So I aimed at a zombie

...and shot Obble who was off screen.

I'm either a real fail zombie slayer or really good bandit ;)

Reply #140 Posted: June 06, 2012, 11:50:06 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline EuphoricBliss

• Devoted Member
  • EuphoricBliss has no influence.
I've been tk'd like that before :/

I shot you or your friend at the airfield barracks today and you accused rage of banditry when you guys were clearly hostile

Reply #141 Posted: June 07, 2012, 01:05:38 am
Quote from:
I\'mma smash you IRL, buddy. You better finnish up that line cause you\'re gonna need to be in another state of mind to deal with the pain once I\'m done with you.

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Wouldn't a mash up of DayZ and Stalker just make the ultimate game?

Also, Rockets been at E3 meeting fans and conducting interviews. Someone posted this up on Reddit:

"Hey, I was at E3 today and met Rocket, the developer of this mod. I talked to him for about five minutes about the mod, so I'm just gonna go through how the conversation went.
I first addressed him by saying that I love his mod, and that he should never stop punishing the carebears who want it to be made into a 'fun' game. He laughed, clearly loving that sentiment. I first asked him if he was going to get a team to help him out. He responded that Bohemia Interactive is very supportive of games that don't really have any marketability or exposure, and is willing to take risks in this way on games that may or may not clearly make money right away. I agreed, considering that Arma is basically a simulation engine and not necessarily a game. Because of this attitude, he said, he has been instructed directly to stop his work as a multiplayer designer so that he can focus exclusively on Day Z, and that he believes that Day Z is the first step towards Bohemia gearing up to make it into a full standalone game out of recognition for the opportunity to make something very different and the clear interest people have in it. He went on to say that it being a standalone title is important if only for the sake of consistency and ease of play, as mods are not the most stable or easy-to-use games, and that the only determining factor for the mod's future is the stability of the unpredictable fanbase.
I told him that the fans are playing it in droves, and with great fervor, even in spite of its clearly-alpha state; in fact, on that note, the forums are blowing up with "WHERES ROCKET" and bug reports while he's here at E3. He laughed and said he's been trying to not visit the forums while he's gone cuz he knows he's gonna get pissed. I then went ahead and asked him if he thought the mod would end up on Arma 3. He said he'd already sort of ported it to try it out (!!!), and that it works great. The main reason he "released" Day Z so early as an alpha was to allow for it to be stress-tested, as it is primarily a network-based game. At this juncture, I asked if he saw it ending up with more players-per-server in the future. He said DEFINITELY, that it's been tested internally and he thinks it could handle between 100-200 players easily (!!!!!). The thought of the anti-bandit rage this would induce gave me a semi. Anyway, he said that the engine was developed for such incredible strains, and that such numbers are in fact a natural fit.
I asked him if he thought he'd be doing away with 'meta' elements, such as server-wide chat and in-game player lists. He said not only is he doing this for sure, but that he's only waiting on the next beta patch of Arma 2 and then it is definitely happening. This excited me greatly. At this point, opportunely enough, I noticed his shirt. He said he'd had a bunch made, but that they didn't ship in time for the show so he had a small batch printed up when he got here so he could wear one. Said he took the idea from 4chan. I asked him if he'd let 'them' know about it yet, and by 'them' that I meant the entire internet. He said no, so I said "well shall we?""

TL;DR DayZ ports well to Arma3, planning to have 100-200 player servers, potential for a standalone DayZ.
Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 11:35:10 am by EnjoyTheSauce

Reply #142 Posted: June 07, 2012, 11:32:33 am
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline oefox

• Devoted Member
  • oefox has no influence.
Whatever you did to the GetSome servers yesterday Osi, (or maybe just NZ7) seemed to really improve it, played around 4 hours on it yesterday and it didn't crash/reset/restart for the entire time...nice work (even if you didn't do anything).

Also, with the mention of Stalker, if they used the inventory and quick keys from stalker (bandage) but with the "can't access pack easily" simulation it would be sweet. Pack as it is is infuriating but I do like the idea that you can only quickly access what's in your belt and pockets.
Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 11:42:02 am by oefox

Reply #143 Posted: June 07, 2012, 11:36:18 am
- badfox

Offline 5tacK

• Addicted
  • 5tacK has no influence.
Quote from: EnjoyTheSauce;1489146
Wouldn't a mash up of DayZ and Stalker just make the ultimate game?

Fuck yes.

Reply #144 Posted: June 07, 2012, 01:12:23 pm
[INDENT]
[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Click here to join our MAV Riding Platoon
[/INDENT]
[INDENT]

[/INDENT]

Offline oefox

• Devoted Member
On that, would make all the more believable storyline - rather than infected zombies they're radiation mutated zombies.

Alliances, territories, safezones (group and radiation), suits, trading depots...VODKA!!!

Game needs more vodka IMO, so not a believable former soviet block.

Reply #145 Posted: June 07, 2012, 01:54:14 pm
- badfox

Offline Plasma

• Addicted
  • Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.
I'm disappointed all the whiskey bottles are empty.

Reply #146 Posted: June 07, 2012, 01:58:30 pm

Offline Emrico1

Needs Vodka and Bears (as obble said)

Reply #147 Posted: June 07, 2012, 02:00:24 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
about a month ago, I played through and finished the entire STALKER series, and got very depressed when they announced they were cancelling work on STALKER 2 :(. DayZ has been the best substitute for it and would love to see a few ideas taken from there and put into a game like this. So much potential!

Reply #148 Posted: June 07, 2012, 04:22:51 pm
Dr. λculał

Offline oefox

• Devoted Member
You do know there's a few good mods for stalker...

Reply #149 Posted: June 07, 2012, 05:21:59 pm
- badfox