Topic: DayZ General Chat

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
The sight on the m16 all together is shit, not a fan at all.

Reply #600 Posted: July 19, 2012, 03:56:58 pm

Offline Warcrimes

• Just settled in
  • Warcrimes has no influence.
Quote from: Emrico1;1494672
The sight on that thing is horrid

Rico !? where you been dawg ?!

Reply #601 Posted: July 19, 2012, 05:16:13 pm
Kookynic - "facebook, it\'s a Pokédex for people"

Offline Th3.Dud3.Abid3s

• Just settled in
  • Th3.Dud3.Abid3s has no influence.
Wheres all the damn animals at night?

I really wanted to butcher and eat a whole cow to add a bit of colour to my world. I've checked all the barns and some houses too, but I cant find nuffink!

Reply #602 Posted: July 20, 2012, 09:06:56 am

Offline Lathium

• Just settled in
  • Lathium has no influence.
There's been a bug lately, where if you take your FoV off of an animal for a split second and then return, it'll sometimes disappear, so if you manage to find an animal, keep that in mind!

Reply #603 Posted: July 20, 2012, 09:44:35 am

Offline Lathium

• Just settled in
There's been a bug lately, where if you take your FoV off of an animal for a split second and then return, it'll sometimes disappear, so if you manage to find an animal, keep that in mind!

Also, seems like I've just been penalised for server hopping.

I'm at Stary, cleared out what I wanted from nz20, hop on over to 19, find an M4A1 CCO (And am extremely happy that I did), go back to a safe place to go back to NZ20 to bugger off, log over, and I lose everything. Weapon, Backpack (with 2 guns in it) and toolbelt.

I spawned infront of someone back at the tents, compared to where I logged out previously in my safe zone. I yelled out friendly, and thank the lord they didn't shoot, sorta hoping it was oeFox?

Anyway, I feel really bummed about that. Binoc's lost as well.

EDIT: Just happened, again...
Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 11:29:31 am by Lathium

Reply #604 Posted: July 20, 2012, 11:01:35 am

Offline oefox

• Devoted Member
  • oefox has no influence.
Oh...that might have been me, I logged off around 11:30, so if you someone that I disappeared then that was probably me otherwise it was spork as I think he said he was heading on.

I died btw, lots of gun smoke but couldn't actually see anyone, a little disappointed in unfair fights but all those tents are mine so make sure they keep getting used or they might vanish.

Reply #605 Posted: July 20, 2012, 02:50:30 pm
- badfox

Offline Th3.Dud3.Abid3s

• Just settled in
Quote from: Lathium;1494871
There's been a bug lately, where if you take your FoV off of an animal for a split second and then return, it'll sometimes disappear, so if you manage to find an animal, keep that in mind

Ahhhh, cheers for that. I had a white boar walk past me the other day, I momentarily looked away and it vanished. I thought 'faaark, this shits awesome!' I now feel safe to pack another ;)

Reply #606 Posted: July 20, 2012, 03:35:48 pm

Offline Lathium

• Just settled in
Welp, had a fairly decent start so far on the new character. Found an MP5 at the Hanger in Balota on an ANZ server, came across a player with a rifle and he didn't kill me which was cool.

Anywho, here's to the next 6 hours of shifting shit... -_-

Reply #607 Posted: July 21, 2012, 09:09:19 am

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Script kiddy death three times last night.

Oh well, back to the tents

Reply #608 Posted: July 21, 2012, 11:11:14 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Yea, That was bullshit, especially how he waited long enough for us to get somewhere/ I had found all the kit tools like map compass axe matches and stuff, then he killed everyone again.

Even when they spawned next to me and started haxin like a mad man, spawning heaps f shit infront of me, but they were invincible and I couldn't get then to type anything so I could see their name.. They spawned a bike so I just got on that and tried to get away before they killed me, but they spawned another bike Nd rode after me, then killed everyone again.

Gah, I just want to play the game, dam it work.

Reply #609 Posted: July 21, 2012, 11:47:19 am

Offline Warcrimes

• Just settled in
yeah that hacker was straight up rude

Reply #610 Posted: July 21, 2012, 12:22:16 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Indeed, prick of the highest order.

Reply #611 Posted: July 21, 2012, 06:52:17 pm

Offline ILoveMescaline

• I Posted!
  • ILoveMescaline has no influence.
Noob question, but srsly: What is the most fun thing about Dayz (i.e. what makes people keep playing it?)

I ask this as I am contemplating purchasing ARMA for Dayz (as it looks pretty awesome) but I need a little nudge to convince me to do it, and that Dayz will be able to hold my attention. Is it worth getting it or the money be better spent on another game?

Reply #612 Posted: July 22, 2012, 03:25:30 pm

Minecraft: JLB222

Offline Th3.Dud3.Abid3s

• Just settled in
For me personally, the main fun is starting from scratch, feeling naked and vulnerable and then managing to successfully scrounge my way into a position of stable survivability.

Once I'm 'all geared up' as it were, the game loses its appeal for me and merely becomes a sub-standard fps version of Bf2; albeit way more campy and far less action.

The team play is awesome and filled with lol's though, so that replicates the tight bf2 comradery that I miss. That is the most fun about DayZ, for me anyway. :loyal:

Reply #613 Posted: July 22, 2012, 04:26:10 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
One thing which I love about day z is that it isn't a quick game, you have use a bit of patience to do most things - or at least if you want to beat the average lifetime of 45 minutes! (yes I know it's askewed a bit).

Also just teaming up with mates and spending a while scouting then raiding the towns, seeing another 'survivor' run into a building and spending the next while taking them down with help from friendly snipers up in the hills or a situation similar to that.

Just to then walk into the next building and get killed by the door step..

Reply #614 Posted: July 22, 2012, 05:25:37 pm

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
What The Dude said, except replace BF2 with Project Reality. My favourite part of both games is the wandering through these large open maps, vulnerable as hell while thinking "is there someone watching me right now?". Its all about the tension that builds off of that. Then theres random encounters with other survivors, not knowing if they're going to blow you head off or give you that much needed blood transfusion.

Theres no story for this game, you and the players you interact with make the story and that combination makes for any number of unique experiences.

Reply #615 Posted: July 22, 2012, 05:27:25 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
I was actually going to compare the team play to bf2 before I had even read the dudes' post, being on team speak and being able to organize things makes it even more fun.

Reply #616 Posted: July 22, 2012, 05:27:40 pm

Offline CSfaith

• Devoted Member
  • CSfaith has no influence.

Reply #617 Posted: July 22, 2012, 07:49:02 pm

Offline Warcrimes

• Just settled in
Welcome to the walking simulator 2012

Reply #618 Posted: July 22, 2012, 07:51:19 pm

Offline CSfaith

• Devoted Member
  • CSfaith has no influence.
16gig download ftl.

Reply #619 Posted: July 22, 2012, 08:31:21 pm

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
managed to make a m16 acog disappear in my backpack this morning, I never even got to fire a shot with it. Oh well I'll just have to go find another.

Reply #620 Posted: July 22, 2012, 08:37:39 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
At the NW airfield... only...

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=menmiu5m.xli.jpg
DayZ General Chat

Reply #621 Posted: July 23, 2012, 03:49:32 am
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!
Can I get some feedback tonight on how you find the servers to be running. I have made a change across all servers and want to see if any adverse effects are coming across to players.

Things like poor fps/ increased desyncs/ general "lag" in server.

Reply #622 Posted: July 23, 2012, 03:19:02 pm

Offline kongkiwi

• Devoted Member
  • kongkiwi has no influence.
Is it me, or is this game a bit gay?

If so, I might just do it

Reply #623 Posted: July 23, 2012, 04:39:32 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
It's only $17 US, give it a go

Reply #624 Posted: July 23, 2012, 04:53:36 pm