Topic: Battlefield 4 Officially Confirmed

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
What's the significance of BC2 destructible buildings?

Did you know destructible buildings was a touted feature early on in BF42 development, then again in BF2?

As such I'd take promises so far with a grain of salt, I cant see EA wanting to go back to the PC gamer for nostalgia sake, console spin offs and top quality indy developers are all we have these days....oh and valve....for now....

actually valve have been up to fuck all for long enough now....

Reply #150 Posted: March 27, 2013, 03:53:35 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1521946

Did you know destructible buildings was a touted feature early on in BF42 development, then again in BF2?

As such I'd take promises so far with a grain of salt, I cant see EA wanting to go back to the PC gamer for nostalgia sake, console spin offs and top quality indy developers are all we have these days....oh and valve....for now....

BC2 destructable buildings were some of the most fun I had in gaming - its what prompted me to get out of my gaming duldrums and get into online Multiplayer.

Valve I think are trying to count to 3....

Reply #151 Posted: March 27, 2013, 04:21:47 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.

Reply #152 Posted: March 27, 2013, 04:28:04 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
There is blinding death sun in one of the screenshots....

Reply #153 Posted: March 27, 2013, 04:52:52 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1521946

Some BF2 mods had destructible buildings, such as Project Reality. So it was possible, just they didn't bother.

Reply #154 Posted: March 27, 2013, 05:15:29 pm

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
  • BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1521917
Empty promises - like it will be designed purely for PCs without any porting from a console and there will be a big focus on community and E Sports

I reckon there are three reasons to be positive about BF4:

1) They started developing BF4 pretty soon after BF3 and left a different DICE team to handle the DLC.  My pick is that with a 2 year development cycle they couldn't add features into BF3 that people were demanding (eg spectator, commander) and they just packaged them up into the next dev cycle.  It won't be revolutionary, but it will be better than a COD-style-map-pack-as-game-installment.

2) Frostbite is being used on many more EA games. So time spent developing the Frostbite engine (eg for better networking code or streaming and other esports stuff) is an investment that EA can reuse on other projects.

3) The new consoles are just around the corner (PS4 announced for Q4 2013), which should improve the console quality target (eg big 64p maps and shiny graphics aren't just for PCs any more).  Imagine the sales if your game is the first 'Killer App' for the new console generation?

Reply #155 Posted: March 27, 2013, 05:29:16 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
17 Minutes of gameplay. Lookin' good!

Reply #156 Posted: March 27, 2013, 06:40:31 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Call of Battlefield

Reply #157 Posted: March 27, 2013, 07:03:57 pm

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
  • BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...
Quote from: Bell;1521984
Call of Battlefield

Not sure if genuine, but...

But hey, who cares about the single player?

Reply #158 Posted: March 27, 2013, 07:50:48 pm

Offline nevjmac

• Just settled in
  • nevjmac has no influence.
Quote from: BeNZene;1521990

Agreed, single player battlefield is just weird

Reply #159 Posted: March 27, 2013, 07:59:38 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I liked the BF3 SP.

Watching the gameplay, it just looks like BF3 DLC.

Reply #160 Posted: March 27, 2013, 08:09:01 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
I second that Ret. I loved the SP Campaign, I'll even go as far to say I enjoyed most of the CoD campaigns. I honestly don't know why people bitch about SP in FPS games so much...

But yes, does just look like DLC. Oh well, just another game to play and I'm happy with that. :)

Reply #161 Posted: March 27, 2013, 08:31:43 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: BeNZene;1521990

Is that a Green Beret or even better - a British Marine?!?!?

Reply #162 Posted: March 27, 2013, 09:39:07 pm

Offline ~SoL1D_Sn4Ke~

• Devoted Member
  • ~SoL1D_Sn4Ke~ has no influence.
Quote from: Dr. Acula;1521977
17 Minutes of gameplay. Lookin' good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8HVQXkeU8U&feature=player_embedded

Call of Battle: Field Duty 4 ?

cool gfx and stuff, but no sign of tanks, jets..doubt MP will be fun, good for inf fans

Reply #163 Posted: March 27, 2013, 10:02:25 pm
H!SoN

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
Quote from: ~SoL1D_Sn4Ke~;1522015
Call of Battle: Field Duty 4 ?

cool gfx and stuff, but no sign of tanks, jets..doubt MP will be fun, good for inf fans

But how often did you experience tanks in BF3 SP? MP won't lack any of the features from BF3, all they can do is expand on it really.

Reply #164 Posted: March 27, 2013, 10:53:52 pm
Dr. λculał

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Dr. Acula;1522002
I second that Ret. I loved the SP Campaign, I'll even go as far to say I enjoyed most of the CoD campaigns. I honestly don't know why people bitch about SP in FPS games so much...

this, though the battlefield 3 SP was a bit dull, and CoD black ops confused me so much i refuse to play the 2nd one....

Reply #165 Posted: March 28, 2013, 07:59:40 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Flannel

• Just settled in
  • Flannel has no influence.
Hoping they can blend BC2 BF2 BF3 into the winning combination for this.

Reply #166 Posted: March 28, 2013, 11:13:07 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: Flannel;1522048
Hoping they can blend BC2 BF2 BF3 into the winning combination for this.

and have a Squad Sunglasses perk so I can see what the fuck I am doing

Reply #167 Posted: March 28, 2013, 11:45:46 am

Offline Matt

• Addicted
  • Matt has no influence.
I just want teamwork back

Reply #168 Posted: March 28, 2013, 12:54:58 pm
Quote from: Templar;966121
NOTICE: ICONZ Arena to close its doors.

Quote from: spongemaster001;966138
Oh well thats gay.
I worked so hard for my rep.

Offline Flannel

• Just settled in
  • Flannel has no influence.
also. bring back tracer dart.

Reply #169 Posted: March 28, 2013, 01:50:43 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: Flannel;1522067
also. bring back tracer dart.

Remove Javs and Stingers replace with Tracer-Dart,
Beef up TOW missle launchers and re-instate 50 Cal MG sites (they were so much fun in BC2 - but in BF3 not so much)

Reply #170 Posted: March 28, 2013, 01:54:11 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Yeah, I'm gonna hit a jet with a tracer dart...

Keep stingers, make them lock differently to helis and jets, fuck the javelin and tracer darts, make people aim again.

Reply #171 Posted: March 28, 2013, 04:34:48 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: mattnz;1522076
Yeah, I'm gonna hit a jet with a tracer dart...

Keep stingers, make them lock differently to helis and jets, fuck the javelin and tracer darts, make people aim again.

well you did have to aim with a tracer dart...

when you say make stingers lock differently to helis and jets - I am curious as to what you mean - care to elaborate?

Reply #172 Posted: March 28, 2013, 04:55:05 pm

Obble

k6 for admin imo

Reply #173 Posted: March 28, 2013, 05:40:06 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1522079
well you did have to aim with a tracer dart...

when you say make stingers lock differently to helis and jets - I am curious as to what you mean - care to elaborate?

As in make them effective against both, without being op. As they are now, they are barely useful vs jets, and ridiculous against helicopters. If the range (for instance) differed between the two, it would work a lot better.

And yeah, I find tracer darts less objectionable than javelins, but both are pretty lame. Good for taking out snipers though.

Reply #174 Posted: March 28, 2013, 06:17:38 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>