Topic: iPhone 5

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Smashing.

Reply #175 Posted: November 14, 2012, 10:57:09 am
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Where can I get an iCoffee?

Reply #176 Posted: November 14, 2012, 11:02:49 am

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Dunno, But I'm sure you'll be forced to line up. They only have limited supply you know.

Reply #177 Posted: November 14, 2012, 11:42:02 am

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Emrico1;1508717
Dunno, But I'm sure you'll be forced to line up. They only have limited supply you know.

I got a iCoffee yesterday, but I head this new iCoffee has a different shaped lid which allows for faster drinking, but it doesn't fit on the old iCoffee cups.

And it's taller!

Reply #178 Posted: November 14, 2012, 11:57:14 am

Offline monpepe

• Devoted Member
  • monpepe has no influence.
But the cups only work with one type of coffee made in a certain way.

Reply #179 Posted: November 14, 2012, 12:40:11 pm

Quote from: monpepe;1508726
But the cups only work with one type of coffee made in a certain way.

There is this coffee shop you can go to where they can 'unlock' your coffee cup so you can drink other types of coffee.

However it voids your warranty.

Reply #180 Posted: November 14, 2012, 01:08:47 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Sounds like an amazing deal to me. I'll take 3.

Reply #181 Posted: November 14, 2012, 01:15:12 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1508715
Where can I get an iCoffee?

iCoco

http://www.icoco.co.nz

LOL - website doesn't even work, fitting.

Reply #182 Posted: November 14, 2012, 01:17:50 pm

Quote from: Retardobot;1508742
iCoco

It worked for me.

You have to be drinking an iCoffee while viewing the website for it to work.

Reply #183 Posted: November 14, 2012, 01:30:07 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Screw you haters. It comes in a nice white cup so I am happy to pay extra. I know nothing of coffee but at least I think I look cooler while I am drinking from it. Smugness is worth the premium.

Reply #184 Posted: November 14, 2012, 01:47:04 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Retardobot;1508742
iCoco

Wouldnt say fitting.

iOS, while not the most feature rich, has got to be the most stable OS.

Reply #185 Posted: November 14, 2012, 01:50:18 pm

Offline monpepe

• Devoted Member
  • monpepe has no influence.
you can buy the iMUG though, which is bigger than the iCUP. That way you can get more coffee but its not as portable.

Reply #186 Posted: November 14, 2012, 02:18:01 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BerG;1508750
Wouldnt say fitting.

I didn't really mean an iPhone per say, just Apple as whole.

Their shares seem to be dropping and their legal team is hemorrhaging money chasing ridiculous lawsuits (and losing them).

Reply #187 Posted: November 14, 2012, 02:59:58 pm

Have have Apple not made the iWatch yet?

Reply #188 Posted: November 14, 2012, 03:10:33 pm

Offline Emrico1

Quote from: BerG;1508750
Wouldnt say fitting.

You know that iOS apps have a higher crash rate than android right?

Reply #189 Posted: November 14, 2012, 04:46:46 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
And it had better be pretty fucking stable running on only one hardware set.

Reply #190 Posted: November 14, 2012, 06:08:19 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
Quote from: Emrico1;1508775
You know that iOS apps have a higher crash rate than android right?
Sauce?
Never had an iOS app crash on me, some Cydia apps have though

Reply #191 Posted: November 14, 2012, 06:21:45 pm

Offline Emrico1

Quote from: O-L-W-A-G;1508789
Sauce?
Never had an iOS app crash on me, some Cydia apps have though

Google it

Reply #192 Posted: November 14, 2012, 06:26:37 pm

Codex

I have heaps of ios apps crash on me when I had my iphone, was fucking annoying

Reply #193 Posted: November 14, 2012, 08:54:37 pm

Offline Emrico1

Reply #194 Posted: November 14, 2012, 10:38:56 pm

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!
Quote from: Emrico1;1508831
http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomiogeron/2012/02/02/does-ios-crash-more-than-android-a-data-dive/

Can I have my 3 mins back for reading that rubbish? Too many variables in that so called 'study' to mean anything.

Splitting hairs at even 'their' results 0.69% being the difference.

Reply #195 Posted: November 14, 2012, 11:13:30 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: .osiRiS;1508833
Splitting hairs at even 'their' results 0.69% being the difference.

lol, is it really?
Did you just see a small number and therefore completely dismiss it? Some good Fox News logic there.

That number represents the increased chance of an app failing between andriod and apple per run.
The fail rate at worst is only %3.6 so %0.69 is actually a significant proportional difference.
Put into proportional terms.... A 3rd quartile IOS app is %20 more likely to fail on startup compared to an Andriod App

And how about looking at the 1st quartile, the top tier IOS apps are 3.4 times more likely to crash compared to their Andriod counterparts.

Which I don't think is splitting hairs and if true is very good rebuttal to what Berg said.
Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 11:55:07 pm by Bell

Reply #196 Posted: November 14, 2012, 11:36:13 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Quote from: Bell;1508835
lol, is it really?
Did you just see a small number and therefore completely dismiss it? Some good Fox News logic there.

That number represents the increased chance of an app failing between andriod and apple per run.
The fail rate at worst is only %3.6 so %0.69 is actually a significant proportional difference.
Put into proportional terms.... A 3rd quartile IOS app is %20 more likely to fail on startup compared to an Andriod App

And how about looking at the 1st quartile, the top tier IOS apps are 3.4 times more likely to crash compared to their Andriod counterparts.

Which I don't think is splitting hairs and if true is very good rebuttal to what Berg said.

Yeah pretty much this.

I think a lot of people get confused when dealing with percentages of a percentage. Honestly when I mark 100-level papers, I have not seen a single person get it right.

Say I (hypothetically) get a sample of 100 for a survey of transportation methods. I find that 75 people primarily use a car, and 15 people primarily use a motorbike (i.e. 75% and 15% respectively).

Now the absolute difference between these two figures is 60 percentage points. It should be clear, however, that it's not correct to say 60% more people use a car than a motorbike.

From those figures 400% more people primarily use cars than motorbikes.

In the same way, Bell is just so right in pointing out that, actually, top tier iOS apps are 240% more likely to crash than their Android equivalents. The contrast between 1st quartile apps is actually the most stark, although there is clearly a floor effect (i.e. an app can't crash less than 0% of the time).

But yeah, educational rant, hopefully someone learns something about data analysis.

Reply #197 Posted: November 15, 2012, 01:50:37 am
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Ok, you got me.

Reply #198 Posted: November 15, 2012, 05:00:35 am

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!
You can go on your figures all you want but you have totally different test environments. iOS 5 just released to the masses compared to android with little to no uptake on the release at the time.

Reply #199 Posted: November 15, 2012, 07:45:53 am