Topic: Steam XMAS Sale 2012

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Get hotline miami

Pretty meh sale so far, I've only bought Spec Ops The Line, everything else is either shit or I've already got

Reply #75 Posted: December 26, 2012, 12:32:29 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Aloysius

• Just settled in
  • Aloysius has no influence.
Fine. I was hoping Anno2070 complete would have a bigger discount. The same with sleeping dogs. Will wait till the end to see if they came up in a flash or something.

Reply #76 Posted: December 26, 2012, 03:01:48 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Speakman;1512678
Spec Ops The Line

What is that like?

Deadlight looked mildly entertaining, but then I found out it was an xbox title.
Is it worth it?

Reply #77 Posted: December 27, 2012, 12:04:49 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Haven't touched it yet, because its xmas and so had two days of this:

Flatmate played it and liked it

Reply #78 Posted: December 27, 2012, 12:08:34 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
I see it has demo. Trying it now.

Reply #79 Posted: December 27, 2012, 12:21:27 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Picked up Mass Effect 2 for SP while OS soon.

Reply #80 Posted: December 27, 2012, 12:32:36 pm

Offline Pyromanik

wut

Reply #81 Posted: December 27, 2012, 01:16:18 pm

Offline Speakman

He's going overseas, where you get shot if you use the intermawebs

Reply #82 Posted: December 27, 2012, 02:06:07 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
He's going to China!?

Reply #83 Posted: December 27, 2012, 02:10:07 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1512787
wut

Yeah, going over seas to work soon, bought some games for single player because the interwebs over there are fucking bad

Reply #84 Posted: December 27, 2012, 02:30:46 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Oh you're coming back to NZ?

(That's a joke and a question)

Reply #85 Posted: December 27, 2012, 04:35:25 pm

Offline Pyromanik

LOL
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 80% off.
Yeah I'd say it's probably worth $2.

Reply #86 Posted: December 27, 2012, 05:30:08 pm

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
I've got Arkham City and the Saint's Row 3 package when they were $7.50 for the DLC. Apart from that I've just brought Natural Selection 2, Knights of The Old Republic 2 and Ace of Spades over the last couple of days.

Reply #87 Posted: December 27, 2012, 11:09:36 pm

Offline Pyromanik

So... tell me about Ace of Spades, I've had my eye on that since it was released.

Quote from: Pyromanik;1512778
Deadlight looked mildly entertaining, but then I found out it was an xbox title.
Is it worth it?

I decided against it after reading about a whole bunch of issues with the Steam distribution.
Bad port is bad and crashes lots of varying hardware apparently.
Also only 3 hours long, while that isn't so bad I'm also pretty broke and I don't really think it's worth the $7.50

Reply #88 Posted: December 28, 2012, 12:24:52 am

Offline Emrico1

Quote from: Pyromanik;1512809
Oh you're coming back to NZ?

Yeah man, not selling up or anything...

Reply #89 Posted: December 28, 2012, 12:49:53 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Quote from: Pyromanik;1512871
So... tell me about Ace of Spades, I've had my eye on that since it was released.

It's pretty much what you see on the video when you visit it's steam page. A bit TF2 meets Minecraft. Multiplayer matches where there are four classes with different weapons and equipment and all can destroy or build on any part of the map. There are a few different game modes from what I've seen but I haven't really played that much because there are only US servers at the moment and I lag pretty bad. I've had one good round where I didn't have too much trouble and that was pretty fun, but I'd like to see local servers.

On a side note, I want to get XCOM but 33% off doesn't seem like a good deal next to the 50%, 66% and 75% off of everything else. I know it's a recent release, but still ...
Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 11:05:55 am by Scunner

Reply #90 Posted: December 28, 2012, 10:49:29 am

Offline Aloysius

• Just settled in
  • Aloysius has no influence.
Got sleeping dogs. Something to play now. (already done a run through of hotline:Miami).

Reply #91 Posted: December 28, 2012, 12:05:18 pm

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Scunner;1512892
It's pretty much what you see on the video when you visit it's steam page. A bit TF2 meets Minecraft. Multiplayer matches where there are four classes with different weapons and equipment and all can destroy or build on any part of the map. There are a few different game modes from what I've seen but I haven't really played that much because there are only US servers at the moment and I lag pretty bad. I've had one good round where I didn't have too much trouble and that was pretty fun, but I'd like to see local servers.

On a side note, I want to get XCOM but 33% off doesn't seem like a good deal next to the 50%, 66% and 75% off of everything else. I know it's a recent release, but still ...

They are working on releasing a public dedi server, when thats out ill put one up

Reply #92 Posted: December 28, 2012, 12:13:04 pm
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: Aloysius;1512900
Got sleeping dogs. Something to play now. (already done a run through of hotline:Miami).
Was tempted, but decided not.

Reply #93 Posted: December 28, 2012, 12:35:56 pm

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
Quote from: DarkVirus;1512901
They are working on releasing a public dedi server, when thats out ill put one up

Reply #94 Posted: December 28, 2012, 12:58:28 pm

Codex

Looked at ace of spades but won't bother tbh, never see anyone playing it on my list

Picked up new worms since it's half, already had the rest of the worms games

Also picked up the walking dead

Reply #95 Posted: December 28, 2012, 01:00:13 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Nobody has bought me the Square Enix/Eidos pack yet.. so I bought a couple of indie games until that happens.

Reply #96 Posted: December 28, 2012, 08:27:33 pm

Offline Pyromanik

I bought, played and enjoyed Spec Ops: The Line. I'd recommend it.

Reply #97 Posted: December 29, 2012, 12:08:39 am

Offline Emrico1

Quote from: Pyromanik;1512925

Bought :)

Reply #98 Posted: December 29, 2012, 12:16:18 am

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Quote from: Pyromanik;1512925

I heard that if you enjoy Spec-ops, it kinda makes you a psychopath :P

As much as I want to see this story everyone goes on about, I can't make myself due to the zzz 3rd person shooter gameplay.

Reply #99 Posted: December 29, 2012, 04:36:18 am
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."